“Great Time!”

Ranked #2 of 3 Takoma Park B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Great Time!”
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I flew in from Italy and felt right at home from day one. They truly catered to all my needs. I needed a quite room that would allow me to relax before my upcoming busy week. I stayed in room 6 (Rain Forest) which is absolutely great as it is away from the main road. The breakfast was very filling and the atmosphere was welcoming. I am glad I choose Eden Park and hope to return soon!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Jackson, Mississippi
Reviewed 3 July 2012

The location is good, Takoma Park is quint. The property was clean but the furnishings are very outdated and did not match. What can be a very nice B&B is substandard at best. The towels are rough and the comforters and linens are bare minimum. The shower curtains did not match as was most of what was in the house.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jazzytraveler504
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 28 June 2012

This was my first attempt at a B&B, what a success. The host is amazing. We arrived later than anticipated and everything was perfect for getting in and settled. The Carroll room was adorable, plenty of room and a nice sized very clean bathroom. The breakfast accommodation were great, variety to pick from. We stayed on the top floor which we enjoyed but it is a few stairs to the top. I would recommend this to anyone staying in Maryland or DC. It is close to anything and everything. Great food and shopping just steps away from the door. Thanks!!

• Stayed July 2011
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2012

This was a very good experience for me. I was afraid at first due to reviews but i am glad I went.
The place was clean and the innleepers were friendly. Overall I enjoyed it. breakfast was delicious and the place was very convenient to metro. I could go into DC and enjoy Downtown Takoma Park.

Room Tip: Love the Venus Room!!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Lucy B
usa
Reviewed 3 May 2012

I have no idea what the previous reviewers are talking about because this place is excellent! It is very clean, and the rooms are very well decorated. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful, and there couldnt be a better place to stay in the area. I prefer staying in Takoma Park as oppsed to other parts of the DC area because it is quiet, safe and a nice community. The proximity to public transit is great and had a truly nostalgic and old timey feel. I be staying here again!

Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank mis777
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 19 December 2011

The place was filthy, the furniture was 40 years old, the heat hardly worked, and the television was broken. Oh, and they tried to charge us for maid service. The breakfast was not edible. Need I go on? Do yourself a favor and stay away.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Kenneth L
montgomery
Reviewed 24 July 2009

We have stayed here several times, hoping that they are improving the premises. We have usually stayed on the first floor.

However, despite its excellent location, we won't be back.

Nothing has improved. The rooms are cramped, with rickety old furniture. On our last visit, the chair fell apart in my hands. The bed slopes, because for years people have sat on one corner to watch TV. The bathroom is huge and the shower is good, but there's a handicap frame over the toilet which is not fastened properly.

The parking lot has a HUGE hole in the middle of the driveway.

The price charged me was much higher than what their website says.

Obviously this is a family run establishment (nothing wrong with that) but it's operated as a sideline.

I wish I could say better things, because the staff (family) has always been friendly. The cafe next door is great, as are two restaurants just up the street.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
Hilton Garden Inn Silver Spring North
Hampton Inn Silver Spring
Hampton Inn Silver Spring
#2 of 12 in Silver Spring

Been to Eden Park Guest House? Share your experiences!