“Quaint Restaurant by the Water”

Kentmorr Restaurant and Crab House
Reserve with OpenTable
Kentmorr Restaurant and Crab House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 36 Restaurants in Stevensville
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Kids, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 8
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Quaint Restaurant by the Water”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

I visited the Eastern Shore with my husband. Told by someone I met at last year's MD Seafood festival this is a great place for seafood. Dawn, our server, was very pleasant and explained the daily specials and items on the menu. We decided to try some different appetizers, one being "half and half" crab soup. I was a little disappointed, though not sure how that combination would be. I couldn't really taste crab, maybe that was due to having the cream of crab soup layered on top of the traditional MD crab soup. My husband loved his prosciutto wrapped fried scallops! Only wish it wasn't served with a red pepper cream sauce that over powered the delicate taste of the scallop. I'd consider ordering it again, but without the sauce. Maybe I am more of a purist when it comes to eating seafood. My husband's grilled Rockfish was great. Really fresh taste. I ordered a soft shelled crab dinner. It was nicely battered, but spicy. Delicious side dishes and great portions. If you think I am not rating this restaurant great, I am not! I'd go back again and perhaps just avoid some items with sauces. I think I'll order their two hour all you can eat crab feast! Also, there's a great beach, outside Tiki Bar with some Caribbean music playing. Great place along the water to see a sunset!

Visited July 2014

“Always good”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I've been several times while visiting family and it's always good. Everything I have tried has been great. It's a nice atmosphere and great food. Can't wait til next time.

• Visited July 2014
“Untapped potential ”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Okay the down and dirty on the Kentmorre . Restaurant like most kent island restaurants ( not Annie's ) need a make over desperately. It's just OLD inside the restaurant and the good is average. The bathrooms are disgusting. Come on owners. Disgusting.
Outside tiki bar has views that are the best on the island. No question BUT the tiki bar could be Sooo much better. Make it larger and add some benches for people to sit. When it's crowded the kids running around and hogging up the swings is pathetic. Drinks weren't as good as I thought they should be. Had orange crush and rum runners.
Parking is terrible but it can't be improved. This place has SO much potential but the owners haven't done enough. Omg re do the bathrooms and dining area please.
The inside bar is small and unappealing. Prices are good.

Clermont, Florida
“Great fresh food!”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We ate there on the last day of our trip to the Eastern Shore of Md. We had cream of crab soup, clams , crab cake ans soft shell crab. After going to four other restaurants that served the same fare, this one came out on top! Casual atmosphere, great service, and the food was the best we had.

• Visited June 2014
Germantown Maryland
“Great place to spend the day”
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Went to Kentmorr and spent the day on the little Beach. We brought our chairs and umbrella and just chilled. Around three we put our name on the list to eat and were told it would be an hour which was fine and we went back to the beach. 35 minutes later they called us on my cell (nice way to do it) and we were seated. I had the cream of crab soup that was very rich, full of limp crab and just delicious. For the main I had the crab cake with a side ceaser salad and Cole slaw. All excellent. The only complaint was the cake was a little small but it more than made up for it in flavor. My wife had the crab sliders and Kentmorr fries. Again very good. Great place to go for the day.

• Visited June 2014