“Good Find!”
Review of An Poitin Stil

An Poitin Stil
Reserve with OpenTable
An Poitin Stil is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 42 Restaurants in Timonium
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Our friends selected this restaurant for for our Friday night dinner while we were staying in the area for the weekend. We arrived at 6:30...............and the place was popping! The restaurant was definitely much louder that we prefer so we were very happy when we were seated in one of the small side rooms. It was great! We could see the action with the bar scene, but the noise level in the room was much more conducive for tableside conversation.

Two members of our group ordered the Shepherd's Pie and raved about its wonderful taste. Another person had the Duck Sliders..........was a bit disappointed, as he was expecting pieces of duck instead of ground duck. The sliders weren't bad............just not what he thought that he would be getting! I enjoyed my single Crab Cake..............one of the best ones that I have had for a long time.

Our server was terrific............friendly and very attentive.......a tough thing to do, considering all the tables that he was serving.

Would we return? Absolutely! Good food, great service, and lively patrons........who could ask for more?

There are newer reviews for An Poitin Stil

Reviewed 11 April 2014

So disappointed.... When I saw "Rueben" on the menu, my eyes went no further. Waiter said meat was slow cooked overnight.... More like OVERcooked. Had no taste & was mushy. When waiter first brought out, I immediately thought " child's menu meal". Was hoping for the usual "big" sandwich so I could take the other half to work the next day for lunch. Could not believe the little amount of meat on the sandwich too. Homemade chips were served ( fries cost extra). I had maybe 8-9 chips. The waiter just stared at me when I blurted out "is this it"? What could he say (he said nothing). Atmosphere is nice. Would probably have drinks there, but not food!

Reviewed 25 March 2014

We stopped for dinner on a Saturday evening and the atmosphere was energetic and happening. We enjoyed our food and the service was average. The oyster shooters was a good start to the evening. Would definitely go again but not the place to go if you want a quiet dinner.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

While visiting our daughter in Maryland, she was so... EXCITED to take us here!! GREAT food-GREAT atmosphere! The restaurant holds a wonderful 8 day celebration March 10-17 for St. Patrick's Day!!! A must GO!!!Terrific beer selection

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Our family has often met here for Sunday Brunch, as a half way point between PA and Maryland's Eastern Shore. It's not fancy, but very much like the Irish pub it represents. Some of us are on a gluten-free diet and they have a special menu for that, while the rest enjoy the many fresh offerings on the buffet. We've done the make-your-own Bloody Mary's and the bottom-less Mimosas, both at a very reasonable price. Off all the meals we've had, the only complaint was that the gluten-free roll was honestly the worst ever, as it was obviously microwaved to within an inch of being rubber. We do appreciate the effort, but would suggest thawing one or two rolls each day and then heating them for a few minutes in a regular oven. Our service has always been friendly and accommodating especially with the dietary restrictions. The only other suggestion would be to have someone take a dust cloth to the windows. While it kind of adds to the old world atmosphere, no one likes to see cobwebs while they are eating and I'm almost positive there's either a very determined spider or it's been the same ones for awhile now. That being said, we will continue to make this our meeting spot, for good food & beverages and friendly service at a reasonable price.