“Good chinese food”

Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 16 June 2012

My wife and I have been her a couple times. Really good roast duck. Everything we had was tasty...

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Nothing to get excited about here. Very average neighborrhood place. We went to lunch here a few days ago. I ordered Szechwan tofu. It was a large serving, with sauce that seemed bland, like it came from a can. My companion had Shrimp with Broccoli - small shrimp, same bland type of sauce.. No liquior license either.

Reviewed 2 March 2012

Authentic Chinese food at great prices! I haven't dined in so I can not speak to the service but they do a great job with take out.

Reviewed 21 January 2012

My rating is actually 4.5 for food, but extra credit for the local ownership and friendly service.
Roast meats are a specialty, particularly roast pork. The roast duck is also excellent and a nice contrast to Peking Duck found in other restaurants. Try the eggplant dish and clams with black bean sauce. They do not serve alcohol which was an initial disappointment, yet it allowed us to appreciate the food itself even more.

Reviewed 9 August 2011

Since moving to the DC area almost 20 years ago from my hometown of San Francisco, I have had an insatiable quest for good, authentic Chinese food. I have now added Full Key to my very short DC list.

We ordered three selections for lunch from our litmus test list of down-home Cantonese cooking. The beef stew over rice had all the right seasoning with augmented gravy with the chunks of brisket and beef tendon. The only negative sometimes seen in restaurants is that the beef and tendon did not simmer long enough to be fork tender to be a truly great dish. The fresh, tender greens with the dish were excellent.

The beef chow fun (dry fried, of course) was excellent with fresh noodles, tender beef, fresh bean sprouts not overdone, and a light touch on the soy sauce. The balance of flavors and texture was terrific.

The Hong Kong style fried rice with salted fish and chicken was pretty good. The chicken and lettuce were not overcooked lending a texture counterpoint to the soft, seasoned rice. For most people the amount of barely perceptible salted fish is probably okay. I could smell a slight presence of salted fish, but could not taste any. Authentic renditions of this dish possess small chunks of enough salted fish to help flavor the dish, but not overpower the dish given the potency of salted fish. I felt like I was looking for chocolate chips in a chocolate chip cookie lacking this critical ingredient. This dish is a little pricy because the portion is meant to serve 4-6 as part of a larger meal. I give this dish a very good rating for flavor and texture that is slightly downgraded for authenticity that is understandable given the suburban location though most patrons we saw spoke Cantonese (or the chef was going cheap on the salted fish).

The restaurant is somewhat small packing in seating for about 35-40. Service was Chinese-efficient. Staff speaks enough English.

A bonus was the Chinese barbeque available for your meal or to take home. The soy sauce chicken and barbecue pork were excellent. The soy sauce chicken was moist, tender, and not too salty (moist due to soy sauce brining). The barbecue pork had good balance between salty and sweet with a nice shiny glaze. Definitely will bring home a roast duck on my next visit.

2  Thank Oski_Bear_DC