“Great accommodations and excellent service!”

Radisson Hotel North Baltimore
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Timonium
Reviewed 10 June 2010

My husband and I booked a room block at the Crowne Plaza last year for our wedding. From the moment we entered the hotel the night of the rehearsal to the day after our wedding we had nothing but positive experiences at the Crowne Plaza. We had about 60 rooms of guests at the hotel and everyone we spoke with raved about their stay at the hotel. We loved the large lobby with couches where our guests could mingle and catch up with each other throughout the weekend. Everything ran smoothly the entire weekend and made for an extremely calm bride and groom. All of the hotel staff went out of their way to make us and all of our guests as comfortable as possible. After the reception, we had one more shuttle that we had arranged through an outside company coming to pick up our remaining guests and it didn't seem like that would be adequate. I called the front desk and they sent over the hotel shuttle to assist with transporting the remaining guests back to the hotel! We also had a brunch at the Crowne Plaza the next day and all the food was excellent! I would highly recommend the Crowne Plaza to anyone looking for a hotel in the area.

• Stayed: May 2009
3  Thank jackatoo

Reviewed 8 June 2010

My wife and stayed at the Crowne Plaza on our wedding night, Friday, and the night after. She stayed the night before, and we had also booked about 40 rooms (we were the good wedding party). The staff were wonderful with us, helped us with disabld family members, moved rooms as requested, and catered to make our evening with friends special. Room was gorgeous (though overlooking central hall area and bar - get to that in a minute), bed was super comfortable, and everything was fresh and clean. The only thing lacking was quality if the food, maybe skip that part.

On our wedding night, we had about a dozen people come hang out at the bar, and as we were a small, well behaved, more mature group, the bar staff remained open for us until after 1 AM. Wine and chocolates were sent to the room for us, and it was a quiet and relazxing night, much needed after all the work and planning for the wedding.

We also stayed again Saturday night, and met some friends at the bar when 40-50 people from a wedding party came through the door. Obviously weddings are a time of celebration, but some of these people were lit when they came in. Very loud, vulgar, rude. They then proceeded to hand out cans of Bud Light and then come sit and crowd the bar around us. They were not kicked out, just told to remove the outside alcohol from THEIR bar. The prissy princess bride began using profanity with the staff over their decision to stick with their contract of closing at midnight - not a good look for a bride and if I was the groom would be so embarassed.

We were uncomfortable with the scene, and at one point, a drunk girl stood up on the barstool next to us and announced she was Spartacus! (That would be the reveiwer spartacus I imagine). She was told told to get down or the police would be called, then she became vulgar! This continued after we got into our room upstairs, we could still hear all the partying after midnight in the lobby! Have some class people, follow the rules.

For us, Crowne Plaza was the best place to stay, relatively quiet and great service. To the snobby bride and kids with her wedding party, thanks for the entertainment! It was memorable to say the least.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Ladder43
Reviewed 3 June 2010

I had my wedding here and had to book a block of rooms for myself and family. The staff went above and beyond to help make not only my day run smoothly but also accomodate my extended family which can be a trial at times. LOL We even were able to have a little after reception party at the bar!!! I couldn't have been happier with any of the accomodations from the rooms to the food and especially would like to thank the staff for being so friendly and professional. I have and definitely will continue to recommend this hotel to all friends and family. Thank you again for everything!!!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank OverTheMoonWifey
Reviewed 2 June 2010

I don't what that bad review was all about. I had a great experience at the Crowne Plaza in Timonium! Stayed at the Crowne Plaza for a wedding in May 2009. Staff was incredibly responsive & friendly. We arrived in room and there was no ironing board. A staff member immediately provided an ironing board. Bar was very accommodating to our large crowd. I left my credit card at the bar one night and the staff kindly returned it to me the following day with the correct receipt in hand. When my husband & daughter missed the chartered wedding shuttle, we called the front desk and they immediately responded with the hotel shuttle and got him to the reception. Would definitely stay at this hotel again!!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank KAR99
Reviewed 28 May 2010

My recent stay with this hotel was distasteful and offensive. I was part of a wedding party that booked out 40 + rooms. Generous business for the hotel from a single event, yet we were misled with empty promises they had made to us about prior arrangements and services. Customer service was classless and disappointing to say the least. We would have been happy to take our business elsewhere if we had known hospitality was not in their vocabulary. They made a bride upset on her special day, who does that? I do not recommend this hotel, especially for large groups.

