Etta Mae Inn Bed and Breakfast
Hotwire.com
US$165
HIExpress.com
US$96
Motel 6 Washington DC(Washington DC)
US$120
  • Breakfast included
US$191
Homewood
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 June 2012

This place is idea for young (18-21) people who are short on cash. There are no amenities, its a smelly house, with extremely uncomfortable beds and old furniture. I strongly recommend you look around Takoma Park for another place to stay before booking here.

Room Tip: Rooms in another Bed & Breakfast or Hotel!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 June 2012

We stayed at the Etta Mae Inn over our wedding weekend and it was the perfect place to spend those fun and hectic days. Francoise is unruffled by anything and truly invites you to treat the place as your home. I had several girlfriends and relatives over while I was getting ready and then our entire families gathered in her house to take our family photos before the wedding. Francoise was very gracious and her home is a beautiful place to take pictures. The breakfasts were great and very welcome considering I don't know if I would have had a chance to eat those days otherwise! We stayed in the Pheonix and the bathroom is to die for. Her home is beautiful and has a lot of character. The atmosphere is very relaxed and pleasant and I am so glad we stayed there.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 May 2012

I had a short notice conference to attend in Washington, DC and needed a place to stay the night before. I started searching the internet for B&Bs close to the metro and found Etta Mae Inn. What a delight! I called and the innkeeper, Ms. Francoise, and found that she had availability for me. I told her that I would not arrive until 11 pm, due to another previously scheduled meeting. She was up when I arrived, greeted me with a smile and was very warm and friendly. The room was very clean, well-appointed and had an adjacent bathroom that was very modern for this charming older home! The mattress was perfect for me-firm and the linens were high quality. In the morning, she prepared breakfast for me at the time I needed, and even brought me to the metro herself! I would recommend Etta Mae Inn to anyone needing a personal touch for a stay in and around DC! Francoise is wonderful and very experienced at her work. It is apparent she loves to help and care for others!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 October 2011

another wonderful holiday at the etta mae inn with francoise and her fantastic breakfasts.
Our room the keira was very comfortable, and francoise breakfasts with her homemade muffins were always looked forward to. as usual a home from home

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2011

We stayed at the Etta Mae Inn B & B several months ago and we found our stay outstanding in every way. Our room was lovely the bathroom was beyond belief i.e. fixtures, size. Out hostess and owner could not have been more helpful and she made us a beautifully prepared breakfast. My brother lives nearby so hopefully we can make a return trip.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family