“North Baltimore Plaza Hotel Review”

Radisson Hotel North Baltimore
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Timonium
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My room did not deliver amenities as promised--no fridge, no microwave. The room overlooked the busy lobby, so I had to keep my drapes closed all the time. Breakfast was mediocre. Scrambled eggs were flavorless and the toast was soggy. Room was mostly clean.

Room Tip: Request a room with a view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Carolyn R

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I came to this hotel for the holiday with my family. The rooms were nicely remodeled, however the hotel seemed to need much needed maintenance and over all TLC. The front desk staff seemed confused about why they were there. We used the pool which was in a nice area. The room was very nice with the exception of the bathroom, which had mold. In my first room the tub did not drain and it did not have any hot water, which was disappointing. When i called for assistance the maintenance woman came and told me how to fix it myself, which was questionable. I did get a chance to run into the manager who expediently fixed the problem. He was very efficient and effective. The manager quickly moved us to a different room with hot water. Unfortunately, being in the Electric and Plumbing business I think they may have a clog in their main drain due to the fact that the showers do not drain properly which may be the cause of the constant mold. My girl had a blast in the room, the beds seemed comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

The room itself was very nice. The problem was the loud housekeeping which started at 8am on Sunday ramming the cart into walls and banging on doors. The night front desk person also refused to pop the popcorn from their vending machine as there were no microwaves in the room, and she spoke to me in a somewhat rude manner. This hotel could be great if the staff just changed their attitude a bit.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Leigh O
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel several months ago and thought it was sad to see it going downhill. However, I accidently booked it yesterday and was pleasantly surprised when I arrived. New carpet in the lobby, the young man who checked me in was very nice as was the restaurant staff. My room was VERY nice, much nicer than most of the other places I stay while in Baltimore. It isn’t brand new, but it was clean, (especially the bathroom) and nicely appointed. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 June 2014

If it's cleanliness, service and a well- managed hotel you seek look elsewhere. Stains on the carpet. Our bed sheets were torn and had permanent stains on them. No batteries in our TV remote control. Bulbs out in the bathroom vanity. Shower curtain with mildew on the bottom. Ew! Cleaning staff is sloppy and take forever to clean the room. Staff with no/poor people skills. Kids running up and down hallways hollering and carrying on and no one pays attention. But you can't blame any of these folks as issues like this are always the responsibility of management. Here, non exists.
Def for the budget- minded traveler with no or low expectations. Never again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank neuronell
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Was there recently for a business meeting and I have to say it is absolutely the WORST hotel I've ever been at for any type meeting. The staff is totally incompetent, front desk gives wrong info to maintenance, maintenance can't fix my sink drain. It took 4 days and they still didn't have it fixed. When I was at the on-site restaurant for the breakfast buffet, the waiter was virtually non-existant, so I asked the manager of the restaurant if he could please get me a glass of water and the response was "You expect ME to get you a glass of water?". Then we had a dinner catered by the hotel and the 4 serving females were very rude, basically threw the plates of terrible food in front of you. I cannot eat chocolate, so when they served me a giant piece of chocolate cake for dessert (we had no choice), I said may I please get something other than chocolate cake because I cannot eat chocolate, the response was "That is what your group paid for, I did serve a bowl of fruit to 2 other people, I'll see if I can scrounge up another bowl of fruit". She never came back, never brought me anything else. I saw her go to one of the other female servers and they both just laughed and shrugged their shoulders and went about their business. Then try to find this place at night--they have plastic signs pulled over the old hotel's name (Crowne Plaza), no lights, and it isn't easy to find. Took several trips up the street late at night to find it. Front desk strikes again-they had my reservation, had my first name incorrect totally with a first name that started with the same first letter, but that is as close as they got, they had no address for me. I gave them all this info over the phone when I made the reservation, which took 3 phone calls to accomplish because of ineptitude. Also, the person who checked me in took my address info again because they didn't have it (after I gave it to them on the phone), and guess what--ineptitude strikes again--when I got my bill, no name correction and no address. Where do they get their help? Photo show a supposed renovated room, but if this room was renovated, I hate to see what the other rooms looked like. No one from my group of ~100 people ate at the restaurant after 1 experience, they all said it was terrible and the service was even worse. And the prices were also slightly outrageous. Please don't ever stay here, sleep in your car and talk to your back seat cup holder, you'll get better responses. I can see why Crowne Plaza dropped this place, it is in terrible shape also.

Room Tip: You want a tip--do not stay here!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ynp-CV
David M, General Manager at Radisson Hotel North Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Service is our business and there is no room on our staff for anyone who is rude to guests. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced while a guest at our hotel. Your experience is contrary to the high level of service we strive to maintain, and of which you have every right to expect. The picture you posted most certainly does show one of our newly renovated rooms. I believe these rooms do reflect the comfort a quality that we strive for. Thank You.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I stayed at the NBP for 2 nights along with several family members who were in the area for a wedding.

First the good:

The hotel room was a good size, modern and updated. I found the staff to be friendly. Lastly, even though I was on a fereeway side room, they must have soundproofed the walls and windows, because I barely noticed any traffic noise.

Now The bad:
Arrived to check in at 4pm on a weekend afternoon and my room was not ready. Have never come to a hotel so late and had to wait for a room to be prepared. And it did not seem like the property was that busy.

Wi Fi in my room did not work. Hanging out with family in a room facing the lobby, their Wi-fi was painfully slow.

The bathroom in my room appeared to be recently redone, except for the shower area which had a considerable amount of mold in several places..

Alarm clock did not work and the clock itself was 1 hour off.

Food at the property was poor.

Several family members had less favorable encounters with the staff, which they felt were "surly".

Rooms in our wing either face the freeway with "light" noise or the enclosed lobby so they got no natural light. The halls and lobby are all dimly lit.

There was only one very slow elevator for our entire wing of the hotel.

All and all the property jusy continued to disappoint repeatedly during the entire stay. I am pretty easy to please but this hotel just never seemed to make an effort to do so, or even deliver on some pretty basic parts of a hotel experience..

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
David M, General Manager at Radisson Hotel North Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Please allow me this opportunity to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay at our hotel. I was happy to see you found our rooms to be a good size, modern and updated with friendly staff. I also appreciate you showing us the other areas we can improve. Your candid feedback is of tremendous assistance as we strive to make improvements. I sincerely hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the North Baltimore Plaza Hotel, and provide you the level of service you expect and deserve from our hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Timonium
Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore North / Timonium
Holiday Inn Timonium
Holiday Inn Timonium
#2 of 3 in Timonium
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore North - Timonium
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore North -...
#2 of 2 in Lutherville Timonium
Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel
Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Timonium
Extended Stay America - Baltimor...
#1 of 2 in Lutherville Timonium
4 mi away
Best Western Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites

Been to Radisson Hotel North Baltimore? Share your experiences!