“SHAME ON YOU!! - [A 5 STAR FAILURE!!!]”

Il Basilico Trattoria Italiana
Ranked #7 of 46 Restaurants in Timonium
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Authentic Italian
Reviewed 27 January 2017

We love the Feast of The Seven Fishes, which we have gotten here during restaurant week as well as at other times during the year. We look on line at the menu and it IS listed as one of their 2017 Restaurant Week selection for the entire length of the event. Since we live an appreciable distance away and traffic is VERY congested in that area at dinner time, JUST TO DOUBLE CHECK, we CALL the morning of January 26th and the female on the phone confirms that the Feast of The Seven Fishes is indeed available today as a 2017 Restaurant Week item. So at dinner time we drive 45 minutes from our home near the Mason-Dixon Line to enjoy our meal. Upon arriving and being seated, we see that the Feast of The Seven Fishes is NOT listed on the 2017 Restaurant Week printed menus given to us! The waiter checks, comes back to the table and says it is NOT available. I ask to see the manager. The manager informs me they had decided not to serve it THIS YEAR for the 2017 Restaurant week!!! I inquire why it has been on their website menu as being served staring January 20th and continuing for the entire event.He feigns not being able to find it on his phone but does locate it when I start to pick up my phone, Then he leaves the table pretending to investigate who told us that morning that it was indeed being served that night. 15 minutes later he has not returned to the table, and most in the kitchen can be seen alternating palms up gestures like they're testing to see if it's raining, as in "what are we supposed to do"? Seeing that the manager was simply going to hide in the kitchen until I left, that's exactly what I did. I am certain given the popularity of this dish and this being Day 6 from when this it was shown on the internet to start being offered ON JANUARY 20TH, that I was by FAR not the first customer to request it. So from the act of LEAVING IT POSTED ON THE INTERNET as available, to confirming availability by telephone to their duck and run behavior after being questioned about it, one can only do the math and determine this to be totally deliberate! Apparently deceiving customers, avoiding responsibilty for such, and attempting repariation when caught are all non-issues to this establishment.OBVIOUSLY, WE WILL NOT BE BACK!!!

1  Thank RobertM662
Clara C, Owner at Il Basilico Trattoria Italiana, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Hello Robert, I greatly appreciate your feedback, as it's the best way we can improve. It's long time since you had such a bad experience here. I was away for long time due to Healthy problems. I went back to Italy and the restaurant was left in bad hands. It sounds like they dropped the ball. Your descriptionabsolutely does not reflect the high standards we hold ourselves to, so I would like to invite you back on the house in the hopes that you'll give us another try. If you could please be so kind as to send me your address and phone number, I'd like to send you a certificate for complimentary dinner and I'll follow up with you personally. I take pride in our food and service and value the reviews I receive. I hope that you will decide to give me another try to make things right. If and when you do come back to see me, I would greatly appreciate if if you would take the time to share feedback based on your next visit. Good or bad, it's always nice to hear form my guests, and feedback is imperative for my growth and training. I value your patronage and hope to win you back as a happy customer. Thanks again! Anna

Reviewed 15 January 2017

My wife went a week ago with a friend and enjoyed sandwiches. We went for dinner and it was a mistake. Nice looking place, warm and friendly. We ordered pasta dishes, nothing complicated and the place was less than a third full. After a very long wait, my dinner arrived, with apologies that hers was coming. I was long finished before her food arrived. The chicken in her pasta dish was pale white and tasted boiled. Utterly no flavor. Spend dining dollars wisely!

Reviewed 2 December 2016

Tucked into the Shop Rite shopping center behind Smyth's Jewelry and right next door to the Sport Clips you'll find a great little restaurant with a big name...Il Basilico Trattoria Italiana! You'll love it.

Great food, fair prices, great pizza and desserts. Friendly owner and staff. I personally frequent this place frequently! Try it, you'll like it. Lunch and dinner only, no breakfast. Very clean including the rest rooms. Handicap accessible.

Reviewed 25 August 2016

The food is always fresh, hot and delicious. Authentic Italian cuisine at it's BEST!!! We eat here as a couple, with family and we bring our friends here. Perfect place to gather with friends and family. The owner takes an interest in all her customers and makes sure everyone is satisfied with their food. We LOVE this place!!!!

Reviewed 22 August 2016

Wonderful authentic Neapolitan Italian food Bread to die for Try the Sal's Tsunami, a combination shrimp, calamari, mussels and oysters and gnocchi