“comfortable”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Westminster
leesburg, United States
“comfortable”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

decent value for the area, was a little worn but overall experience was good Staff was helpful and courteous. good central location and a very good value compared to staying near Gettysburg which is 20 miles away. Great local restaurants nearby. Easy access to BaltimorE AND WASH. D.C.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

gmwestminster, General Manager at Best Western Westminster Hotel, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Good Afternoon Samuel,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you sometime in the near future. We appreciate you letting our future customers know we are convenient and centrally located to Gettysburg, Baltimore & D.C.

Best Western Westminster

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
salisbury, United States
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We've been staying at this hotel for the past 19 years. Never had a problem before until this trip. We were there for one night, we're unpleased with what we found. We stay at Best Westerns whereever we go. We usually stay at Best Western in Westminster, MD at least 3 to 4 nights when we stay and at least once a year.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

gmwestminster, General Manager at Best Western Westminster Hotel, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Good Afternoon Donna,

I appreciate your feedback and personally want you to know I have taken care of the situation.

We appreciate your business throughout the years and hope in good faith you will give us another chance to make it better.

I would encourage you to call me directly @ 410-857-1907 so we can discuss further.

Again, I appreciate your feedback and hope to speak with you soon!

Sincere regards,

Best Westminster
Doylesburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We needed a room and this was it. We got to our room, opened the door and the smell was very strong. The room smelled like mildew or dampness. The bed was hard as a board and the sheets far from being crisp felt damp and rubbery. The fan in the bathroom was not working. On the positive the room including the bathroom were clean.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Good Afternoon Dee,

I appreciate your feedback as it helps us know areas where we might need to improve. We have experienced many days of over 100 degrees with high humidity so that could be the cause of the dampness you experienced in the air. Air conditions are great but fresh cool/brisk air is always better! I appreciate you letting me know about the fan as I will have maintenance take care of it.

We hope you will give us another chance to make a better impression!

Sincere regards,

Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I stayed here July 11 and 12 and was pleased with the accommodations. I like the fact that the windows in the rooms actually open so you can get some fresh air, The hotel is in an uncrowded area and has some nice grassy areas where kids can run and play. I did not use the pool but it looked very clean and nice. There is a good ihop restaurant just across the highway.
Only a few negatives, there was no HBO or any premium channel in the TV lineup and the wifi signal in my room was quite weak so I was able to check email but was not able to stream or download a movie.
I was a little surprised when I checked in that they only had me booked for one night when I had reserved two, thankfully there were rooms available but I had a moment of panic there at the check in desk. I suppose that was partly my fault for not confirming my reservation via phone a few days prior to my trip.

Good Afternoon Frankie,

Thank you for your feedback as it helps us to reevaluate procedures and make changes!

We are certainly delighted you & your family enjoyed your stay with us. We have a great landscape here at The Best Western Westminster and we are glad you were able to experience all the Best Western Westminster has to offer.

We hope to see you in the future!

westminster, United States
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We had our wedding reception at the B/W Westminster, Md. and it was great... We had numerious out-of-town guest and it was prefect. Banquet facilities, room accommadations and food service was wonderful... Great coffee for the next morning hang-over.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Good Afternoon Richard,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor!

It was certainly our pleasure to host your Wedding Reception and we are delighted all of your guests enjoyed their stay. Thank you for taking the time to let our future guests know about our great accommodations and fabulous Banquet staff! s

Thank you in regards to our coffee as a great “cup of Joe” can make everything better!

Congratulations and Best Wishes!

Keymar, Maryland, United States
Reviewed 5 July 2014

My family stayed here a few nights early this summer. Rooms were nice and comfortable. Plenty of space. The staff was friendly. It was a nice place and even more so because it allows pet. We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

gmwestminster, General Manager at Best Western Westminster Hotel, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Good Morning Lisa,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor!

We are committed to providing all of our guests with clean, comfortable accommodations. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay! We love over four legged friends and they are always welcome.

We hope to see you in the near future!

Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I had made reservations for three nights through the Best Western website and received confirmation; however, the hotel did not get the reservation through their system. After an 8-hour drive from NC, this is not what I wanted to hear. Fortunately, they had a room for our first night and I hoped we could work something out for our other two nights.

After getting our bags to the room and pulling up my emails, I returned to the front desk to show them my confirmation letter. The front desk manager (I think her name was Patty) was very concerned and said she would do her best to accommodate the rest of our stay. Back to the room I went and within 10 minutes, Patty called and said we could stay in our current room for the 3 days. Whew! We were traveling with our 2 1/2 year old grandson and moving to another hotel, if even available, would not have been easy.

We have stayed at this hotel many times as we have family in the area and it is the closest hotel to where they live. It is very handy with having only one car because my husband can walk (10-15 minutes) to his parents home from the hotel and I can use the car to visit other friends.

The breakfast bar was well stocked and the hard boiled eggs were delicious. Most hotels serve rubbery eggs that are inedible but not here. The kitchen staff were very nice.

Not having an elevator made unloading/loading the car a bit of a problem, especially since we had a lot of gear for our grandson. We brought his own pack n play, toys, bedding, etc. The pool was not heated and too cold to use. Our grandson would see the pool and not understand why he couldn't swim in it. It really should be heated. The ice machine in our wing was out of order the entire time and there was a bucket of water nearby that really should not have been there. I don't know if they were waiting for parts to fix it but no work was done on it the entire time we were there.

We will definitely stay here again as it is the best option for us and it is a very clean hotel. The cleaning staff were also friendly.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Good Morning!

I have to start by saying, I am little jealous you are waking up in the lovely state of NC! What a beautiful state to live in.

Thank you for your feedback as it is so very important to us!

I am so glad to hear that Patti worked everything out and you were able to enjoy your visit to Westminster, MD. We appreciate your understanding and thank you for letting our future customers know how much you enjoyed your stay.

We hope to see you during your next visit to Maryland!

Cammy Hipp
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westminster
Days Inn Westminster
#1 of 4 in Owings Mills
Hyatt Place Baltimore/Owings Mills
Hilton Garden Inn Owings Mills
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gettysburg

Been to Best Western Westminster Hotel? Share your experiences!