“Adequate and comfortable” 3 of 5 bubbles

Holiday Inn Timonium
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Timonium
“Adequate and comfortable”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

The Holiday Inn is a bit worn, but well managed and clean. The Chilis next door offers some food and drink without driving, but this area does not offer much. The breakfast, for a few extra bucks, was good for the value and did the trick.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Timonium, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Dear SBSTex,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind comments. I am happy that you liked our breakfast offerings and that we were able to provide you with a comfortable accommodation. Your feedback is surely appreciated as this is one of the ways that we determine what areas we do good and areas we need to improve on.

Once again, thank you for staying and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Blanchester
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

I had made reservations 2 weeks ahead of my arrival for a suite for 2 nights. When I arrived I couldn't get the suite I had reserved. I was travelling with my elderly parents. At first they put us in a Queen room. I went down and expressed my displeasure and was put in a double bed room...which was better but still not a suite. They gave me free breakfast tickets for the next morning due to the mix up. Breakfast was average but the tables were very sticky. The attendant did not wipe off tables as people left. Then when we were out for the day, the front desk called and asked if we were staying that night. When I replied yes, they said I needed to come back to the hotel immediately. When I arrived back at the hotel my room keys would not work. When I went to the desk to find out why my keys would not work, I also expressed my displeasure to a desk clerk who I had not meet before. She not only took care of the key but transferred me to the suite I had reserved. The suite had been EMPTY the previous night!!! The only good thing about the service at the hotel was Robin at the front desk who finally took care of fixing the issue. The hotel was clean except for the breakfast area. The TV did not work the first night but by that time I was tired of dealing with the front desk.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel. Skip the $5.00 break.
2 Thank Geraldine P
Mary W, Manager at Holiday Inn Timonium, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
I'm sorry to hear that you are were so displeased with your stay. As we had discussed, there must have been a misunderstanding with the website that you made the reservation on because our system showed that you had reserved a standard queen room. We thought that we had remedied the situation by upgrading you to a suite and only charging you the standard room rate. Suites are typically a much higher rate. Many employees were surprised to see this review, as they had tried their best to make your stay more pleasant. I'm sorry we failed to do so.
Puyallup, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

The Holiday Inn was wonderful. The beds were amazingly comfortable. The housekeeping staff was wonderful. The only downside was only one elevator working. It was still a great place to stay. It's great.

Mary W, Manager at Holiday Inn Timonium, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thank you for the great review!! I am sorry about the elevator! It is just our luck that it would go down while we were sold out!! We hope you stay with again the next time you are in the area!!
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

I've been here a couple times and I always enjoyed my stay. There was plenty of room for tractor-trailers. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. No problem with wifi connection and there is a Chili's beside it. I will stay again whenever I'm back in the area.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Mary W, Manager at Holiday Inn Timonium, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to having you back!!
Cary, NC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

My wife and I spent two nights here. No real complaints. Yes, one of the elevators wasn't working, but the wait time for the other was only a minor annoyance. The room was nice; the bathroom was clean; the bed was comfortable. The desk staff were very helpful. There is a Chili's restaurant attached, but we didn't eat there. On the last day, we walked across the street to a Bob Evan's for breakfast.

Mary W, Manager at Holiday Inn Timonium, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thank you for staying with us and writing the review! I am sorry that you were here when one of the elevators was down. Unfortunately, a part had to be ordered and as luck would have it, it happened on a sold out weekend! Thank you for your understanding.
Long Island
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

One elevator out of service, leaving only one elevator for a 7 story hotel; leading to some long wait times to get to our room. When we got to the room, there were no toiletries and had to search down the housekeeper to get some. Whether it was the service provider or the TV itself, TV reception very poor and controls very un-intuitive. Was never able to figure out how to remove the closed captions. The air conditioning, in addition to be very noisy was either way too cold or too warm. Last but not least the refrigerator was so noisy, we were forced to unplug it to be able to get some sleep

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bill S
Mary W, Manager at Holiday Inn Timonium, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
I am sorry we were not able to meet your expectations. I know how frustrating the elevator situation was! We have been on the phone with the elevator company since it stopped working on Thursday trying to get parts and service in time for the weekend. Unfortunately, the part had to be shipped in from out of town and we were not able to get it working until Friday night. I am very sorry for the inconvenience. I also want to apologize for the TV service. I will pass the maintenance issues along to the appropriate departments. Thank you for taking the time to share your review!
Fresno, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Stayed 2 nights while my daughter checked out a nearby college. Didn't think about Timonium til a friend suggested it was cheaper than Baltimore and close to the light rail, so visiting Inner Harbor was easy. Hotel was fine, comfortable, clean, quiet. Unfortunately, I missed breakfast as I was too tired to get up the next day! Thanks to staff, who fixed my luggage, which had lost a washer in the airport. They also suggested a nice nearby restaurant. I stumbled upon a Comedy Club right there, and spent a nice evening while my daughter stayed at the college overnight.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Mary W, Manager at Holiday Inn Timonium, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for staying with us! I am so happy you enjoyed your stay! If you daughter decides to go to the college in the area and you visit again, ask us about our special college rates!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Timonium
Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore North / Timonium
Radisson Hotel North Baltimore
BEST WESTERN Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites
Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel
Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Timonium
Extended Stay America - Baltimor...
#1 of 2 in Lutherville Timonium
Hunt Valley Inn A Wyndham Grand

Been to Holiday Inn Timonium? Share your experiences!