“BLECH!”
Review of An Poitin Stil

An Poitin Stil
Reserve with OpenTable
An Poitin Stil is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 42 Restaurants in Timonium
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I went here for a dinner meeting about a couple of weeks ago. The service was good, the food HORRIBLE and overpriced!!! The waiter brought out brown bread, which is always a favorite of mine, but this stuff was chewy and very sweet. It was also served with honey butter, again very sweet. The cream of crab might have had some crab shreds in it, but it tasted more like very thick chicken cream soup and it was bland. However, I did find some pieces of shell in mine. I decided to order the Irish stew which comes in a bread bowl. The bread was OK, but the stew was a white, floury paste with a hint of meat and some orange bits that I think was supposed to be carrot. I decided at that point I was not hungry anymore and had the waiter remove it. I decided to get some coffee. The waiter brought us each a cup and then we paid our bill. As we were still talking I was waiting for him to come back for at least a refill, but we never saw him again. Others at our table did eat their dinners, but most of us agreed we would not waste our time and money at this place in the future. I am not sure what others see in this place other than the drinks. The bar was busy, but the dining room was not. Not surprised.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

I travel to Hunt Valley on a regular basis and the Stil is always a nice place to get a good meal and drink. Hice place to visit friends and just relax. Food is fresh and they are always very accommodating with special requests like preparing the Irish Stew in the Shepards Pie style with potatoes on top. The atmosphere is always friendly and inviting and when it is cold and rainy, there is nothing better than getting a table near one of the fireplaces.

1  Thank BaronVonL
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Went to the still with my kids for dinner in the early 20's. It's a large bar area and restaurant. The seating is interesting, some are seated in tables in nooks or in turrets several steps up. We ordered side salads, they were fresh and good but small, nothing special. I ordered the potato crusted gouper which was good, a bit greasy, but good. The accompanying broccoli was not cooked enough, very tough, the asparagus was good. My husband got a veggie flatbread which was a good size but had not nearly enough cheese. There was about a quarter sized blob of cheese on each square of the flatbread, it should have been covered! My son got the shephard's pie which was also small and too soupy, flavor was good. My daughter's portobello burger was good and cheesy.
Probably a good place for younger people to go for the bar and music maybe a burger, not great for dinner.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

Really enjoyed the atmosphere and the food was excellent. The crab cakes were delicious. Local artist on the stage singing and playing guitar.

1  Thank mrobbins
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I try to get to the still when I am in town. When I lived in Baltimore I went more often. I will make the two and half hour drive each way when some friends stop in the will appreciate the food and atmosphere. I have never had anything on the menu that wasn't excellent. On night when they have acoustic irish music the whole pub is singing. While I have never been to Ireland, I have to believe the experience is close or so say my Irish friends. I will tell you the Stout Brie is a taste of heaven. The prices are fair and all the good beer is on tap I usually have a Black and Tan and they are always perfect. They also have one of the best Guinness Stout pours I have had. If your in the Baltimore Area look them up on the internet for music listing and directions. then go there. If you are looking for a quiet romantic evening this is not the place, but if you want to sing laugh and make new friends this is the place.

1  Thank ccpilot

Been to An Poitin Stil? Share your experiences!