“we left early - very disappointed.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Williamsport
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort Hagerstown
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
“we left early - very disappointed.”
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We were really looking forward to our stay after great recommendations from our extended family that had stayed here 2 years ago. We checked into Cabin #35, a 2-bedroom luxury cabin. It was dirty, but we didn't reaize how filthy it really was until later that evening. I did bring my usual lysol wipes and never mind doing some quick wipes before we settle in. Our cabin ( and I can't speak for the others) looked nothing like the 2-bedroom cabin on the website. There were no curtains or plaid bedspreads. In fact 5 of the window blinds were cracked and broken - not very welcoming. The mattress pads on the beds were full of crumbs. We brought our own sheets (thank goodness) and when making the beds, we found someone clothing under the mattress - so obviously whomever was to clean the cabin missed the bedding! The cabin has a beautiful wood laminate flooring, but it was so filthy dirty that everyones feet were black within the first hour of being there. The table with bench in the kitchen also looked nothing like the picture, and that too was dirty. Again, we don't mind wiping things down when we arrive...........it's a campground for goodness sake - but this place was just not clean and hardly worth $230. per night.

We love camping, and from what I could tell - those in RV's and tents probably fared better, just knowing they were using their own things, and if filthy it was from them and their family having a great time!

Pool was nice and we enjoyed our time there. Mini golf course could use some major work. Cindy's Pavillion was probably nice when you could find something happening there. We tired to attend the advertised "lunch with Cindy" and arrived 15 minutes into it only to find an empty pavillion and no staff in site. Golf Carts alittle expensive, but a favorite with our kids! We enjoyed riding around and seeing all of the neat RV's. The arcade/game room was unstaffed and most of the games were "out of order" and the same with the games in Cindy's Pavillion.

Returning to the cabin in the afternoon of our second day, we decided we just didn't want to spend another night - our choice, but certainly not a hard one to make based on the conditions of our cabin.

Maybe we just stayed at a wrong time of the year, but based on the emails that I continued to receive from them - they were not full. Maybe the cleaners were in a hurry?

Too many other choices for camping fun. We won't be returning.

2 Thank dempsFL3

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Enfield, NH
Reviewed 26 July 2011

Our kids enjoyed themselves and there was a lot for them to do, but the rental cabins were really expensive.. plus they had a per person fee. A little out of price range for most. Tent and RV reservations were more reasonable.

• Stayed July 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 22 July 2011

Before going to Jellystone I had read the reviews and was actually a little nervous about what to expect. I was so pleasantly surprised by the really nice staff. We got there and were greeted at the welcome center. The guy was nice and everything went smoothly. The ranger on the golf cart who escorted us, was very helpful and informative about what to expect.

We stayed in a cabin and it was rustic. I kept thinking that I was thankful not to be in a tent. There were random insects but nothing too bad. I believe bugs belong outside but this is a rustic cabin so it's hard to expect hotel quality.

Being pregnant the beds were not comfortable and they squeaked. Actually, if we come back, I will be bringing WD-40 to de-squeak doors and such. It's hard when you have kids sleeping and you try opening doors to use the bathroom and it squeaks very loudly and you are trying to be quiet and not wake them up.

I felt that the park was clean...free from litter. We spent most of our time at the pool/water slide. It was crowded but that is to be expected during the summer. This place was so family friendly and it was perfect for us. We took a hay ride with Yogi and went on the peddle cars but this was one of the hottest weeks so being outside doing anything but being in the pool wasn't as enjoyable as it would be if it were 20 degrees cooler.

I am very surprised by the ratings that it got. And I talked with a couple different families who come to Jellystone and they were surprised by the ratings. It's a fun park and I would come again next year. If you are thinking about going...I recommend it!

2 Thank alymarie1
Boonsboro, Maryland
Reviewed 20 July 2011

We have been camping at Yogi Bear for 2 years. We love it and have always had a great experience with our stays. We do not participate in the activities, however, our granddaughter visits us and she has a great time. The amenities fee is a little expensive, but the service and safety at the campground outweighs that. I would like to give kudos to the staff for their hard work. The only complaint that I have is... I wish the golf cart rentals weren't so expensive. However, I do understand. One reason we love Yogi Bear so much is because it is close to home and we save on gas money getting there.

1 Thank happycamper21713
Mount Airy, Maryland
Reviewed 14 July 2011

I'm not much on writing reviews, but after this past weekend, felt everyone should know about the lousy attitude and crazy fees this place places on you. First off, I(we) have stayed here numerous times through the years, since way before they had the "new" sections open. Back then, it was a true "camping" experience. I have continued going there because of the amenities for the children, but no more.

