“Dirt and Bugs” 1 of 5 bubbles

Master Suites Hotel
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Waldorf
“Dirt and Bugs”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2006

My husband and I were looking for a place to stay and came across this hotel. First of all the price changed as we were itheir from 69.95 to 108.00 . When we walked into the room the lights didnot work and the room was not a suite. put our bags on the table found the lights and out came the roaches. our complaints to the front office did not get us our money back but a meeting with Sheila the Manager this mornig. Our understanding is only the monies to be returned is phone money because we paid cash. Do Not Stay it was not good at at. Unless you like dirt and Bugs.

Stayed June 2006
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2006

I am in the military and recently relocated to Maryland. I needed a place for me and my family to stay while we found a place to live so we ended up staying at the Master Suites in Waldorf. Though it was not our first choice we had to stay there because it was one of the few places that accepted pets. When we got there we noticed that it was not in the best neighborhood or the rooms were definetly not what I would call a "suite" . We had rooms for 2 nights and then realized that we would have to stay longer than 2 nights. So we increased our stay 2 more nights. The room that we had was ok but the plug for the tub did not sork so I had to give my 2 young daughters ages 2 and 8 months showers. The room was very stuufy and musty smelling. After our 2nd resevation ran out we again needed to stay longer so I called the front desk to have them put a week stay on my credit card and they told me that they gave my room to some one else. With that being said I now had no where to bring my family while we found a place to live. The manager then worked out a deal to give me a single room with a pullout couch. I told him that that would be fine and to move us. The second room that we had was a smoking room (we are non smokers) and the windows did not open and there was no plug in the drain to the tub. The cleaning staff did not know how to clean or for that matter they ver rarly changed the sheets that we were sleeping onIt was across the hall from a disgusting family who lived there and were complete trash. After numerous complaints to management and the family about there smoking that was comming into our room we had no choice but to leave and take the first house that we came into contact with. I would not recommend this hotel to any one with kids or pets. The management was however very nice and helpful with any problem that we had.

• Stayed May 2006
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travellers are raving about these Waldorf hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2006

There obviously must be different management at this hotel, as the change since I was there two years ago, is beyond belief. EVERYTHING is shabby, unkept and dirty, dirty, dirty. I also felt extremely unsafe. I could not wait to get out of there. Avoid this hell hole at all costs.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member