“Exceeded Expectations”
Tennis Court With Basketball Hoop Too
Club House From The Lake
Docks
Deck And Steps
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Rod W
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Exceeded Expectations”
Reviewed 14 July 2016 for a stay in March 2016

It has been almost a month since my family reunion event at the Exceeding Expectations home (yes, I'm just writing the review but for good reason) and we have plans to go back for future family events. I started writing this review at least 3 times and felt the words were not eloquent enough to give the home its total praise! As a retired member of the US Military, father of 4 with 1 on the way, and full-time business professional...my life definitely has its stressful moments. Coordinating family reunions has never been on my "things-to-do" list. Laurie took all of the stress out of booking our event, she seemed to genuinely care about the needs of every member of our family. An absolute great person and I am definitely looking forward to doing business with her in the future. Now to the good stuff! This home absolutely has it all! Anyone looking to spoil those that deserve it...book now! Do Not Wait! Thanks in large to support from Laurie (the home owner), we were able to plan events and activities prior to arrival. 1. The initial response to walking into the home-breathtaking. The house has 4 levels so pace yourself as you initially walk onto the property. Every bedroom in the home is a huge "master" bedroom with its own bathroom! 2. We'd planned on eating at different restaurants doing our stay, until we saw the kitchen. The kitchen has 2 of everything, which makes cooking meals for a group of 16 much easier than we originally anticipated. We ended up cooking or grilling at home every night of our stay.The dining room table is HUGE and perfect for great conversation and meals; we also used it for game night events 3.This home is so accommodating that it can be very easy to just stay inside and make up reasons not to leave the "castle" or "palace" as the kids call it. My wife and mother-in-law both suffer from allergies so finding a home this elaborate that is both pet and smoke-free was major! 4. The indoor pool is where the teens and kids spent most of their time. I love that the windows in the pool area open to allow fresh air from outside. The pool tech really does come to the house everyday to ensure both the pool and hot-tub are functioning properly, awesome 5. Fast, reliable WiFi. Usually this would be higher on the list but the kids enjoyed the time with the family so much that phones and tablets were rarely used. I used it to conduct a few business transactions and it performed greatly The home definitely Exceeded all Expectations

Management Response
22 Jul 2016
Dear Rod!

Thank you so much for your wonderfully detailed review! Retired military, father of four with one on the way, full-time professional AND planner of the summer family reunion? You definitely deserved a great vacation and we are so happy that you experienced one!

The best part of your review was that the speedy wifi was not required by the kids as they were unplugged and simply enjoying each other. It just doesn't get better, does it?

Please let us know when you are ready to make plans for your next Deep Creek Lake escape!

~ Your friends at Railey Mountain Lake Vacations
Keith D
New York City, New York
“Exceeding Expectations is a Perfect Vacation Home for a Large Group”
Reviewed 8 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015

A large group of adults and children stayed at Exceeding Expectations for New Years. The home itself was a perfect for a large group. Each of the bedrooms was able to comfortably host all of the different sized families and singles in our group. The kitchen was very modern and had 2 of everything - 2 refrigerators, sinks, and dishwashers. It led to an open dining area and living room. The living room area on the main floor was a bit tiny, but there are two more levels of shared space that is plenty comfortable. The indoor pool was also a big hit, especially with the kids.

I must add that the home owner herself was extraordinarily helpful leading up to the stay and helped answer any of the questions that we had about the home prior to the weekend.

Without hesitation, I'd recommend Exceeding Expectations to a large group looking for a vacation home in the Deep Creek area.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: We liked the indoor pool and size of the bedrooms best.
Liked least: There was a pool maintenance person who stopped by daily, which was slightly inconvenient.
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Management Response
14 Mar 2016
Thanks so much for your kind review and we are really happy that you enjoyed your stay! We hope that you will reach out to us when you are ready to plan your next Deep Creek lake escape.

