“My stay @Best Western in Westminster, Md” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Westminster Catering & Conference Center

BEST WESTERN Westminster Catering & Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Westminster
Dover, United States
“My stay @Best Western in Westminster, Md”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

I had a very rested, comfortable stay @ Best Western in Westminster, Md. The breakfast was very well presented and plentiful. I totally enjoyed it. I would highly recommend it to all friends and family. The location, service, food, cleanliness and comfort were exceptional. I will definitely visit agin, in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

gmwestminster, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Westminster Catering & Conference Center, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
Good Afternoon,

Thanks for letting us know how much you enjoyed your stay at The Best Western Westminster. It certainly sounds like we did our job and we are delighted!

We appreciate your patronage and value your opinion. Thanks so much for posting your comments for our past, present and future guests to review.

We hope to see you again soon, as we have many updates planned for early fall so be sure to visit!

Best Western Westminster

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

So...this property is a bit of a mixed bag.....not bad and worth your consideration if you are in the area....although I was a bit surprised at the lack of choices.

The Good

Without question, the staff is very friendly and is interested in making your stay more pleasant

The television was very big and appreciated......moreover, a great selection of channels

Free Wi Fi with above average speed

Convenient Local shopping if you are looking to stay in....right across the street is a Pizzeria, a Chinese Take Out (albeit a little scary looking), a Safeway Super Market, and a Liquor Store

Cute Lobby with Coffee Bar

Swimming Pool looked nice, but did not use it

Bed was comfortable...I prefer a more stiff mattress, and not too soft, so this was very good for me

The Not So Good

Had to exchange for new keys on 4 different occasion....I kept them separated from Cell Phone and Credit Cards so that was not it....but if you looked at the lock, it was dusty and old.....New keys never worked on outside doors

Dated Room and Appliances.....Microwave was circa 1984 and barely functional....Fridge only slightly better.....just an old feeling room

Housekeeping was OK, but never replaced Shampoo......and I do not think they were going to clean unless you leave the "Service Please" placard on the door

Remote Control Sleep Timer did not work....for me, this is a problem

Pillows too soft...but that is a personal preference

So I would stay here again and a little more sprucing would go a long way to making a much more desirable property

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your stay at The Best Western Westminster. It is very important to me as well as my staff to hear feedback from our guests. We truly value and appreciate your time; it certainly helps us know what our strengths and weaknesses are. Our goal is to deliver an exceptional experience to all of our guests each and every stay!

We are delighted that our amenities suited your needs during your stay! Every room in our hotel has a flat screen TV; our outdoor pool is most delightful & refreshing.

I appreciate your feedback regarding your keycards, microfridges & Housekeeping. I will certainly look into and address your concerns. I wanted to let you know we will be starting our bathroom renovation in November 2013.

We have many updates planned and cannot wait to start!

Again, thanks for your comments as we certainly appreciate your feedback!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

We recently stayed at the Westminster BW for the Gettysburg 150th and the hotel was excellent. The lobby was large and beautiful. The rooms were very clean and all the staff went out of their way to say hello and were all genuinely friendly and nice. The breakfast was nice and you could take it into their huge lobby. There is an Ihop accross the street but who needs that when you can get free waffles at the BW!! That area of MD is so green and plush. The hotel is surrounded by beautIul fields. I saw a rabbit behind the hotel when we arrived and were unloading. We could park right by our rooms window which was nice. We would definately return there. The manager there is doing a great job. Kudo's to you and your team.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
gmwestminster, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Westminster Catering & Conference Center, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Good Afternoon!

Thank you for staying with us at The Best Western Westminster during your visit to Gettysburg for the 150th celebration. My staff and I take great pride in delivering a great experience! It looks like we made your stay most enjoyable and we are delighted.

We are centrally located to Gettysburg, Baltimore & DC so hopefully in the future you will visit us again.

Many thanks again for posting your review and letting our present, past and future customers know what a great stay you had at The Best Western Westminster.

East Meadow, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

I have rarely stayed at Best Westerns because they are reviewed often as being run of the mill, older properties and often at Hampton Inn prices This place should be their standard bearer and crown jewel. Its a sprawling motel in an attractive setting with relatively large and comfortable rooms. The price for a king bed at 80/night is quite reasonable with the bonus of having a 37in HDTV which serves also as a monitor for a computer included within the room!! Awesome!!.

I needed and requested 2 rooms near the breakfast area due to ambulation issues and it was provided with no problems. The staff is professional and congenial, especially the gal running the breakfast area who worked her tail off to keep things stocked always with congeniality and pleasantness. The breakfast was standard continental and more than adequate.

