“Great Place For Special Occasions”
Review of Friendly Farms

Friendly Farms
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Upperco
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I went here for my 3rd wedding anniversary, and everything was just lovely. When you walk in the door they have a menu on a board. You order and pay up front and then seat yourself. There were plenty of seats available with a nice view. They serve endless sides and ice cream with the purchase of your entre. Being from Maryland, my husband is a crab-cake fanatic and he was very pleased! I had the fried shrimp which was very good also. The cocktail sauce was on the spicy side. After dinner we went for a stroll to the pond and enjoyed watching the ducks.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

you get simple American food the steak and the fries are great been going there 50+ years and have never had a bad meal yet

1  Thank William H
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We had a Church meeting in the Banquet Hall with a buffet, not the full menu. The quality and quantity of the food, promptly served, very courteously presented was excellent. This was my first visit, although we have friends who have been there before and loved it. The ride up I83 and drive through the country on a sunny Saturday was worth it alone. I had fried chicken, for which they are noted with plenty of corn, mashed potatoes and string beans. Ice cream with chocolate and chopped nuts was served in chilled dishes.

The facilities were fastidiously clean and fresh, matching the rolling landscape outside the windows. This is a wonderful place to eat, and we look forward to going upstairs to sample the full menu in the future. It is generally family style, and frankly that's something that seems to be alien in today's world. Forbid that we should have to talk to each other and enjoy the company of other people we don't know. The price is reasonable for what is served. If you're looking to be sequestered in a corner somewhere, go to the Milton Inn. Otherwise, this is a worthwhile trip, returning home full of comfort food. It doesn't get any better than this (except seafood by the ocean)

Reviewed 5 April 2014

We went to Friendly Farms for my mother-in-law's birthday and got there with a large appetite (luckily). The sweet bread (or sugar bread) was amazing and was refilled at least three times. Each couple in our group shared a crab cake meal and fried chicken, with bottomless sides.

The crab cakes were listed at 5oz, but were some of the largest (affordable) ones I have had (lived in MD for 6 years). They were also some of the best my wife and I have had (my wife has lived in MD for entire life).

Even though we were completely full when the dessert came out, we kept craving their fried chicken, but the cheesecake was a perfect finish to the great meal.

1  Thank 02b84b52
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

We have been going to this family owned and operated restaurant for 25 years. You place your order and pay before being seated. You select your entree and everybody gets the same sides served, as much as you want. Good food, friendly service and an atmosphere like mom's kitchen.