As several of the others who have written a review have said, the staff is more concerned about the almighty dollar than the happiness of the campers. I reserved two sites, one for me and one for my brother and his family this past weekend. Once we got there, my brother paid me for his site and I attempted to pay the office for his site and they refused to accept the cash and credit my credit card. I know, not a major issue, but customer service goes a long way.

Then yes, their whole armband thing, I thought they were going to have a nervous breakdown if I pulled through without first attaching it to my person and my family while they watched us. With their rates, they are extremely high, but the hidden cost(s) are the additional $8 per person they sneak in on you, which makes the cost comparable to just getting a nice hotel room. Firewood there is also a joke, $10 for enough to get it started, then what? Keep shelling out the $$$$$$$ if you want to enjoy it.

I could go on and on, as we have stayed there many times through the years, in the summer, as well as for the Halloween weekends, but they won't see us back. If anyone from the campsite reads these reviews, take heed, word spreads and without change on your part, you will never see yourselves filling your new open field section.

My family camps ALOT, but I won't be back to this campground

6 Thank ramblinalong
Laurel, Maryland
Reviewed 11 July 2011

This campground is in a great location, a lot of local sites to see, Antietam National Battlefield, Premium Outlets in Hagerstown, C&O Canal Trust and more. The campground itself is very clean, non-stop activities for the kids, pool with water slides in the summer, mini golf, pedal carts, laser tag, arts and craft center and they usually have some kind of nightly entertainment, a DJ, a band or maybe a family friendly movie. It really is too bad that our recent experience was ruined by nothing more than poor customer service and lack of concern when problems were brought to their attention. They just don’t care. After 3 calls to reservations and 30 minutes on the cabin porch in the rain, a key was finally brought to us. You cannot check-in prior to 3pm..unless you pay an early arrival fee. You cannot check-out after 11am (cabins) unless you pay an early check-out fee. You cannot stay in the “resort” beyond check out, unless you pay a fee. Their rental rates are very expensive, this is a CAMPGROUND after all not a resort hotel,and while they do call themselves a resort, as another reviewer indicated, they really should not. To not allow “guests” use of the “amenities” prior to check- in or after check- out as part of the fee that they are already paying is unheard of in the hospitality industry. I did try to resolve my issues over the phone with management prior to posting this review but as I previously stated, she just didn’t care and offered nothing, not an apology, not even an explanation. If management doesn’t care, I guess you can’t expect your employees to care about the “guests” either. This was not my first visit to this campground. I have been going for many years and unfortunately have experienced this type of poor service, rude employees and just bad customer service before. I have complained before and nothing has changed. The only changes that I’ve seen over the years are the additions of more cabins and campsites so that they can cram more people in and get more money. If you enjoy being nickeled and dimed to death, paying too much to stay in a cabin and treated poorly…this is the place for you!!

Room Tip: We were in cabin 41. Very clean, double bed was comfortable.
6 Thank Kelly S
Annapolis, MD
Reviewed 23 June 2011

I am not a camper - therefore my review is based on that perspective. I rented one of the camper cabins to take my 3 boys out to the woods and experience "camping". We stayed in a cabin on the main road and it felt like a highway at times. The cabin was located in a "dead zone" and I couldn't get logged into the internet. I had to sit in the rain at a picnic table in front of the registration area to get a connection so I could finish up some work. I was miserable. We arrived late on Sunday evening right when the big slides were closing. Therefore we didn't get much use of the "amenities" that day. It rained all Sunday night and Monday was rainy and overcast most of the day. We pretty much were stuck in a little room with only a 13 inch tv to occupy us. The rain did stop by night time and I tried to make a campfire with wood I purchased from the camp store. I think the wood was wet and therefore the only thing that burned was the 2 fire starters I had bought. We were leaving Tuesday and check out time was 11 am. We spent the morning packing and I thought finally we could use some of the "amenities" because it was turning out to be a really nice day. At check out - I asked where was a good spot to I could feed the kids and I was told we had to leave. Supposedly I was only charged 1/2 of the amenity fee for the day and we could not use the facilities anymore. The front desk girl offered Antiem Battlefield as somewhere we could go. Maybe I wouldn't have been so bitter if they really offered decent amenties for the fee. They just had a pool with a big slide - could have gone to Great Wolf Lodge for $200 a night but let you use the pool the day you get there and the whole day you leave.

Room Tip: Don't go - Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank omlig
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamsport
Red Roof Inn Hagerstown - Williamsport, MD
#1 of 21 in Hagerstown
Ramada Plaza Hagerstown
Ramada Plaza Hagerstown
#4 of 21 in Hagerstown

Been to Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort Hagerstown? Share your experiences!