• Stayed: May 2010
davidmarsh, General Manager at Radisson Hotel North Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2010

We have now viewed each of the 12 reviews posted to date by this wedding party. We would like to thank each of you for your candid comments. As we previously stated, we certainly understand how important and special a wedding night is. As a Crowne Plaza that routinely receives high praise for our dedication to go above and beyond for all our guests, we consider ourselves a partner in making our guests wedding night a dream come true.
That evening we did in fact keep the bar open until 1am, which was 1 hour after our contracted time of Midnight. We would have kept the bar open until 2am, unfortunately our Managers, Front Desk and Bar staff received an alarming number calls and complaints from other guest citing concern over inebriated individuals and elevated noise. Because so many members of the wedding party were bringing their own alcoholic beverages into the bar, the situation was quickly becoming uncontrollable. The decision was made to close the bar for the safety and comfort of everyone including the other guests in the hotel; therefore the bar was closed shortly after 1am.
Obviously we would have loved to sell drinks even later. In this case it was decided that in the best interest of all our guests’ happiness and safety that it was best to close the bar. Moving past the situation at the bar, we hope you had an otherwise enjoyable stay, and we wish you and the Bride and Groom the best in the future.

Reviewed 28 May 2010

I checked in with a wedding party- I went ahead of the group with the personal effects of the family and attendants of the bride. Dressed formally from the ceremony earlier that morning, and on a tight schedule moving along into wedding events later that day, I requested assistance at the front desk.

The clerk offered no assistance, and recommended that I load up the bellhop cart by myself, and leave the property of 12 honorees standing in the lobby while I parked my car. I was shocked. I understand that people were lining to check in- my confusion is to why there was not staff on hand to help with this kind of situation.

Is this how people treat ladies in Baltimore? Very dissatisfied with the service, overall.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo

David Marsh - General Manager

Reviewed 25 May 2010

I don't usually write online reviews because they take time and energy to login, but I felt that I had to say something about the staff at this hotel. When errors or problems arise, most of the hotels that I have stayed at do their best to fix the problem. Even though things went wrong or weren't perfect, the effort to fix the problems is much appreciated. Not only did the hotel staff not correct the problems in a timely fashion, they were rude and hostile towards our group and even caused a new bride to break down into tears on her wedding night. Only through her persistence and arguing did the hotel manager finally realize the errors that the hotel had made, but too bad it happened almost an hour later and after "ruining the evening". Unfortunately, the staff that evening including the manager was arrogant, passive aggressive, and not accommodating by any means. For anyone planning a special event at this hotel, I would highly recommend looking elsewhere, due to the staff/management at this hotel. The rooms, housekeeping, and food were average to above average, but their hospitality was despicable.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
davidmarsh, General Manager at Radisson Hotel North Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2010

We have now recieved 10 reviews from the same wedding party concerning the bar. As we stated before, we certainly understand how important and special a wedding night is. As a Crowne Plaza that routinely receives high praise for our dedication to go above and beyond for all our guests, we consider ourselves a partner in making our guests wedding night a dream come true.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Timonium
Holiday Inn Timonium
Holiday Inn Timonium
#2 of 3 in Timonium
Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore North / Timonium
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore North - Timonium
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore North -...
#2 of 2 in Lutherville Timonium
4 mi away
Best Western Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites
Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Timonium
Extended Stay America - Baltimor...
#1 of 2 in Lutherville Timonium
Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel

Been to Radisson Hotel North Baltimore? Share your experiences!