“Service Poor, No Late Checkout...no matter what they say”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Takoma Park
Hillsboro, Ohio
“Service Poor, No Late Checkout...no matter what they say”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

I initially had reservations at the EconoLodge that shares the same property as this Quality Inn but was asked if I wanted an upgrade at another hotel while checking in. I thought it was a suggestive sales question so declined. The clerk looked surprized when I declined. I explained that I did not want to drive around DC anymore looking for the hotel. She explained that the hotel was on the same lot and that the price would be the same. My husband then immediately agreed to change sites as he had noticed that the EconoLodge rooms were open with old furniture and pulled up carpet just outside of several of the rooms. (bed bugs or just remodeling...not sure)
When we checked in to this hotel, I asked for a late checkout 1 hour later at 1pm. I offered to pay extra if needed but told that there would be no problem since I was a "Choice" member. The room was clean and the bathroom facilities, refrigerator and hair dryer worked well. There was enough parking and it was free. It was noisey all night with car alarms going off, slamming doors, and children playing loudly in the walkway in front of our room late into the night. I usually sleep well despite noise but not here...even with the room fan on to try to drown out the outside sounds. I left early in the morning to do a half marathon, leaving my husband to sleep late. I was to be back by 1230 to shower and change from my marathon gear in preparation for a late night flight back home. After my race and upon returning to my room, my husband had been kicked out of the room at 1200 after being disturbed 3 times since 1100 even with the "do not disturb" sign on the door. I found him sitting on the curb outside the hotel with our luggage in the hot sun waiting for me. I spoke to the clerk at the front desk about the late check out request being approved the day before and all he could say was that he had to have the rooms cleaned for patrons coming in that day and that he would leave a note for the evening manager. A lot of good that did for my full bladder and sweaty marathon body and clothes! So much for being a "Choice" member, let alone a paying customer. Good luck to anyone choicing this place to stay! They will not get my business again!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HalfMarathonGirl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2011

The rooms are a decent size and we couldnt fault the cleanliness. Service was a bit lacking though, nobody made much effort to speak to us and we felt awkward asking for anything as though it was a chore for them. We were only there one night and, after three long days running around new york and washington, wanted a bit of a lie in before we checked out. We ended up coming down for breakfast at about 10 to 9, understanding breakfast to finish at 9. What we didnt realise was that they would start taking the food away at 9, regardless of whether people were still waiting iin line to get some! There was also no milk for the cereal and no pancake mix, so the only choice was muffin. When people asked for food they were just told 'breakfast finishes at 9'. There was also not enough tables for people to sit down. So, as long as you arent expecting too much from breakfast, this hotel is a good budget option!

• Stayed July 2011
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2011

The only good thing about this place was the $100 price. The rooms were bad place was tiny. By far worst Quality Inn I've ever stayed at and I usually LOVE Quality Inn. But the worst was the service! The Guy was a freaking idiot. Our room key didn't work, and I had to wait until the next Guy started his shift at midnight to get a rollaway because he couldn't find the key to the housekeeping room! AVOID IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT

• Stayed June 2011

Travellers are raving about these Takoma Park hotels

Zurich, Switzerland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2011

Horrible and disgusting! Dirty.
Better sleep on a bench at a park than there! The staff could murder you!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2011

I normally travel to the DC area to visit my parents in silver spring MD, and always stay at the quality because it is 10 minutes away, serve a great breafast and the staff are always willing to help.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Lexington, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2011

My husband and I visited the Washington DC area every summer and decided to stay the Quality Inn hotel because of the price and close location to DC. We were pleasently surprise to find a clean room with everything working and great breakfast. The staff were friendly and very helpful with direction and advise us to take the train instead for driving into the city, that save us a lot time and money.I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rondace_11
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2010

From the reviews I had read, I was expecting the worst.. Our plan was to check it out and if we did not like it we would move to another hotel the following night... We were pleasantly surprised with the room.. Very Clean, bed was very comfortable. Fridge, microwave and coffee machine made it even that more enjoyable..

Breakfast was excellant !!... EXCELLANT VALUE FOR YOUR MONEY... It is not the Hilton but it is well worth the money...

Edward Augusto... Toronto Ontario, Canada

Courtyard Silver Spring Downtown
Courtyard Silver Spring Downtown
#6 of 12 in Silver Spring
BEST WESTERN PLUS College Park Hotel

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!