“Very Good Home Cooking”

JT's Kitchen
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Sunderland
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 26 December 2013

It's very rare to find a restaurant in our area that serves great home cooked breakfast until now. My husband and I ate breakfast here for the first time and it was really good and I was impressed to find that the creamed chip beef gravy was home made! I have tried it everywhere I go and it always tasted like it came out of a can.The staff are very attentive and take care of you fast. Yes the food came out a little slow but it was well worth the wait to receive home cooking. We plan to eat here every Sunday now for breakfast.

1  Thank Theresa G

Reviewed 22 March 2013

It's really nice to have a local food establishment in the local area. They seem to be doing very well for having just opened. The food was good but took a long time to receive. The wait staff is very attentive but, almost to the point of irritating. My guess is they're trying really hard to make a good impression. Keeping in mind they've been open a very short time and are still working out the kinks, I think JTs Kitchen will be a welcome addition to the area.

1  Thank Tndist
Reviewed 6 March 2013

JT's kitchen is owned by a local Calvert family and you can tell from the minute you walk in that you are home. The food was delicious, the portions were generous, the prices were very reasonable, and the staff was super friendly and personable. The only thing that I would change would be the wait time. However, I know that they just opened and that it takes time to establish routines in a new restaurant. It may help to call in your order ahead of time. They serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

2  Thank Melaney68