Red Lion Hotel North Baltimore
US$99
QualityInn
US$105
BestWestern.com
All reviewsnorthern lightsbusiness centerfitness centershort drivebaltimorefairgrounds
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Rooms were in very good shape, was a good deal for the price. The hotel as a whole is pretty run down, the lobby is pretty dark, and empty with a dirty carpet. The staff is very nice, but the place seems understaffed. The location is very convenient, right off the exit off I-83.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from elevator, can get noisy.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Came here to attend conference. Not all rooms have internet access. Had to change rooms. Breakfast consisted of Danish and coffee only. Lunch consisted of soggy lettuce subs. Didn't have enough tables, chairs for everyone and without seating had to beg to be served with much resistance. No shampoo, conditioner, or coffee in room. Front desk claimed they "ran out". No recommendation here.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Kristine E
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

After reading all the reviews, I was a bit scared to check into the hotel. But I had no choice but to book because other hotels were sold out for those days or too expensive. Upon walking in, it didn't look as bad as people on the reviews were describing it to look. It looks nice. I checked into my room and it was clean. Very clean. It was spacious as well. I had a king size bed. I needed a fridge and the front desk accommodated me with one when I asked. The only problem I had with my guest room is the toilet handle seemed to be broken/loose.
I also kept a "do not disturb" sign on my door and no one bothered me at all. I also found it cute that when I requested service and left, they made the bed with my own blanket and my huge pillow that I brought with me.
Also, on the website the pool looks so big compared to the one they actually have. But I did still use it and relaxed by the pool and the pool/area was very clean as well.
I ate at their restaurant, and the staff at the bar was awesome too! The only problem is they close the restaurant down if they are not busy that day. But there are places to go that are 3 min drive from the hotel to eat if that happens, Starbucks, dunkin donuts, supermarkets, subways, chipotle and an amazing Italian restaurant that I went to the first night, "Basta pasta" yum!

Overall, I enjoyed my stay! Thank you! :)

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank 09_KrisK
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I booked this hotel on Priceline using the "name your price" function. Historically when I've done this or this area, I've been very pleased with the hotels that accepted my offer (downtown Towson locations, known names). While the Plaza served my purpose (in town for Goucher graduation), I wouldn't seek it out, unlike the others.

The hotel is rebranding from a Crown Plaza, and all the lighted signage is covered. I wouldn't have found it without GPS. I checked in late (9:30pm), and the staff member was perfunctory at best. But I got to my room.

Rooms have been updated, but a few details give it away as an older hotel. The rooms aren't large enough for all the furniture they put into it, so there was some scooting through the space between the desk and bed. The bathroom looks nice, but the tub and toilet have not been replaced, and in this room the tub faucet constantly dripped. In fact, when i arried, the bath mat that had been draped over te side of the tub was pretty wet from the splashes. When on full blast, the water skewed out of the tub a bit, which made for a messy floor.

As others have noted, the elevators are older and loud, and the lobby carpet is frayed in high traffic areas. They know their clientele is likely made of business or convention travelers who won't be making a usual trip of the area, and seem to be okay with that.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The smell is what hits you as soon as you walk in. Very old and dirty as well. The toilet would continue to get stopped up. Seems like it was built in the 70's and never updated since. Would not stay here again. Cost was also too much for what you got.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family