~ Railey Mountain Lake Vacations
prollins2...
Catonsville, Maryland
“Exceeding Expectations”
Reviewed 7 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015

The name Exceeding Expectations for this beautiful home is definitely a name that fits the home! The reason I say home because it is more then a house, you feel so comfortable as soon as you walk thru the door! We stayed from a Friday until Monday for my birthday weekend with friends and family. My son and husband cooked steak and potatoes on the charcoal grill, which worked wonderful! To have an indoor pool and to be able to go swimming in December was great and the hot tub water was a perfect temp! The home was ready for us, the home was very clean. We try to book this home again for Easter weekend, but they r booked. My husband and good friend's birthday is this weekend and everybody that went on my birthday weekend wanted to come back to the same place but they r booked, so we r looking forward to staying at another home owned by the same owners of this home! My family and friends completely recommend this beautiful home called Exceeding Expectations and r looking forward to many more stays. Thank you for exceeding our expectations!

Sommer G
“Great Weekend Getaway!”
Reviewed 3 January 2016 for a stay in November 2015

My friends and I picked this house based on the size and amenities. There were 6 couples total, all with small children under the age of 6. The indoor pool was awesome - the kids loved it and were swimming much of the time we were there (which was perfect for a cool November weekend). There is a fire pit that we all enjoyed for an evening of fun and s'mores! The 6 master suites were perfect and fit all 6 families very comfortably - it was great for each family to have their own bathroom. The location of the house was also great, as it is close to the Arrowhead market, Honi Honi, and Deep Creek State Park.
Laurie was an absolute delight to work with - she is very sweet and extremely helpful. I would rent this house again just to deal with her!
Overall, it was a wonderful weekend and a great gathering place for old friends to meet and spend time together!

Tiff C
Pasadena, Maryland
“Did not meet expectations, unsafe, security risk”
Reviewed 3 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015
people found this review helpful

I thought it was a little weird that there have been no reviews for the home for about four months. It makes me think people pick and choose what to put on the website. First I thought the price of the home was ridiculous. The only view you get are trees. The decks are old and appear to be falling apart. The dishwashers don't latch close and when you do finally get them closed don't expect them to wash dishes because they don't. Washing dishes for a party of fifteen isn't fun and very time consuming to say the least. The home is full of spider webs. You can tell when you walk in the house cleaning is "lets hurry up and get this done" because there were still crumbs under the table and other people's belongings under the beds. The pillows were so disgusting. I took off a pillow case and it was yellow, full of spit and blood spots. I recommend bringing your own pillow and blankets because who knows how long its been since the bedspreads were washed because they stink. The word gross isn't strong enough. Don't expect privacy either. A pool person comes everyday in a different car. You have no pictures of the people that are coming and they have no credentials, they could be just a person scoping out your belongings waiting till you leave so they can rob you. I mean honestly I never felt safe leaving our things there. One morning we were eating breakfast and no knock at the door just a random woman entered and proceeded down the stairs. No one services a pool each and everyday. One of the days a random person in a green car appeared outside and began taking pictures while we swam in the pool. Creepy. If you are spending more than six thousand dollars you should at least feel safe and you don't. The downstairs of the home smells of mold so bad my niece, who is allergic to mold, was sick the entire vacation. If you expect management to compensate you in any way don't because they don't care. My brother also found a black widow spider in the house. It would've been nice to at lease have been warned of their presence in the area. I have three young children and if they would've gotten that venom in their bodies, I hate to think of what the result could've been. In conclusion, if you don't mind staying in a home full of mold, unsafe conditions, and insects that could potentially harm you, stay here.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked least: mold, spiders, spider webs, gross bedding, security
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
VA
Reviewed 11 March 2014 for a stay in February 2014

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway
Jeff G
Takoma Park, Maryland
“Beautiful, comfortable home in very convenient location.”
Reviewed 25 December 2013 for a stay in December 2013

Our group of 6 adults and 4 young kids really enjoyed the spacious, modern and bright house. All amenities were in good working condition. Super to use big indoor pool, fun to play free video games on arcade machine programmed with 50 or so games from the 80s, 90s. We all enjoyed foozball and billiards tables.

Group drove to Wisp Mountain and Deep Creek Lake State Park, as well as Swallow Falls State Park, for beautiful hiking, winter activities and nature center. So much to do any season within 10-15 min drive.

Rental management company and owners were extremely helpful and responsive, and positive, with planning the rental as well as a couple of small questions once we arrived!

Excellent value and house is high quality vacation, exactly as advertised.

Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing