“very disappointed”

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Waldorf
Staunton, Virginia
“very disappointed”
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

The reception/breakfast area was deceivingly spotless. Breakfast included eggs, bacon, and waffles. Room had a microwave and fridge. However, that's where all the positives ended. On the way to the room in the hallway, there was a stain on the carpet that looks suspiciously like vomit. Paint was peeling in the bathroom, carpet was stained AND completely worn away under the air conditioner (in the room). Stain on the sheet on one of the two beds (thank goodness I only needed one bed). Shower head had a dripping leak. It appears something splattered on the bed side table from the floor. House keepers made both the beds with the sheets sideways, not a terrible problem, just very inconvenient. I will NOT stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Vega2003

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Spring Hope, North Carolina
Reviewed 16 October 2013

The front desk is the first impression, and it was great..... The room is perfect. This is the third time we have stayed here, and we are pleased. We had one issue last stay and mentioned to manager, it was resolved professionally and fast.

Room Tip: We are an older couple and rooms up front
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Liked this place a lot! We're in hotels 25 nights per month for work, and this ranks high among all we've visited. Our room was spacious with a very comfortable bed and lovely bedding; plenty of towels, too! Everything was so clean and housekeeping staff was friendly and accommodating. We had a coffee maker, micro-fridge and couch which made our eight nights even easier. Lobby area appealed to me as a minimalist, with plenty of seating in breakfast area as well as couches and lounge chairs across the room. Pool looked inviting. Used guest laundry which worked very well (one on each of the two floors), and vending provided many selections. Breakfast items were what one would expect, efficiently attended and covering all the bases. I found the desk staff to be professional, concerned, efficient and welcoming at all times, on all days. Our only problem was with other guests: door slamming, loud voices in the halls at late hours, and rude parking (on two separate nights, three trucks consumed 12 parking spaces). As registration does not include vehicle information, desk staff had no way to control this. Parking was tight (we have a truck and work trailer). I also noted cigarette smoke coming from a guest room one evening (the towel stuffed under the door doesn't fool anyone, genius). When I reported this to the desk, the clerk said she would take care of that right away, and I believe she did. A take-charge person, for sure. It's otherwise a 100% smoke-free facility. We'll stay here again when we return next month,

Room Tip: Hotel sits back from a busy highway and intersection and backs up to housing; we noticed no noise ev...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Waynesboro, Tennessee
Reviewed 11 September 2013

As a choice member, And people who travel for work approximately 350 days out of a year, we see good hotels and bad hotels. But so far, this one was the worst. The door didn't lock properly. The access door would not open with key t he whole 2 weeks we were there. We received a clean room and towels only on weekends when an outside contractor " their words" came in. What upset me the most was when I used their laundry room on first floor. After ruining a load of delicates, I set washer to cold water delicate, But realised to late that the hoses were backwards. And scalding HOT water ruined my clothes, the Manager politely said, " there's another laundry room on 2nd floor for your convenience." No I'm sorry this happened. No, I'm sorry $650.00 of your clothes are ruined. Nothing. Even when I requested they fix this so it didn't happen to anyone else, I was told No one else had complained. REALLY? Two days later, there was a major water leak on second floor which of course dripped through drop ceiling. We walked through water for days, and never saw anyone tryin to mop it up. I always try to see the good in everything. But this hotel has very little good. Very disappointed. Very poor management. Which is extremely odd for Comfort Inns. They are usually top notch. Not this one.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank rebecca w

Travellers are raving about these Waldorf hotels

Scranton
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I have been staying at this property to visit family in La Plata for about four years now. My most recent stay gave me the first glimpse of the newly renovated lobby which is quite an upgrade. The staff has always been helpful and though the rooms don't quite live up to the new, modern lobby, I'm sure that after their full renovation they will be top notch. I've had a few small issues in rooms to which the staff acted quickly, either fixing the problem or switching out to a different room. The breakfast is extensive and overall this hotel is a good value. It's my go-to when I'm in town visiting family and always my first suggestion to others traveling to the area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Clemson, South Carolina
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Staff was helpful and exceeded our expectations. Breakfast was more than I expected. Only 2 complaints: 1. Furnishings and bed were nice and new looking but rug need replacing. It was ripped in one place and I almost tripped on it. 2. Pool was freezing cold. You would expect an indoor pool to be at least warm. It had to be about 70 degrees. Husband and I like to do laps in pools and it was too cold to do more than 2 laps. The reason I had picked this place was because of the pool. Weather had been nasty and I figured since they had a indoor pool we would be ok. Other than those 2 things we enjoyed our stay there.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Columbia, Maryland
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Im a choice member at stay at a lot of comfort suites and this was my first time staying at this hotel, it was wonderful. The room was very clean and the staff was really helpful and friendly. Will be staying at this hotel when im in the area again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo