“If you are driving by on I-70, make a side trip here.”
Review of Potomac Family Restaurant - CLOSED

Potomac Family Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“If you are driving by on I-70, make a side trip here.”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

i absolutely love Mediterranean food and if you do too, a stop here will not disappoint you one little bit!

We had three different entrees and none of us could stop gushing about how good the food was. If you like lamb ... oh my, you will not be be able to stop eating it. Oh, and the portions were big. The grilled chicken kabobs were amazing ... crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside and the seasoning, well, I can not say enough! The grilled chicken was also very tasty. I just can not say enough about it.

Amy was our server and she was very friendly and attentive. It was a pleasure to have been at her table. Speaking of this, the restaurant was CLEAN.Really a pleasant place to spend some time dining with family.

I enjoyed the food so much I asked to speak to the chef. It was Mohamed and he told me about what they do. They raise and butcher their own animals. The freshness was clearly evident.

If you are in the area (near Hagerstown), do yourself a favor and stop here. Great food and friendly service in a clean place. I guess that's why I really like these locally owned and operated places.

I will be going back.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Suburban_Gentleman

Clarksville, Maryland
“Gem on the C&O Trail”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Unbelievable! This place was our lunch stop over on the C&A Trail. The service was warm and friendly and inviting. We felt like family being welcomed off the trail. The chef brought us our fried zucchini and squashed and served them with great pride. Very charming...and very good. The baba ganouj was excellent. The tuna in our tuna sandwich was a little chewy, but everything else was soooo good, I went with 5 stars. We took some spinach fatyres to go for the trail. They too were excellent. The waitress was kind enough to bring us extra pita and the chef surprised us with a free serving of Baklava and a sweet bread. We were showered with service. Yeah, the tables do have a weird wrap on them...and yeah, the layout is a bit weird...but, hey...who cares when the food is so good. This is the place to ear in Williamsport.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank SamiSay
Phoenix, AZ
“BBQ Chicken, Pizza and Mediterranean Food????”
Reviewed 28 June 2013

We were visiting family in Williamsport and decided to try this restaurant as we had driven by earlier and it looked pretty quaint. Looks can be deceiving. There were flies everywhere, an awkward layout, tables covered in some kind of clear plastic, and staff that felt that talking about other people and laughing was apparently the best way to spend their time (cleaning anyone????).

We order gyros and I have never had one like this. I had what appeared to be roast beef in a very greasy, fried pita bread. My husband had a sausage gyro, but really it looked the same as my beef one. Both were wrapped in foil and everything fell apart when trying to take a bite.

We ordered "kabbelah", which was a type of breaded minced meat ball with some type of breading and deep fried as an appetizer. This was not at all as expected per their menu description. The tahini sauce was absolutely flavorless.

The "special" advertised on the sidewalk greaseboard was a half of a bbq chicken or 2 slices of pizza with a drink. Odd. Perhaps either of those would have been better than what we ordered.

If travelling again through Williamsport, we will most definitely NOT be dining at Potomac Family Restaurant.

1 Thank kaishouse
Hagerstown, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“fallafel and fries”
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Had the falafel and fries tonight. The fries were plain frozen fries/no taste. no crunch. The falafel was not much better. It was nothing like the falafel I have had in the past. The staff were friendly but I was disappointed.

1 Thank foodreviewmd
California
“AMAZING food in Williamsport”
Reviewed 13 June 2013

So…riding the C&O Towpath we found ourselves in Williamsport for the night. Wandering around this small town, we happened on a restaurant with an intriguing sign outside (see photos). Couldn’t find any reviews on our handy dandy iPhones, but decided to try it anyway. Went inside and immediately wondered if we had made a mistake. The tables were covered with what appeared to be clear contact paper…not sure why as the tables were clearly laminate underneath. Nonetheless, we sat down were greeted by fun, happy waitress (Amy) who answered all of our questions and was very attentive. My friend ordered the Lamb kabsa and I ordered the Chichtawoq (Chicken kebob). We had NO expectations. Then the food arrived and what an amazing sight it was. My chicken kebob was beautifully presented on a bed of rice, with salad, amazing seasoning and clearly with either curry or cumin or saffron – AMAZING after days of fried foods…simply amazing to find this sort of food in such a small town in Maryland. The lamb was equally as well presented and my friend said it was good. Yet another friend ordered the meatloaf – see that picture as well. Whatever this cook did to the mashed potatos was just short of miraculous. Somehow it was molded with a slightly crusted coating…any wonderful! Everything was fresh, beautiful and definitely GOOD. Try it – can’t believe you won’t like it! Oh…and 2 of us ate (chicken and lamb) for $18.00. That is nothing short of ridiculous for the quality of food we received for that price!

1 Thank pvfamily