“The Best Brunch in Maryland - BAR NONE!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Manor Inn Restaurant - CLOSED

Manor Inn Restaurant
Price range: US$11 - US$28
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, View
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Waterfront Historic Kent Manor Inn on 220-acres provides you with Saturday lunches and our Champagne Sunday Brunch Buffet each week. Enjoy regional cuisine from Maryland's Eastern Shore and the Chesapeake Bay in dining rooms with fireplaces, our four seasons porch and our outside dining, too, weather permitting. Only 15 minutes from Annapolis!
Maryland
“The Best Brunch in Maryland - BAR NONE!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

I travel extensively both nationally and internationally and have had many brunches, with most that I care to forget. Let’s say up front I detest brunches! They customarily are served buffet style and I really don’t often care for buffets. However, the way executive chef, William Lackey, has executed the brunch at the Kent Manor Inn eliminates the customarily overwhelming, roaring steam tables of an unpalatable cornucopia of tasteless foods that I have found at many other brunch offerings. The Inn’s brunch on the wonderful Eastern Shore of Maryland is one of the most delicious, fresh and beautiful presented brunches my colleagues and I have ever tasted. From the Mimosa’s to the Old Bay Spice rimmed Bloody Mary’s this place is a real find and WORTH the drive from DC. One of the Inn’s lovely rooms is dedicated to salads, smoked fish tray, fresh and perfectly prepared steamed shrimp, fresh shucked oysters and a small but extremely fresh array of salads and cheeses. In the Inn’s dining room – which reminds you of being at one’s “blue blood” grandmother’s grand affair – you will find an array of the most delectable hand carved meats, grilled fish, filet mignon (cooked perfectly pink to appease all), chicken and made to order omelets, eggs, etc., along with traditional breakfast fare – except that it is really FRESH and prepared in classic manor. A star is the prime rib (and I am SERIOIUS) and the most delectable baby back ribs (evidently made from the chefs “secret” recipe) that I have ever eaten - in Kansas City, Memphis or North Carolina. Yet in another room are the desserts – all truly delectable. It goes on and on – but it is NOT overwhelming. The secret – food come out in small batches so it does not rest in a chafing dish or steam table for an hour or more (there are NO steam tables here!). It is replaced as soon as it runs out – the kitchen KNOWs how to manage food against the number of guests – BUT you never have to wait over a couple of minutes for something to come straight from the kitchen to the table. Let me assure you, for those who customarily go to brunches for the quantity – not the quality – you get it all here – a nice variety of perfectly executed food that has phenomenal flavor. Bravo to Chef Lackey – and Bravo to you who take the one hour jaunt from DC to try it.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Eric007Maryland

Bethesda, Maryland
“Country retreat only an hour from DC”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

Beautiful historic inn on the river. Built in 1820's it's charm is complimented by period art and furnishings. Known as a wedding site it also works well as a corporate retreat. I imagine it's as tranquil in the summer - when fishing, biking and kayaks come into play. Our service, lodging, food and staff were all on point for us - even when snowed in!

• Visited March 2014
Baltimore, Maryland
“Exceptional Group Menus for Meetings”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

Very flexible kitchen for group needs; dietary issues of participants. Varied menus for multi day stays at affordable pricing. They offer both ala carte and packages.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank susan r
“Review for the hotel no for the restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

The hotel has a good location, quiet and romantic, good stuff and nice decorations.
We stay one night and for the price it should be a good place to sleep but the big problem was the beds...they were to noisy! I can not have a good sleep ..every time one of my kids or my husband move I can hear it!!!
I can't recommend it as a hotel but I can see that the facilities are good for weeding or for eating!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank 5cargotravels
travel8519, Owner at Manor Inn Restaurant, responded to this review, 29 December 2013
We are so sorry your sleeping experience wasn't up to par. Our four-post beds can get squeaky and we will start tightening those up right away! Our 200-year old floors get squeaky, too! Just this year we completed a structural renovation of the main staircase as, guess what, this too was making noise (and had started to sag, too). Please count on giving us a whirl, again, and contact me in advance if you do! With all my best, alan@kentmanor.com
Washington DC
“Inn doesn't know how to run a restaurant”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

Where to begin? I guess at the beginning. We have been to Kent Manor Inn multiple times, but this was our first visit in two or three years. Something has changed. They have built a new facility, obviously for weddings. We tried to have lunch (and I mean tried) on a Saturday. we made reservations. When we arrived, staff were busy tending to two couples who were obviously considering this place for their weddings. We, however, were ignored. I tried to make noise and make our presence known at the reception desk. No one was there. For about five minutes. Eventually, a staff member sauntered by. We were seated. We ordered a bottle of wine. However, Althea indicated the wine was not cold and she would chill it for us. Fifteen minutes later, she brought a bottle of white wine that was warm. She indicated she would go to find a cold bottle, leaving us wondering why this couldn't be done in the first place. Eventually, she arrived with a different varietal than we requested. She invited us to look at how they stored things, and why she was having problems filling our simple request for a cold bottle of common white wine. Like we care wat their problems are, or how their restaurant is set up.

We had 25 minutes invested at this point. needless to say, we left. What has happened to kent Manor Inn? Something is seriously wrong here. They obviously don't care about customers and are only interested in paying off their investment in their new wedding facility, which, by the way, looks fairly industrial.

Big thumbs down.

Won't be back, stay away if you can.

Sometimes, bur rarely, there is a disconnect between the guests and our staff. Maybe this was one of these times. It is possible that staff had been inattentive. It is also possible that guests can be impatient. But I digress as the guest is always right! So, when we review our reviews and see that 18 of 25 reviews rates us as excellent, 4 as very good, 2 as good I always see room for improvement. So, let me say "thank you" for being the only guest to rate us as a "1" with which I will take to heart and try to improve. Meanwhile, we remain, one of the top five restaurants in Stevensville and the #1 Hotel in Stevensville, as well as TheKnot awards for

The Best of Weddings 2012
The Best of Weddings 2013
The Best of Weddings 2014

So let me say, again, just two words, and those are "thank you" as your comments will help us continue to grow.

Warmest holiday regards,