“where is it?”

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Waldorf
mclean virginia
“where is it?”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Finding this hotel is a major effort.Every two years or so I attend a retreat at Falkner Md.and I have stayed at the best western hotel in La Plata which is a very nice hotel at a reasonable price.This year I discovered that there are now 2 marriott hotels in waldorf which is a little bit further but because I am an elite member I decided to go further and pay more out of loyalty to the marriott brand. Waldorf is strangely laid out and tries to get as much i an area a they can.Igot directions from the website and drove.I could not find it.The address says crane ave but i could not find it.I parked my car and called the marriott 800 number and was told I did not have a reservation!But I know I had one and had received a confirmation.Iformation said there was no courtyard in waldorf. I spent nearly two hours going back and forth o the short span of crane highway i even had to ask some bikers outside of hooters for directions (they were very nice but unhelpful).i did locate the hilton gardens hotel and the manager was very nice but did his best to get me to stay there join hiton. I was so frustrated that I almost had another stroke.Finally,I arrived at the hotel but averytime I left i got mixed up.The problem is that it s NOT on crane ave or bld.it is NEAR crane although it is the hotels address.You have to go down one street and turn at the red robin restaurnt and then turn near aa pond and continue on even thoufh it seems it is the wrong way.I found it!!!!!!~ I gave the hotel 3 stars instead of4 because of the lousy directions.It is a courtyard and is very clean.Since it is courtyard it has the much despised food set up-----however I enjoyredd the food and the ambience of the cafe.One woman at the desk stood out that was Britany who was ever helpful and considerate and was the picture of marriott hospitality. Now that I found the place I will return in 2 years despite the tempting offers from Hilton

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
courtyardwaldorf, General Manager at Courtyard Waldorf, responded to this review, 30 November 2013
I would like to extend my apologies for the trip around Waldorf. I greatly appreciate your feedback and we are glad that you found us and had a great experience. It's with pleasure to hear that through it all we will get the opportunity to service you in the near future. Again, Thank you for being a loyal Marriott Elite Member.
Happy Holidays to you and yours!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott in Waldorf, MD. They were cleaning the entire 2nd floor and I was given a room on that floor prior to it being completed.

However, I met two employees, Ebony and Sherel and they explained to me about the cleaning and said let me take care of things for you. And they did with nothing but smiles and caring for a client that was not having a great day as they could see. I have Gout and I was having a gout issue and they made sure I got first class service!
So Kudos to the following people; Ebony, Sherel, Arvil and Mya! Keep up the great work and it will show to all of your clientele!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
courtyardwaldorf, General Manager at Courtyard Waldorf, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
It's with great pleasure to hear that the staff took care of you during your stay. We strive each day to ensure that every guest leaves as satisfied as your were. Thank you so much for the feedback and we look forward to servicing you again in the near future.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Room was so small 2 queen beds could barely fit. Beds and pillows were horrible. The hotel was very noisy. Guest children were allowed to run wild through hotel all times of the night. Doors were slamming all night. Housekeeping did not clean room, returned to a room with a pile of dirty towels and unmade beds. Housekeeping left a bag of clean towels at our door instead. Manger stated housekeeping told her we didn't want our room cleaned. We did receive a free night stay but hesitant to use it. Would not recommend.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sue K
I would like to start by thanking you for providing us with the feedback from your experience. This is what allows us an opportunity to continue to grow and get better each day. We extended the opportunity for your to revisit the hotel to show you that we pride ourselves in service and would like for you to experience that, is what we are about. We would love to take advantage of the complimentary stay. We look forward to servicing you in the near future.
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

We were very pleased with this hotel. The front desk staff was wonderful, very welcoming! The beds were very comfortable, the temperature in the room was perfect, beautifully decorated, comfortable and quiet. The room darkening shades were great! We love this place!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank MamaGeee
courtyardwaldorf, Manager at Courtyard Waldorf, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Thanks for staying with us . Can't wait to have you back.
District Heights
Reviewed 26 September 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Courtyard motel in Waldorf Maryland on Sept. 23, 2013. Everyone there were very helpful and professional. The only disappointment we experience was that breakfast was not a part of the stay. You can purchase breakfast the inside of the motel at a cost of about $5 to 6.00. It was a great stay!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
courtyardwaldorf, Manager at Courtyard Waldorf, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Thank you for the great feedback. It's greatly appreciated it.
Millersville, Maryland
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Kudos to Brittany and Ashley for a warm welcome, professional disposition and very smooth check-in. You both made me feel right at home before my stay. Thank you.
Big time heartfelt kudos to Ms. Mya McElrath, Assistant General Manager. On the second day of my stay, I was very unhappy how a house cleaning staff chose to "cut corners" to clean my room. I reported the matter to Ms. McElrath. Ms. McElrath took notes, told me she was very sorry about the incident, and that she would be addressing my concerns with that house keeping staff. Ms. McElrath then addressed my concerns beyond my expecatations. She made sure my room was up to standards. My stay was then fantastic and comfortable. Ms. McElrath, thanks so much for being so accomodating. It's because of you that my second stay met Marriott's standards. You were truly a blessing to me and thanks for being committed to customer service.

Room Tip: I always request a higher floor because I don't care to have any one above me.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for the great feedback. It's greatly appreciated it. Look forward to seeing you again!
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 August 2013

First, the rooms, beds, building and facility are very nice, 4 stars. Our 2 night stay had problems. In no particular order there were a number of small things that did not live up to the room price or usual Marriott standards. I appears that the staff of this hotel really was not committed to customer service excellence. Towel rack in the bathroom was not properly attached to the wall so the bar fell off by itself with a loud crash, and whenever a towel was removed. This was not a new problem, but the staff continues to replace the bar despite the fact that the towels will fall off, in the middle of the night, with a bang. They use very expensive Paul Mitchell shampoos, but leave one bottle per room that holds a thimble full, not enough for one male with short hair to wash, leaving me to beg for them to bring more while my wife was showering for the event we traveled to attend. The three towels for a room with two queen beds were inadequate to dry the two of us, again requiring an emergency wet naked call to the front. There is a small breakfast bar. Although the food was adequate, we were the only four ordering and it took almost 20 minutes to receive 3 egg orders. The espresso machine did not work on a Saturday morning. We had to inhale the food in 5 minutes to get to our event on time. They realized how upset I was and did not charge us, which was not the point. The free printer had no toner. The pool had no towels at 10 AM, once I was wet. I was in the elevator with two housekeeping people who ignored trash on the floor. I picked it up after they walked out, a real attitude summary. Last but not least, the one day of housekeeping did not replace the extra towels I had asked for, so I had to ask for them again, and the toilet was not cleaned, one of only two things I expect - they did make the beds.
So overall, for twice the price of nearby budget hotels, the service was disappointing. I realize these are all little things, and maybe you would not care. But to me, a frequent traveler, they show an attitude that I would not pay extra for.

Room Tip: All the rooms are very nice.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family