“Worst Stay Ever”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Takoma Park
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Worst Stay Ever”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

This is the worst Inn that we have stayed in. The whole place was dirty from the parking area, stairs and the room. We did not avail of the food in the Inn for fear that the food preparation might also be unsanitary. We could not open our door using the key card twice! One of us had to go to the Front Desk for assistance to open the door to the room. The card keys were not functioning as expected.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I am a veteran and have a service dog. I was denied lodging because the receptionist made the judgement that my dog was a pet. Illegally, he demanded documentation for my dog. I refused because it has personal and confidential medical information.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank vet841

Travellers are raving about these Takoma Park hotels

Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

Don't know where to start! Firstly the room....

The toilet hadn't been flushed when I got to my room. God knows whether it was staff or a previous visitor.

The bath had hairs and things attached to the side and hadn't been cleaned since the last visitor.

The bed had cigarette burn holes in the cover.

The room smelt like someone had been smoking previously.

The staff member in the reception told me to go to a 7-eleven to find out how to get into the city centre!

Where you get breakfast included in the room price a bird was flying around on arrival! Also very dirty and dusty where the tables were.

Overall a very disgusting place to stay and thankfully I only stayed 3 nights then I could get back to normality

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Michael S
Reviewed 19 April 2013

Complete HELL HOLE. Dirty bathrooms. Dirty beds. Horrible customer service. They switched our room. Let a stranger in our room while we were gone. Cancelled our key. Refused to let us back in our room. Denied us access to our things! Complete chaos and confusion. Prostitutes welcomed us by asking us to help them fix their stripper pole. NOT. EVEN. LYING. I'm sure there are hundreds of hotels around here- save yourself the trouble.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Ngzz
philadelphia
Reviewed 26 May 2012 via mobile

Woah, where do I start? First and last time using Hotwire "secret value" hotel. For 80$ a night, they should have paid me to stay here! Told me I reserved a smoking room ( kids have asthma) and no other rooms were free. Cigarette burns on tub, toilet. Fresh gum stuck to carpet. Open hole in shower I could look through to neighbors shower! crawling with prostitutes and truckers, and someone tried to open our door 5 times in the night! Filthy carpets. Kids found someone else's open rotten cream cheese container under bed. Dared not sleep under comforter- it too had cigarette burns and appeared unwashed- i put it on the floor on top of the bubblegum to use as a rug. Even though tonight is prepaid, I'm cutting my loss and going to a Marriott across town 129$ night.

• Stayed May 2012
9 Thank jnmj
Hillsboro, Ohio
Reviewed 18 March 2012

I had made reservations 4 months plus ago to stay here for a half marathon. When my husband and I presented at the checkin window, no one was there and we waited for several minutes. I even called the hotel while standing there and got caught in the voicemail loop since no one would pickup. Finally, the clerk came to the desk and asked me if I wanted a room upgrade. I thought it was a suggestive sale comment so declined. She looked surprized that I did not accept her offer. I explained that I was tired and just wanted to checkin, not wanting to drive all over DC looking for another hotel. She then clarified that the upgrade was free and that the hotel (Quality Inn) was on the same property and shared the same parking lot. My husband had noticed that several of the EconoLodge rooms were opened with shabby furniture and ripped up carpet just outside them. (Bed bugs or just remodeling...not sure?) He quickly agreed to the upgrade so we ended up not staying there. Other issues with Quality Inn in Takoma Park but at least the bed and linens seemed clean and bug-free.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank HalfMarathonGirl
Seattle, Washington, United States
Reviewed 6 March 2012

I used Choice hotels online system to book what I thought was Econo Lodge Metro (Arlington), but accidentally hit the button for Econo Lodge Takoma Park. The mistake was only discovered when we turned up at the Econo Lodge Metro on the appointed evening. The Econo Lodge Metro was very kind and gave us a good rate. We called Takoma Park Econo Lodge immediately (7pm), the next morning, and 4 more times during the next week to explain the accidental booking and to ask for a refund. No-one we talked to was able or willing to help us. We were never able to talk to the general manager (either “not there” or “in a meeting”), and although we were told several times that that the general manager would call us back, he never did. Given that this booking was an accident, and Takoma Park was aware of this early in the evening, we hoped that they might refund our money, but clearly that is not their mode of operation.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
#2 of 12 in Silver Spring
Courtyard Silver Spring Downtown
Courtyard Silver Spring Downtown
#5 of 12 in Silver Spring

Been to Econo Lodge Takoma Park? Share your experiences!