“Everything you hope for if you stay in Waldorf”

La Quinta Inn Waldorf
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Waldorf
Walla Walla, Washington
“Everything you hope for if you stay in Waldorf”
Reviewed 6 March 2011

Simply put, this motel saved us from the Waldorf Super 8, of which I've written a deservedly scathing review here. The LaQuinta was a great relief, it had a large, clean lobby and though you aren't technically supposed to check in until 11am or so, the two young women working at the front desk let us check in early in the morning as we fled the Super 8. They were so friendly and down to earth that they also let us eat our breakfast there immediately after checking in, and gave us some useful information about D.C. including the Metro Rail schedules.

The rooms were very very clean well maintained as one expects of any decent motel, and the building overall was quiet, with well-lit hallways.

Best of all, we barely paid more for each of the two nights we stayed here than we had paid at the disgusting Super 8, and our experience here was literally hundreds of times better. It's almost pointless to compare the two; It's like comparing a warm hug in the sunlight with getting sodomized in a damp basement. If you stay in Waldorf, I highly recommend you stay here.

• Stayed December 2010
2 Thank justheretowarnyou

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Waldorf, Maryland
Reviewed 4 January 2011

I stayed at the LaQuinta Inn off of 301 in Waldorf, MD on December 18, 2010. My mother had surprised me with a one night stay at the LaQuinta Inn for my 23rd birthday. I came into the hotel that night with high hopes of enjoying a nice evening with my boyfriend but instead was met with nothing but attitude. From the moment I stepped into the hotel, the hotel attendant was extremely rude. The hotel attendant was in the middle of eating her Popeyes Chicken and when I was speaking to her, she would whisper the entire time so I would CONSTANTLY have to ask her to repeat herself. The entire time I was checking in, she didn't even have the decency to look me in my eye when I was talking to her. Then, when I asked her where the elevator was, she said, We don't have one in a nonchalant attitude and once again, she didn't look me in the eye when I was talking to her. The next day, when I went to complain about the individual, there was another female at the front desk with her hair half done who seemed to have an attitude as well when we were checking out the next morning. I don't know why I received all of the attitude, but it was enough to convince me to never stay at the LaQuinta Inn EVER AGAIN. The only positive thing that I can say about the hotel was that the room was VERY nice and clean. Besides that, I won't be wasting my money ever again at a hotel that doesn't give the best service that it possibly can from their employees/customer service.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank dmr5071

Travellers are raving about these Waldorf hotels

Rochester, Michigan
Reviewed 4 July 2010

Nice place for its value. I have stayed on vacation with my wife and young daughter (1 year old) and everything was perfect - very clean and includes a light breakfast that was perfect for us. The hotel has no ammenities like swimming pool or fitness center, but the rooms are fine and that was what mattered to us. It is a great option to use the car together with the Washington metro system to get to the touristic areas in DC, however one needs to reserve 1 hour to get from the hotel to the National Mall, what was fine to us as the hotel was ~5 times less expensive than anything in DC.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank danvil
Goshen, Indiana
Reviewed 20 September 2009

We stayed here because it was close to several golf courses and easy access to the DC Metro (train system). It is an older hotel, with no elevator. It could definitely use a makeover! The free breakfast was o.k., but not outstanding. The fitness center was down the street and you had to use it by 8 pm. However, the rooms were clean and for the price it was not a bad deal. I might stay there again but I would definitely check other options before making a final decision.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank ConvertibleWoman
tx
Reviewed 26 July 2009

I book my reservation online and when I get here with my husband and 3 nieces they tell me they couldn't find my reservation, even after I give them my conformation number. Then I asked way in advance to give me a room on the first floor and they didn't, my niece has a broken foot and had to walk up stairs because they do not have an elevator. I also asked for a NON smoking room and they only had smoking avaiable. We came here to visit DC area. The frount desk people are RUDE!!! I asked for the bus route or subway route to get to DC and they were like I dont know you should have looked that up before you came. The bathroom was dirty and they didnt have a bathtub only a stand up shower. I will never stay at this hotel again. They are RUDE RUDE RUDE, and NASTY!!!!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
4 Thank Dana G
East Elmhurst, New York
Reviewed 6 July 2009

My mother booked us a room at this la quinta since my aunt lives about five minutes away and we were in town for the 4th of july. The place was clean, room was big, beds nice but we had a few issues:
We requested a top floor and didn't get it. We booked more than two months ago, so I wasn't happy about that.
Safe didn't work.
Carpet was okay, but near the bed and desk area it seemed like someone had tracked tar or oil/dirt into the room. I didn't feel comfortable enough to walk around the room in my socks. A real pain to have to put slippers on just to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night.
No vending machine in the non-smoking section of the hotel. Had to walk to the front and cross over to the smoking side just to get ice.
Drain in tub was closed the first day we were there, and us not realizing it, we took showers and couldn't figure out how to drain the water. You have to physically twist the drain in the bottom of the tub to swivel it open so that the water will go down. We complained to the front desk that something was wrong with the drain(before we saw later on that we had to twist it) and we must have looked so stupid to them. We're still trying to figure out why it was in the 'plug' position in the first place!
Strike seven. At around 9:30 the first morning we are there(we stayed friday night through to monday morning) a maid starts rapping on the door. The "DO NOT DISTURB" sign was in the lock so.....WHY is she here? Oh...she didn't SEE the sign? I just closed the door on her and went back to getting ready for the day. We were in very late friday night, so we'd just gotten up and we were perturbed with the fact that she just knocked without looking.
Walls are thin. So when someone flushes a toilet. You hear it. We didn't really hear anything else though, and the toilets flush very loud. You can also hear trucks roaring down 301(faintly though) so earplugs might be an option if you are not a heavy sleeper( I never travel without mine!)

On the plus side, management was very nice and offered to move us when we thought there was a problem with our drain. Rooms were cleaned early. The property was kept clean, even though they allow pets. They have a special area for walking the dog and plastic bags and trash for pet waste. Coffee was plentiful and pretty good in the lobby 24/7. Only one waffle iron, so that first morning there was a line. But we always eat at Denny's when we visit my aunt, so we didn't really bother with the breakfast. We were always greeted very pleasantly whenever we entered the hotel by the desk staff, no matter what time it was. No HBO(as listed), but at least they had the food network and I was able to hook my portable dvd player up to the front of the tv so we could watch some movies. Beds were clean and very very comfy. Wi-fi worked really well, so I was on the internet here and there without any problems. Refrigerator was very nice, but worked a little too well as our water and sodas were frozen somewhat. Microwave was a very nice amenity to have since we brought food in from my aunt's bbq this past saturday and we got hungry later on that night. Parking was plentiful and we always felt safe coming in late at night. Waldorf is pretty safe anyway though, so we never really worried about it too much. Tubs were immaculately clean, shower worked great. They forgot to replenish our coffee in the room, but it was our last morning this morning and we were going to Denny's anway, so we didn't bother making a comment. Upon checkout, the lady at the desk was very very nice and asked us to come back soon. She asked us how everything went, and really seemed to want to know, so at least staff seems attentive and caring. I would probably stay here again though. I had a nice time this holiday weekend with my relatives and I love Waldorf!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank Ericas71
Hughsville, MD
Reviewed 30 January 2009

My fiance surprised me with a night away. So we went to Washington DC for the night. Before going to dinner we arrived at the hotel. The front desk staff was excellent very polite and helpful. The breakfast in the morning was wonderful as well. When we arrived at the hotel and went to our room the staff had put rose petals and champange with two glasses in our room.

It made the night even better. I would come back.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank vacation09026