“very unaccomodating bartender!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 February 2014

My husband and I frequent restaurants in Westminster almost nightly, and decided to give legends a try after going there with friends and not being to impressed. We purchased a groupon deal and went for the more expensive knowing full well we were ordering more and spending more than required, however upon seeing the fine print it said we needed to have 4 in our party. We asked the bartender if we could use it, again, knowing that we were going to spend more than 4 people anyway, or turn it into the two $20 vouchers and use it twice, she kept saying NO!!! I asked to speak with the owner as this is a family business, she again said NO, without even attempting to let us speak to someone with more authority........... so needless to say, we will never ever set foot in this establishment that we once frequented 2-3 times a week when it was Time Out and we also know why at 6:30 pm (happy hour/dinner time) there was not ONE patron at the bar!! Groupon was wonderful!! They refunded my $$ with no problem!!

1  Thank f c
Amy F, Owner at Legends Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

I am very sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your experience at our restaurant. I spoke with the bartender that was working when you came in and she did explain that the Groupon was $40 for 4 people. We do offer a Groupon for 2 people for $20. This is clearly stated on the certificates. We would have be happy to redeem it for you for the $20 paid, but that would not have been the most beneficial to you. I certainly do not want to lose a customer over a discount. She was just following the rules that Groupon printed on the certificates. As you mentioned, we are a family owned business and we do take pride in providing quality food and service to all of our guests.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

This was our first time traveling through Westminster, and I had researched Legends beforehand. Our GPS took us to the location, but we couldn't find the restaurant. We asked a local, who informed us that it was no longer there, so we set off in search of the apparent new location. After driving around the huge mall a couple times, we finally found it, tucked in a corner. The hostess was very welcoming and gave us some free popcorn to keep us occupied until our food arrived, which didn't take long. We had huge pulled pork sandwiches, which were excellent. The atmosphere is cool; kind of a poor man's Hard Rock. Definitely will travel this way again and stop at Legends.

Amy F, Owner at Legends Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2014

We are glad you found us too! Thank you for visiting Legends Café and for your kind words. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience and look forward to seeing you again soon. Sincerely, Jim & Amy

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Where to begin. I love this place and dream about the food. I make every excuse possible to travel through Westminster so my business partner and I can eat at Legends. I've been there maybe 40 times now and am never disappointed and so glad my dining partner (who prefers a few chains and mostly diners) loves it here as well. The crab chos are divine as well as anything on the menu made with crabmeat. The ribs are excellent. The burgers are wonderful. I can't say a bad thing about the food. Always the best. We generally dine late early afternoon and the only problem we have ever had was with a waitress with long dark hair who always offers bad service. We look around and hoe to get anyone but her. But even having her for a server wouldn't stop me from going there.

Amy F, Owner at Legends Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Thank you for such a wonderful review! I am happy to hear that you love our food but sorry to hear that your service has not been pleasant when dining with us. Can you please contact me privately with the server's name so this can be addressed. Thanks so much! Amy Fields

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Since I do group travel for our Senior Center this Restaurant was a GREAT find! We had a wonderful New Year's Eve meal for 45 people. The food was very good and the service EXCELLENT! The Owner was MORE than willing to accomodate us in every way! Very well organized too!

aandj2000, Owner at Legends Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Hi Daisy, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review. We thoroughly enjoyed having your group dine with us and look forward to seeing you again!

Amy & Jim

Reviewed 7 June 2013 via mobile

Food is good, service is good, and we enjoy the free popcorn appetizer!! Salads are huge!! Love the sandwich selections!! My fav is "The Wish Sandwich." $1.00

1  Thank Snowycat84