“Gret night's sleep in clean room with confortable beds”

La Quinta Inn Waldorf
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Waldorf
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We stayed here to break up the long travel days and many miles on Rte 95. Easy on and off location and our reservations moved us quickly with friendly efficient staff. Room as always with a fridge and microwave making the stop and stay quiet and efficient for our needs. Our non smoking room was fine and the night rest worth having booked in advance... being exhausted while driving all day it is why you plan distances and spend a good night at your hotel with an efficiency room.

Room Tip: Good night's sleep in very comfortable beds. Free wifi and fridge and breakfast the next mornin...
4  Thank OneOpinionNJ

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I stayed at the la Quinta hotel July 14, 2014. I arrived late and exhausted after a long day of driving. I stopped here because the hotel looked nice on the outside and I had heard that the La Quinta hotels were a good place to spend the night. The staff was friendly. The room, 116, was really terrible. It smelled as if there had recently been a flood - in fact the next morning I even asked if the hotel had flooded recently. Everything in the room was damp - the carpet and the bed linens were all damp. I was exhaused so I slept on top of the bed to avoid the damp sheets. All night I dreamed of mold. I will not stay in one of these hotels again and do not recommend this particular hotel at all.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
7  Thank Virginia F
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We booked 2 nights here on-line at LQ site. Had a few concerns when I arrived at the desk as the girl seemed confused and had open a newspaper and was highlighting positions vacant advertisements.
I had booked a King with Fridge and Microwave but asked about free upgrade options as an Elite Member. She asked me to sign the usual check-in form which showed us in room 133. Then she dithered around on the computer for what seemed an eternity and printed out another copy of the form and asked me to sign it again. I expressed concern at signing more than one form but she told me it was because I was being put in an upgrade room which was their best. I asked her to just change the number on the form I had already signed.
She then proceeded to make keys and put them in a folder labelled room 255. I reminded her that was neither of numbers on the paperwork I signed or the amended paperwork. She said sorry and changed the number on the key holder to 233. We proceeded to our room(upstairs no lift) and found it to be a suite of 2 adjoining rooms next to the laundry/ice machine/soft drink machine.
Things started to get worrying when we could hardly hear ourselves for the noisy dispensing machines and the laundry that got into full swing at 1130 PM.
My wife went downstairs and complained about the laundry use at midnight and was rudely told that there was no restriction on time use of laundry (it was 24 hrs)
We tried to sleep but the room was brightly lit like something out of an ET/Poltergeist movie. A massive halogen floodlight outside our window lighting the motel front shone straight in through the venetians (no curtains on one window).
Breakfast was interesting – they ran out of Cornflakes so you had a choice of fruitloops or some other loop cereal. Yoghurt was run out as was the bagels. They had oats in packets but no microwave.
I found out the girl who checked me in had not only double charged my credit card for the 2 nights but also added some other spurious charge of $85.57. I was assured not to worry it will drop off. I reminded them it puts a hold on funds on my travel card which they thought was amusing. I enquired about staying another night(under sufferance) and was told a room was available at the same rate we paid for the first 2 nights. I agreed and signed the paper only to check on line and find that they had taken $45 more for the night than I had paid for the previous nights. After me complaining they reversed this error and promised to fix the others - a week later they were still pending on my card account.
When I came to check out they had increased the nightly charge on both the first 2 nights. I had to dig out the email from LaQuinta showing the reservation agreed price before they agreed to put it back to the rate it should have been – these incorrect holds were only reversed 9 days later after emails to La Quinta Support and the Hotel itself. In all there have been 10 transactions placed on my card by this motel when there should have been only 2

I have stayed at over 100 different La Quinta motels in Nth America and this one is the worst be a country mile. It is a low class La Quinta and I suggest you only stay here if you are a thrill seeker.

I gave it one star because you cannot give zero!!!!

7  Thank J0hnMcKay
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We wanted a non-smoking room but none were available. The desk clerk gave me a bottle of spray to use in the room, which worked fairly well. The assistant manager Mary was very knowledgeable about the area and was extremely helpful. She was a very pleasant young lady with a great personality. If I had to return to the southern Maryland area, I would definitely reside at that location.

1  Thank Harold M
Reviewed 12 June 2014

The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable about the area. I love staying here they always know me by name and it's always a great stay. i recommend checking out Hard Times Cafe it's a bar that serves a great food menu.

Room Tip: the jacuzzi room is highly recommended!
Reviewed 9 June 2014

When I booked a handicapped accessible room, I assumed it would be on the first floor. It was not and there are no elevators! Why anyone would expect someone with physical problems to carry luggage up to the second floor makes no sense. The two ladies at the desk were very nice and tried to find us a first floor room but the only thing available was a smoking room so to make it easier on my husband, we took it. Big mistake! Not only did it reek from cigarette smoke but the carpet was filthy. We checked out the next morning and we will never stay here again. The only good thing I can say about our stay was the staff was excellent and the room and the air conditioner were quiet compared to other places we have stayed.

2  Thank Darlene J
Reviewed 3 June 2014

this motel was convenient for our visit to our son's home. The value for the price was reasonable, but to compare to a Microtel, we would prefer to stay at a Microtel. Since there was no pool, or other ammenities, it seems like the price could be a little less.

1  Thank Christine R