“A Night Away”

Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Waldorf
Hughsville, MD
“A Night Away”
Reviewed 30 January 2009

My fiance surprised me with a night away. So we went to Washington DC for the night. Before going to dinner we arrived at the hotel. The front desk staff was excellent very polite and helpful. The breakfast in the morning was wonderful as well. When we arrived at the hotel and went to our room the staff had put rose petals and champange with two glasses in our room.

It made the night even better. I would come back.

• Liked — Everything
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank vacation09026

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Virginia
Reviewed 26 November 2008

I had booked this hotel for 2 days to go to a conference in D.C. The first night, I wake up in the middle of the night, scratching fiercely at my arm, I feel like I'm being eaten alive. It took me until I got home the following day to realize that my wrist had a huge bite on it. I get home, and the next day, I have 8-10 more bites all over my back, arms, and neck. I had taken my pillow with me, and had assumed wrongly that this hotel was clean enough for me to be okay. As it stands right now, I am spending more money getting rid of the bed bugs at my home than I spent to stay 2 nights at this La Quinta.

• Liked — It seemed like a good deal
  • Disliked — It wasn't a good deal at all
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled on business
4 Thank VbVA0001

Travellers are raving about these Waldorf hotels

Easton, PA
Reviewed 13 October 2008

We spent a night at La Quinta Inn Waldorf while helping our son and daughter-in-law move into their new apartment. The room was very clean and comfortable and the inn was in a good area. The breakfast consisted of bagels, muffins, fruit, cold cereal, instant oatmeal and grits and coffee, of course. I did not notice if juices were available. The waffle maker was out of order but there was a nice assortment of other items to make up for that. Our King room with recliner was less than $100, including taxes, with a AAA discount. The room had a safe, refrigerator, microwave, cable TV, ironing board and hair dryer. We would recommend this hotel and will stay there again!

• Liked — Clean and comfortable and conveniently located to shopping, etc.
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank MikeS7
Millersville, Md
Reviewed 29 April 2008

Great place to stay. Had everything I needed. Continental breakfast was very good. Juices, coffees, cereals, waffles, pasteries, toast, butter, and jelly. Coffee maker in bath room.

A iron with ironing board, microwave, small fridge and a safe were included in the room. The price quoted on line, by Cora the manager, included my AARP discount which is what I paid on check in. She was extremely accomodating and has a wonderful attitude. Made me feel so very welcome. Smoking and non smoking rooms are available. I had a king size bed and was very comfortable. There are only two floors and no
elevator. But, it is very handicap accessable. The first floor
rooms are very easy to access. Even though it is off a busy highway (Rt. 301), my room was very quiet. I will return my next visit to Waldorf.

• Liked — Neat and clean
  • Stayed April 2008
Maryland U.S.A.
Reviewed 28 April 2008

The LaQuinta Inn in Waldorf, Maryland was clean, comfortable and quiet. It is located off of a busy highway (Rt. 301 South)
in front of another hotel. I was delighted by the lady, Cora, at the front desk upon check in. There are only two floors and there is no elevator. Handicap problems and not a problem for them. There is plenty of accessable suites on the first floor and are easily reached. A continental breakfast comes with the price. I requested the AARP price and it was the same as quoted on their web site. The breakfast consisted of : juices, coffees, milk, cereals, waffels, pastries, muffins, and toast with butter or jams.
There are smoke free rooms with safes, ironing boards, micro waves, and a small fridge. No pool. The room was clean, and well maintained. I will return on my next visit to or through that area.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled solo
1 Thank sewinglady215
south carolina
Reviewed 10 April 2008

I was very disappointed in the example that the front desk personal revealed during my stay. Upon arrival I gave the employee the date that I would be leaving, however while on my job, the last day, I arrived to find myself locked out of my room. Upon inquiring the front desk informed me that my room had been rented to another. I asked where my personal belongings were and was informed that housekeeping told them everything had been cleaned out. I requested that they recheck the room or pay for my belonging. After checking they did locate my belonging in that very room. But told me I still had to move, even though the next guest had not arrived. Why didn't they move them and not me. Very upset. Then I find out from my wife that not only did they authorized my credit card for my stay once but twice. This is aggravating because I know though my travels that an authorization can stay on hold for 7 to 10 days, even after the hotel releases the authorization. And my wife has worked for other hotels. By the way both rooms were the same in size and layout, so for good business the front desk should have moved the new guest to a different room before they arrived, and let me stay where I was.Moving during your stay is such an inconvenince. I will inform my employer of this situation, and we probably will not be using this hotel again.

• Disliked — Front desk service/ only the day manager seemed to know how to get things done
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled on business
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 9 July 2007

After sightseeing in DC, we made reservations at this La Quinta, which is only 25 miles away from the heart of DC. On our way down there, though, we got a little scared because the area around highway 5 didn't look very safe. We saw some people getting arrested on our way there. Aaah! We were pleasantly surprised, however, when we got there. This is actually one of the nicer La Quintas we've stayed at. The staff was warm and welcoming, and my room had a microwave and fridge in it. It also had a wooden wardrobe instead of one of those quasi-closets that hotel rooms usually have. The shower had a massaging showerhead and a curved shower curtain. I really liked that... The internet worked great as well. Although there was no gym, they did have a laundry room. And... what really made my stay there extra pleasant: they had REAL BUTTER with the belgian waffles. Mmmmm.....

• Liked — wonderful staff, "extras" in the room, butter with the waffles!
  • Disliked — you have to go through a scary area to get there
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple