“Great front desk, BUT”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Timonium
Florida
“Great front desk, BUT”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Great front desk, BUT room was ordinary complete with broken coffee pot - was not replaced. Room was clean and HOT but missed the normal flag ship condiments. Breakfast was less than ordinary, which was eventually comped by desk staff, but not fixed by the food prep staff

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bthomaspe
David M, General Manager at Radisson Hotel North Baltimore, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
I was very concerned to learn of the issues you encountered as a guest of our hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies. Thank you for also letting us know the front desk was great.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a lacrosse tournament that was nearby. The room that we stayed in was renovated and quite nice. However, the huge lobby/atrium area was very dirty and smelled like mildew/mold. I don't know if it flooded when Superstorm Sandy came through and they didn't replace the carpeting or what...but the smell of mildew was extremely strong. The lobby was also full of furniture that was very worn and broken. There were legs missing from couches leaving them in a tilted position. The entire lobby was just a hot mess!
Hallways were dark and outdated. The hotel advertises some kind of coffee bar, in the lobby, that sells coffee, but when I asked the front desk, they just said that it was in the restaurant. I went to the restaurant but couldn't find any employees, so I just left and went to Starbucks down the street.
We didn't eat at the restaurant but I did have drinks at the bar area that weren't very good. I also ordered two virgin strawberry dacquiris for my daughters for which they charged $8.50 a piece. My margarita was only $7.00! When I asked the bartender why a drink with no alcohol, in a KID'S cup was $8.50, he told me, "That's just how much it is." I then asked to see a manager who took one of the drinks off of the bill. We were there for 4 days and did not book through a discount site due to the lacrosse tournament. It was not a good experience, was definitely not worth what we paid & I will definitely choose a different hotel next year.

Room Tip: If you HAVE to stay there for some reason, ask for a newly renovated room only.
2 Thank daisylilly
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel North Baltimore, responded to this review, 17 August 2013
Dear daisylilly,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. I’m very disappointed to hear about your restaurant experience and the hotel conditions that did not meet your expectations. Rest assured that the issues you have raised has been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. Thank you for staying and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Timonium hotels

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We stayed here while there was a lacrosse tournament in the area and many many kids and parents were using the common areas. They weren't too noisy, but a shuttle that was supposed to pick us up from an off-site venue failed to come as promised and left us stranded at midnight. If the location is convenient for you, the lodging is adequate but I wouldn't make a point of staying here.

1 Thank Lee G
David M, General Manager at Radisson Hotel North Baltimore, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
It is true that our complimentary shuttle would not be available at midnight, and I am sorry that this information was not properly communicated to you. I am sorry for the confusion, and thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you.
Virginia
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Our king room was large and clean, BUT: it was 94 degrees in there when we checked in at 9 PM...why they couldn't have turned on the AC is not understandable. I asked for a different type of pillow but was told there were no other types in the hotel, yet the next morning the Manager told me otherwise. The front desk folks gave off the impression that they just didn't give a hoot about their customers. At 7 AM there was no hot water for at least 10 minutes of running the tap. The buffet breakfast was disgusting: bacon swimming in grease, congealed gravy for the biscuits, cold hard scrambled eggs that had sat in the dish for a very long time, decaf coffee needed a special order, dirty silverware, it took 15 minutes to cook two eggs over-easy even though the place was almost empty, our 20-something young waiter who kept calling my 62 year old wife as "sweetie" and "honey". So in summary, this hotel really suffers from a lack of leadership and staff training. In their defense, the manager refunded the price of breakfast and half the room charge but I would have preferred to pay the full prixce and have a more pleasant experience at full price. There are lots of other choices nearby.

Room Tip: If you have to stay there, ask for a room away from the side facing the freeway.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ThadZer
David M, General Manager at Radisson Hotel North Baltimore, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Your comments regarding the service you received at our hotel are very disturbing to us as they certainly do not reflect the quality experience we strive for. I can assure you that we will take immediate steps to ensure other guests do not suffer the issues you experienced. Thank you.
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Hotel was nice, staff was friendly, maybe a bit confused, when I checked in they gave me a key card packet with the wrong room number, fortunately that room belonged to my Aunt. I went back and they gave me the correct room number. The hotel was full and very busy due to a lacross tournament in the area so I expected a bit of confusion.
The room was very clean and the decor very nice. The bedding was snow white and the sheets were clean and not wrinkled. I felt safe sleeping in the bed eventhough it was a bit soft and had a dent in the middle as if two people had been sleeping on it and never turned the matress. I expect more from a Crown Plaza matress.
Room service was good, we ordered breakfast which arrived in 30 minutes as stated by the order taker. They forgot one item but quickly brought it up after we called down. The event staff was excellent, they came by several times to make sure we had everything we needed.
We were there for a family reunion and received a group rate so I felt I got my money's worth. I'm sure if our family is back in the area again we will choose this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a renovated room or you'll be sorry.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Thanks for letting us know about your stay. We hope to see you, and your family again soon.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 22 July 2013 via mobile

Although many have complained I found the hotel to be just fine. Clean room. Front desk was slightly understaffed. Only critique is that the airconditioning was not on in the hallways and it was warm. Overall I thought it was nice and I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
David M, General Manager at Radisson Hotel North Baltimore, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
It would be our pleasure to welcome you back! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and your kind review.
Sartell, Minnesota
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I felt the room was spacious and relatively clean and comfortable. The lack of decent air-conditioning through the rest of the build was so very bad. The elevator was like a sauna. The breakfasts were not that great. Most of the time the restaurant was late, opening for breakfast. Also it took forever to get your food. Halfway through my stay they went to a buffet style breakfast and that helped a lot. However one time they opened it a half an hour late. The bar was late opening also. I thought the bed and pillows were very comfy. Plenty of hot water for showers. A couple of the bartenders were great, Jessica and Yonni (Spelling?) took time to provide great service. Check out the Holiday Inn first.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
David M, General Manager at Radisson Hotel North Baltimore, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Please accept my apologies for the problems you encountered in our restaurant. I was glad to see you enjoyed our rooms and staff. As you described, I believe the recent upgrades to our breakfast buffet will be a great improvement to our restaurant. We hope to serve you again in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Timonium
Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore North / Timonium
Holiday Inn Timonium
Holiday Inn Timonium
#2 of 3 in Timonium
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore North - Timonium
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore North -...
#2 of 2 in Lutherville Timonium
Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel
Best Western Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites
Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Timonium
Extended Stay America - Baltimor...
#1 of 2 in Lutherville Timonium

Been to Radisson Hotel North Baltimore? Share your experiences!