“Hotel and Staff”

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Waldorf
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Hotel and Staff”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the hotel was given the fact that we were evacuated from the Wyndham Vacation Resort at the National Harbor due to a water problem. Kudos to Ronie Pittman. She not only checked us in but was a most gracious hostess. She provided courteous, helpful service not only to us, but to all the customers. Her winning smile and helpful attitude added to the high quality of service extended to us during our stay. Thanks Ronie and thanks Marriott for an exceptional hotel and an outstanding employee..

Room Tip: The third floor was great
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank SEH89135
courtyardwaldorf, Manager at Courtyard Waldorf, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Thank you for the great feedback. It's greatly appreciated it.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Swarthmore, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I'm a consultant and was on assignment near Waldorf. Came down Sun-Fri every week and was always greeted warmly and genuinely. Everyone was professional, yet very personable too. The hotel is well maintained - sure there's the occasional small item, but I've stayed in higher-end properties that were not nearly as well kept.

A big THANK YOU to Ronie at the front desk. I see she's been mentioned in other reviews and it's no wonder. She's just the most pleasant and energetic person.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the first floor close to the kitchen - pretty noisy, especially in the morning.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Chris D
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 15 July 2013

The staff was friendly, courteous, and addressed issues promptly. On the other hand, they did cause, at least, one of the issues. When I reserved the room I reserved it as part of a group. Unfortunately, despite being a part of the group, my check-out date was a day earlier than anyone else's in the group. However, the issue was addressed and resolved without problems.
It was a pleasure to be there and I would gladly stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for the great feedback. It's greatly appreciated it.
Reviewed 25 June 2013

After many conversations, and a call to corporate headquarters, I received a credit for the item that I left behind. (see my review Mar 2013) While a appreciate the refund, i still feel like the hotel thought I was lying and took the word of their employee over mine. I am in the hospitality business and yes, the customer is ALWAYS right.....even if you think they aren't. In the long run, what is keeping your clientele happy worth? 100 dollars? I would think so.
Other than this issue the hotel was fine.....your run of the mill Marriot....Garden Inn....what have you, they are all the same with the amenities. It is the STAFF that makes the difference. So no, I will not stay at this particular hotel again b/c I feel the staff 1: can't be trusted 2: lacks training in dealing with the customer.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Dkemom
Sterling, Kansas
Reviewed 11 June 2013

The hallways smelled a little like McDonalds, but the beds are wonderful and the Ronie at the front desk was the BEST! The bathrooms were very clean and organized. We even asked for more pillows and the front desk was more than happy to give us an extra.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Karen B
courtyardwaldorf, Manager at Courtyard Waldorf, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
Thank you for staying with us and we really appreciate your free back in recognizing Mrs. Ronie for her hard work. We look forward to your next visit with us here at The Waldorf Courtyard
Reviewed 2 May 2013 via mobile

My wife and I reserved two rooms at this hotel for my 7-yr old daughters sleepover with six of her friends, as we have done in previous years (the previous stays were great). But, this stay started off wrong after check-in. Since we were recognizing our daughters birthday we had a small cake with us as we were carrying our belongings through the lobby to our rooms. After just 5-minutes of being in our room, I get an unexpected call (rude) from Ronnie at the front desk to say that they don't allow parties at the hotel. I asked her what lead her to believe that we were having a party at the hotel after only being there for 5-minutes? She replied that I saw you carrying a cake through the lobby to your room. I immediately hung up the phone, and marched to the front desk to voice my displeasure and to inquire if it is against hotel policy to consume cake on premises. She replied "no", and tols her that I did not pay my hard earned money to be harassed by her over a cake and her assumptions. Well, the saga with Ronnie continued after we placed calls to the front desk for these issues: 1). There were ants in bathrooms in both rooms (she eventually came to spray, but attributed the ants in bathroom's to the cake in the bedroom area that had not been cut). 2). The toilet backed up in one of the rooms (she told my wife that she would bring her a plunger, so she could attempt to un-clog it herself. My in disbelief refused, so Ronnie managed to un-clog the toilet only after stating that the clog was probably caused by one of the six little girls in the room). 3). We were forced to contact Robbie again after one of the little girls found black men's underwear on the floor near the side of the bed. Now, all this happened in one night! I complained to Nicole (front desk supervisor) the next morning, but I only got the typical corporate apology / I will address this with her response. This Marriott does not represent the company name well. I will be writing a letter to the corporate office.

• Stayed April 2013
5 Thank Rayjay2
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Always a Great Stay! Denesia and Nicole are the BEST! Always a clean hotel, exceptional cutomer service. Whenever I'm in the area I stay at this Marriot and now Denesia and Nicole know my name! Outstanding! When I walk through the door and by the time I get to the desk they have pulled my reservation up and asking how many keys! Amazing!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
courtyardwaldorf, Manager at Courtyard Waldorf, responded to this review, 2 May 2013
Thank you very much for your response in regards to your recent stay here at the Waldorf Courtyard Hotel. We pride our self on delivering great service and it great to hear that we delivered that to you during your stay with us. Again thank you for the feedback its greatly appreciated by me and the staff.

Tajala Lockhart