“Surprisingly good and excellent value”

Holiday Inn Express Waldorf
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Waldorf
Penarth, United Kingdom
“Surprisingly good and excellent value”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel while traveling as part of a group of a Roller Derby team. We were made welcome and checking process was quite quick for our big number. The room I was in was on the ground floor but I felt secure. The bedding and towels were of good quality. My bed was creaking but still comfortable. I had a huge bathroom with a very big walking shower as I was in a Disabled room, bonus! The choice of breakfast was ample and I loved the pancake machine. I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank NathalieFlore
Christmas C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Waldorf, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel here at the Holiday Inn Express Waldorf MD. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Not to many of us were familiar with the roller derby sport so we would also like to thank you and your team for educating us on it. We look forward to hosting your group again in the near future.

Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Katy, Texas, United States
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Recently took the family on a road trip from TX to visit family in Waldorf, MD. I was able to book a great deal for four nights at the Holiday Inn Express in Waldorf on Priceline. The Staff was very courteous, the rooms were extremely clean and comfortable. The free breakfast in the morning was also exceptional. They have an automatic pancake machine (The kids loved it) and quite a bit of other hot foods and options as well. Overall stay was great and I would recommend this hotel for anyone traveling to or through Waldorf.

Room Tip: Close to many good restaurants.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Timothy L
Christmas C, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Waldorf, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us as a 5 star hotel here at the Holiday Inn Express Waldorf MD. We appreciate your feedback and love that you and your family enjoyed your stay while on a long journey from home.

We hope to see you again on your next travel.

Thanks,
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stopped here on our way to NJ. Very nice hotels. Staff very friendly. Room was extremely clean. The room had one of the larger bathrooms I have experienced in a hotel. Very close to some very nice restaurants.
The only problem I had was it is a pet friendly hotel. No problem with room as far as pets. But in the morning some people had their pets in the eating area while they ate. The breakfast was well stocked and the food was good, but I really could have done without the pets in the area.

Room Tip: Restaurants was great but had to go average because of pets.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank maddog1945
Christmas C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Waldorf, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we’re doing right, what we’re doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Mount Pleasant SC
Reviewed 18 May 2014

When traveling through the area, I considered many options. My previous experiences in the Waldorf area made me very cautious in choosing a hotel. This Holiday Inn Express is located just off the main route, so arriving at night, it seems like a dark area. Once inside I was very pleased with the entire experience from the courteous and informative desk clerk, to the cleanest room I have seen in anything less than a 4 star hotel, and finally a great breakfast buffet that had fresh offerings being carefully monitored by staff for refills and cleanliness. When we came down for breakfast, I noticed the elevator flop was a bit dirty, but even that was clean by the time we returned to our room. The room was very quiet with nice furnishings including a selection of pillow densities. Honestly we could not have asked for anything else from this hotel.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room and was very pleased. Since this hotel does not sit directly on the main ro...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RUADUFFER
We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback about your recent stay with us. Thank you for your kind comments about our hotel. We love be able to share your experience with our staff.

Claremont, New Hampshire
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We were visiting D.C. and wanted to stay outside to save $$$. We are glad we did. Exceptionally friendly staff. The breakfasts were nice, including a nice break from the standard HI Express fare. I was very impressed about how well they kept it stocked - even though there were lots and lots of school children. Nice pressure in the shower. My family enjoyed the indoor pool. Only one complaint: We had to change our travel plans. When I contacted central HI Express, for reasons still not clear to me, they could not alter the reservations for us and gave us a local email address. I emailed the request and never received a response. I figured out a way to do it online, but I am disappointed for the lack of email response - this is 2014 after all.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Christmas C, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Waldorf, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. We truly appreciate when we hear how well we have done. I do apologize that no one was able to respond to your email as you had requested and that appropriate action has been taken. Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

We look forward to serving your future needs.

Granby, Connecticut
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Overall a good HIE, but two problems spoiled the visit. The staff is fine, the room clean, and the breakfast good. BUT, when we arrived the luggage carts had been stolen, and we had to carry our stuff to our room (we don't travel lightly); luckily, a staff person carried our heaviest piece to the room. It was the same checking out. Check out morning there was a water problem with the water coming out yellow and smelling of sulphur. No shower, no use of water. The problem was unfixable.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Please accept my sincere apology.
Please be assured that all of the issues you’ve raised have been addressed, and that appropriate action has been taken.

We look forward to serving your future needs.

Lovettsville, Virginia
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Staff was always helpful and friendly. Room was roomy, comfortable and clean. Convenient location for visits to Waldorf or La Plata. Convenient to restaurants. Breakfast included hot items as well as the usual fare. Did not use pool or exercise room, but it was nice to know they were available. Pet friendly! Quiet location.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. We are delighted to know that our staff was able to help you during your stay.