When I researched the hotel here I was particularly impressed that management took the time and effort to personally respond to those with complaints, suggestions etc. Kudos for that!! More should do it as it reflects a genuine interest in customer satisfaction. For those who read earlier reviews regarding the immortal Sherry at the front desk, asking staff about her produced smirks, head shaking and inglorious comments as they indicated thankfully that she is no longer there.

As said this property should be the standard bearer for the Best Western brand to follow. Wonderfully run and great stay Only minor suggestions would be to replace the " natural" unscented soap that is supplied- yuck!.:), and, the organization of the furniture by the computer. The monitor is located on the wall over the chest of drawers. To work on the surface with the keyboard, a chair had to be pulled over with no place for our legs and blocking passage in front of the bed. Switching the desk with the chest of drawers to be under the monitor would allow for a chair to place underneath, leg room and overall comfort as a work space.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Good Afternoon,

We thank you for staying with us here at The Best Western Westminster and posting your positive & helpful comments in regards to your stay.

From your review; it sounds like we did our job and even exceeded your expectations; so thanks for taking the time to let our past, present & future guests know.

I appreciate your feedback in regards to the computer and furniture it certainly helps me think of better ways to make sure our amenities can be used to the best of there abilities.

Again, I appreciate your time and feedback and we hope to see you again!

Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2013

Staff was friendly and helpful. Rooms are dated and need a face lift, the bathroom counter is low, the wall paper is dated. Our drain in the bathroom clogged and was slow draining. The property was suitable for our stay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
gmwestminster, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Westminster Catering & Conference Center, responded to this review, 11 June 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for posting your feedback!

I greatly appreciate your remarks and concerns. It is very important for us to deliver a great experience to all our guests.

I wanted to inform you that we will be starting renovations in late fall of 2013 in our guest rooms. I can promise you your concerns will be no longer once renovations are complete.

Again, thank you for your feedback and I hope to see you sometime in the future!

San Diego, California, Usa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

Good hotel, nice people, seriously needs an update. Hotel needs to be brought up to modern standards to retain customers and bring in new business. Bathroom counters are way too low, beds are uncomfortable, decor is very dated. Everyone that works there is extremely kind and hard-working. That and the proximity to the work site is the only thing that keeps me coming back.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

gmwestminster, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Westminster Catering & Conference Center, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
Good Afternoon,

Thanks for choosing the Best Western Westminster while you are in town for business. I appreciate your feedback regarding your stay.

I am excited to tell you we are renovating in the winter of 2014! I hope you will keep coming back and look forward to a new look with us!

Again, thanks for sharing your feedback and I will pass on your wonderful comments regarding our employees. We have a great TEAM here at the Best Western Westminster and it shows!

Livonia, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2013

We have stayed at this property twice in the past, the last time being about 9 years ago. And we will stay there again as the location is best for our needs when visiting relatives in the area. It is showing its age, however. The first thing I noticed was that someone tried to repaint the white aluminum exterior doors white with a paint brush, and did not do very well! Stayed two nights early in May 2013. First room assigned we rejected outright as one of the beds was broken, with its head downward in a Trendelenburg position. Immediately moved to another room which was okay, but the toilet handle broke the next morning and as it was Sunday, apparently no one was available to fix it...despite having clear access to the room all day while we were away. So unable to flush the toilet, we moved to yet another room at 11:30 PM upon our return after a long day of touring. All of the rooms had the lowest vanities in the bathrooms I have seen anywhere, ever: Barely 26 inches high! Okay if you are short, but quite a bend for taller folks. Overall cleanliness was good and staff was very helpful/friendly. Minimal selection continental breakfast is included with hard-boiled eggs as the only protein offered. Problems aside, the price was right.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
gmwestminster, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Westminster Catering & Conference Center, responded to this review, 17 May 2013
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Best Western Westminster. It is very important for all of my staff to deliver a great experience to all our guests. I see we fell short and I want you to know I will be using your feedback to discuss and put fourth new policies and procedures so these issues do not happen again.

I really appreciate you giving us another chance and we will certainly look forward to making your stay problem free. 100% guest satisfaction is what we strive for and will certainly do so.

In closing, I want you to know I will absolutely take care of these issues thank you again for bringing them to my attention.

Cammy Hipp
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westminster
Days Inn Westminster
#1 of 4 in Owings Mills
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gettysburg
Hilton Garden Inn Owings Mills
Hyatt Place Baltimore/Owings Mills

Been to BEST WESTERN Westminster Catering & Conference Center? Share your experiences!