“Top-notch staff!”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Timonium
Baltimore
“Top-notch staff!”
Reviewed 17 February 2010

My wife and I attended a convention at this hotel, and while our time was spent with events and activities it was the accomodating staff that really captured our attention. When a last-minute bizarre request was made for one event, the kitchen staff leaped in and held a contest among themselves to see who could produce the best result. When the rstaurant manager found out that many of the convention attendees were amused by his similar appearance to a television celebrity, he tried to find an outfit that would emphasize that similarity. When we arrived late to the restaurant, our waiter made sure we could get plates for the buffet even though it was starting to be packed away, and offered to reheat or exchange anything that we might not have enjoyed. (The food was still great and we turned down his offer to bring us a dessert from the kiychen.) The beds in the room are great, with enough pillow choices for every preference, and we found the maid service to be unobtrusive and efficient. A great place to enjoy a stay.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank renfield1969

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Florida
Reviewed 27 October 2009

We booked this hotel because a wedding reception was being held there. We stayed for three nights and was very pleased with our entire stay. The room was quite adequate for three adults (we had two queen sized beds). I am very sensitive to odors and I detected none during our stay. The bathroom was very spacious. The beds and linens were extremely comfortable and allowed for good sleep. My husband mentioned that the pillows were a little too plump for his liking, but that is just a personal preference. The service at the front desk was very helpful as I was looking for a suggestion for dinner---the next thing I knew I was given a printout with about 25 restaurants listed and directions to each one. Same thing when I asked where I could purchase a shirt for my husband---I was given a map with all kinds of stores listed in the area. The wedding reception and breakfast buffet served the next morning were very nice as well with fantastic food, drink and service. Incidently, the restaurant, Northern Lights on the first floor, serves the most scrumptious crab cake sandwich!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank hootie821
North Bennington, Vermont
Reviewed 8 October 2009

I had to stay at this hotel approximately 8 times over the last year and each time was for 5 days at a time. The staff seemed to genuinely show that they liked their job. Every time that I visited the entire staff (even housekeeping) was very polite and happy. I miss going to this hotel as they have the most comfortable beds/bedding that I have ever used. Going on a trip for a week at a time they really try to make you feel at home while staying at this hotel. I had the chance to meet the owner and also told him about the quality of his staff at the hotel.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank jcrawford27
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 11 August 2009

We were there August 2-8th, booked on Priceline for $40 a night--keep in mind that as I write this review my entire hotel stay was $280 for six nights, so I may have let some things slide that if I were paying published rate I would not have.

Right after booking, I called the hotel to ask for a non-smoking room, since Priceline automatically gives you ROH or "run of the house", meaning any room they have available, and that would mean smoking if the hotel was largely booked. When I called they stated that they had "a lot of availability on Sunday, 8/2 so the non smoking request shouldn't be a problem". They were right, we felt like there were 10 rooms booked that night, and it was so slow, the restaurant was closing early.

This is mostly a business traveler hotel, that means it's relatively empty on Sunday and Monday nights, picks up Tues-Thurs. On weekends they tend to have groups (there was a large family reunion there as we were checking out). But none of this really affected our stay, other than it's a very quiet hotel. The restaurant was spotty, they advertised breakfast and lunch there with signage in the elevators, but they were never open for breakfast and lunch. This didn't bother us too much because there were so many restaurants in the general area--we just thought it was funny to have the signage up and have the restaurant closed. Again, this is probably because of the clientele and hotel traffic.

This hotel is right off of I-83. I can imagine that the road noise would be a problem if we were staying on that side of the hotel, but we were staying in the front and heard nothing. You could probably call and request a room on the "front" of the hotel and you would be fine. As a matter of fact, our room was directly across from the elevator, and I was concerned when we checked in and got up there, but we heard nothing.

The only time we heard the road noise is when we were by the pool, which was very clean, and empty. There was a very bored looking lifeguard there. Poor guy. But my neices who live in PA and came to visit us loved it.

The lobby had a bit of a musty smell, but appeared clean. The rooms were satisfactory, we had some wallpaper peeling off a little in a couple areas and a stain on the carpet where it looked like someone dropped something, and that is what I would normally not be too happy with, but it wasn't like it looked like the room was a fleabag hotel or anything. Overall the linens and bathrooms were clean. The housekeeping staff kept us stocked with clean towels and shampoo, soap, and conditioner. On days where we were out of the room late, they came back by in the afternoon to clean the room.

Hotel staff was friendly, we needed a list of restaurants in the area, and the front desk was happy to provide (there were many). This location is very convenient to the light rail system which would take you to downtown Baltimore and also even the airport. There is a large shopping center with many restaurants such as California Pizza Kitchen and a movie theatre. There is also a Walmart Supercenter and a Target there, as well as Giant and Mars supermarkets.

The room included free wifi, the signal strength varied, but I was always able to get online. For $15 for the length of your stay, you can "rent" a fridge and a microwave (the fee is $15 each, you can get either or both). We didn't get this, I think it's a little odd it doesn't come standard in the room, but for $40/night I'm not complaining. Someone next to us did get them, and the fridge looked a little raggety. I guess as long as it works, right?

Overall, I would recommend this hotel, if you are coming to town for a Ravens or Orioles game, the light rail will take you right there, and there is also a shuttle nearby (not affiliated with the hotel). This hotel is also close to the race track and the state fairgrounds. Very convenient location. Try priceline--we've had great luck with them!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tarainga
Washington, DC
Reviewed 28 July 2009

We stayed over one night because of an exam my husband had the next day. The hotel was clean enough but is not very well maintained. Its located very close to the highway and we spent most of the night awake because of the noise from the road.
The next day I ordered room service and the boy who brought in the food couldnt have been more that 18 years old. He walked in like someone had just woken him up. I called the manager and told him about our rough night and the 'odd' room boy and he waived the $9.00 charge for the food.
overall, not really worth the price we paid for it. but I'm not sure if they have anything better in Timonium.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
NJ
Reviewed 7 July 2009

The staff was friendly and location is not bad but the hotel has seen better days. Can still tell this used to be an older Holiday Inn. Main complaint was the entire hotel smelled musty. Was originally given a non-smoking room which smelled like smoke.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
Hagerstown, Maryland
Reviewed 22 April 2009

My wife and I stayed here for a night after I had surgery at GBMC. They have special rates for staff and patients of GBMC.

The hotel is very clean and the staff is friendly. There are many options nearby for eating and shopping. The onsite restaurant is good, get ther ribs for dinner.

I also recommend getting a room in the Quiet Zone. I needed to get some rest after my surgery and I got it. The floor was quiet and the bed very comfortable. We got the late check out and no one bothered us.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank agrant45
Also consider these accommodations in or near Timonium
Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore North / Timonium
Holiday Inn Timonium
Holiday Inn Timonium
#2 of 3 in Timonium
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore North - Timonium
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore North -...
#2 of 2 in Lutherville Timonium
Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel
Best Western Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites
Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Timonium
Extended Stay America - Baltimor...
#1 of 2 in Lutherville Timonium

Been to Radisson Hotel North Baltimore? Share your experiences!