“A good place to stay but be sure to confirm reservations”

Best Western Westminster Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Westminster
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I stayed here July 11 and 12 and was pleased with the accommodations. I like the fact that the windows in the rooms actually open so you can get some fresh air, The hotel is in an uncrowded area and has some nice grassy areas where kids can run and play. I did not use the pool but it looked very clean and nice. There is a good ihop restaurant just across the highway.
Only a few negatives, there was no HBO or any premium channel in the TV lineup and the wifi signal in my room was quite weak so I was able to check email but was not able to stream or download a movie.
I was a little surprised when I checked in that they only had me booked for one night when I had reserved two, thankfully there were rooms available but I had a moment of panic there at the check in desk. I suppose that was partly my fault for not confirming my reservation via phone a few days prior to my trip.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
gmwestminster, General Manager at Best Western Westminster Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Good Afternoon Frankie,

Thank you for your feedback as it helps us to reevaluate procedures and make changes!

We are certainly delighted you & your family enjoyed your stay with us. We have a great landscape here at The Best Western Westminster and we are glad you were able to experience all the Best Western Westminster has to offer.

We hope to see you in the future!

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We had our wedding reception at the B/W Westminster, Md. and it was great... We had numerious out-of-town guest and it was prefect. Banquet facilities, room accommadations and food service was wonderful... Great coffee for the next morning hang-over.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Good Afternoon Richard,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor!

It was certainly our pleasure to host your Wedding Reception and we are delighted all of your guests enjoyed their stay. Thank you for taking the time to let our future guests know about our great accommodations and fabulous Banquet staff! s

Thank you in regards to our coffee as a great “cup of Joe” can make everything better!

Congratulations and Best Wishes!

Best Western Westminster

Reviewed 5 July 2014

My family stayed here a few nights early this summer. Rooms were nice and comfortable. Plenty of space. The staff was friendly. It was a nice place and even more so because it allows pet. We will definitely stay again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
gmwestminster, General Manager at Best Western Westminster Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Good Morning Lisa,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor!

We are committed to providing all of our guests with clean, comfortable accommodations. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay! We love over four legged friends and they are always welcome.

We hope to see you in the near future!

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I had made reservations for three nights through the Best Western website and received confirmation; however, the hotel did not get the reservation through their system. After an 8-hour drive from NC, this is not what I wanted to hear. Fortunately, they had a room for our first night and I hoped we could work something out for our other two nights.

After getting our bags to the room and pulling up my emails, I returned to the front desk to show them my confirmation letter. The front desk manager (I think her name was Patty) was very concerned and said she would do her best to accommodate the rest of our stay. Back to the room I went and within 10 minutes, Patty called and said we could stay in our current room for the 3 days. Whew! We were traveling with our 2 1/2 year old grandson and moving to another hotel, if even available, would not have been easy.

We have stayed at this hotel many times as we have family in the area and it is the closest hotel to where they live. It is very handy with having only one car because my husband can walk (10-15 minutes) to his parents home from the hotel and I can use the car to visit other friends.

The breakfast bar was well stocked and the hard boiled eggs were delicious. Most hotels serve rubbery eggs that are inedible but not here. The kitchen staff were very nice.

Not having an elevator made unloading/loading the car a bit of a problem, especially since we had a lot of gear for our grandson. We brought his own pack n play, toys, bedding, etc. The pool was not heated and too cold to use. Our grandson would see the pool and not understand why he couldn't swim in it. It really should be heated. The ice machine in our wing was out of order the entire time and there was a bucket of water nearby that really should not have been there. I don't know if they were waiting for parts to fix it but no work was done on it the entire time we were there.

We will definitely stay here again as it is the best option for us and it is a very clean hotel. The cleaning staff were also friendly.

Good Morning!

I have to start by saying, I am little jealous you are waking up in the lovely state of NC! What a beautiful state to live in.

Thank you for your feedback as it is so very important to us!

I am so glad to hear that Patti worked everything out and you were able to enjoy your visit to Westminster, MD. We appreciate your understanding and thank you for letting our future customers know how much you enjoyed your stay.

We hope to see you during your next visit to Maryland!

Reviewed 4 July 2014

The quality of service and accommodations was excellent. The lack of an elevator to second floor rooms may pose a problem for those not expecting it. They accommodate our request for first floor rooms when we make a note of it upon making the reservations. Vending options could also be improved. However, these are minor matters and it is clearly the best choice in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
gmwestminster, General Manager at Best Western Westminster Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Good Afternoon,

We appreciate your review on Trip Advisor as it helps our future guests to see we are a great choice while visiting Westminster, Md.

My team here at The Best Western strives to deliver a great experience to all our guests and I certainly will share how they impacted your stay. I appreciate you letting me know in regards to the elevator and we will certainly always do our best to accommodate first floor requests.

We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We were here for my son to go to the NFL Camp at Mc Daniel's College and if it was a Marriott closer I would have stayed there this place needs a little TLC it's a little outdated. Even with the lamps and lighting in the room it seemed dark and the carpet needs to be updated as well, the shower lip needs to be a little higher since when your taking a shower there's water outside the shower and you trying your best for the water not to go outside the shower but there's nothing you can do, the little sink and fridge was a plus and they do supply really dishes in the room which was nice. The pool area could be better the pictures they show I thought the pool was big until I got there and it isn't that big at all. The lobby looks like it's from the 70's or something. The breakfast in the morning was nice for my granddaughter who loves bagels with cream cheese the area was nice and clean could be a little bigger area for that. The employees were all so nice and pleasant which was a plus we had to leave a day early since my son hurt his ankle at the camp they were very understanding which was nice but overall the hotel just needs some updating.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Good Afternoon,

I appreciate your feedback as it only helps us continue to strive for bigger and better results.

I am most delighted our staff was pleasant and every so accommodating to make changes to your reservation. We hope your son is recovering well.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you next year!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed at this wonderful hotel in Westminster Maryland for my friends wedding. The room was clean and fresh, micro and frig working properly. Area ways nicely kept, lobby and pool were welcoming. Breakfast was a surprise and delicious. Reception held in the conference center was a delight. Food was presented well and nicely prepared. Staff worked hard and it showed. Really enjoyed the weekend.!

Good Afternoon,

We are delighted you stayed with us to attend Bobbi & Rick's Wedding Reception.

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. We are delighted you enjoyed our outdoor pool, free breakfast, our amenities in our overnight rooms.

Thank you for letting us know it was a job well done!

Many thanks,

Cammy Hipp

Also consider these accommodations in or near Westminster
Days Inn Westminster
Hampton Inn Owings Mills
Hampton Inn Owings Mills
#1 of 5 in Owings Mills
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gettysburg

Been to Best Western Westminster Hotel? Share your experiences!