“Leaves a lot to be desired”

Eden Park Guest House
Ranked #2 of 3 Takoma Park B&B and Inns
Southern NJ
“Leaves a lot to be desired”
Reviewed 11 January 2013

Stayed here a year ago (not in Feb. 2012). Don't know if it has improved but at the time we had a front room. Heard the buses going around the corner all night long and the cafe next store getting deliveries in the early morning hours. Someone across the hall was having a "good time." Room was clean but that was about it. Shared bath was not barely functional. Breakfast was a disaster! Could not even find the diningroom at first. Cold eggs, toast, and coffee. They had to run out for milk.

Room Tip: try staying in a back room it might be quieter
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank russofSNJ

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Takoma Park, Maryland, United States
Reviewed 1 October 2012

The website urges customers to "fully review the room features" before reserving a room, but there is very little available about the rooms published on the website. Their street sign advertises it as a "bed and breakfast," but the website says that it is only a continental breakfast.

When I went in person to inspect the conditions, I was informed of a toilet overflow, and that I would need to to call to make an appointment. When I eventually canceled my reservation more than ten days in advanced, Etty Bella told me that I was ineligible for a refund, despite that I was complying with the stated policy of canceling more than ten days in advance.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank April K
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed 2 August 2012

This was a great location, Easy access to local transportation, and food. They provide a nice family feel with continental breakfast, Coffee/tea and Internet access. If you truly want to feel at home, this would be the place to be.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Jide F
Westminster, Maryland
Reviewed 2 August 2012

I enjoyed a stay at Eden Park Guest house this summer, for a few days. Upon arrival I was greeted by the courteous staff. Eden park, was very warm, relaxing and inviting. I especially loved the comfortable beds. Waking up and looking out my window really made this experience worthwhile.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Plattsburgh, New York
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I just stayed here for 3 nights. My daughter lives down the street and I was there to attend a conference in DC with her. (Taking Action for Animals--awesome!). The location was,of course, perfect. Close to my daughter, close to the Metro and some decent restaurants and cute shops. That said,my experience with my actual stay is as follows.
Got there about 4:00 on a Fri afternoon. Rang the bell and it took forever for somebody to answer. I hate to wait. The owner's son ( I assume) let me in and then the owner arrived.She showed me to my room. The Safari room which was mentioned in another post that I just read. I had the same feeling about the room. Just sad. Dark and drab.Air conditioner right by the bed. A few crappy African knickknacks here and there. Very small. It was only me so I was fine but it would be impossible to get dressed or anything with somebody else there.
When we got up the million stairs to the room, I was horrified by the bathroom. I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to use the shower and not destroy the room SO (don't tell anybody) I used the bathroom on the level below. I felt guilty and ridiculous but there was no way I could have taken a shower where I was supposed to! It was horrible. I think I can say that the bathrom was clean but it's so old it's hard to tell. It looks like maybe part of it was remodeled but the shower thing is a huge problem.. I'll go back only until my daughter moves but next time I'll try a room on a lower level. PS. I booked on line and there was no hint that the room I booked was on the third floor. I think this is something that should be included in the info.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the Safari Room!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank mommyembee
New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I flew in from Italy and felt right at home from day one. They truly catered to all my needs. I needed a quite room that would allow me to relax before my upcoming busy week. I stayed in room 6 (Rain Forest) which is absolutely great as it is away from the main road. The breakfast was very filling and the atmosphere was welcoming. I am glad I choose Eden Park and hope to return soon!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Jackson, Mississippi
Reviewed 3 July 2012

The location is good, Takoma Park is quint. The property was clean but the furnishings are very outdated and did not match. What can be a very nice B&B is substandard at best. The towels are rough and the comforters and linens are bare minimum. The shower curtains did not match as was most of what was in the house.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Sheraton Silver Spring Hotel
Sheraton Silver Spring Hotel
#9 of 12 in Silver Spring
Hilton Garden Inn Silver Spring North

Been to Eden Park Guest House? Share your experiences!