“Never again!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Williamsport
Mahone Bay
“Never again!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

We stayed last year at this Red Roof and thought it was alright.But this trip was totally different.
I had booked the room several weeks ago and I expected better service than what we received.
When we got in they REFUSED to honor a coupon I had printed off the Hotels Coupon site, the clerk said they would not accept it as I may have made it up myself!!!!! . I requested a room away from the busy front as we have a dog. The room they gave us was musty smelling and dirty. My husband actually found a dead cockroach ( did not tell me until after we left). The security latch was broken off and noise from the overhead room was very loud.
We travel each year to Florida and will not be staying at this Red Roof again

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank bluenose_traveller

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Nebo, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

For a chain motel, this place is good. Friendly staff, rooms are clean. Smoking rooms available. Plenty of towels in the bath and hot water. Cable TV and free Wi-Fi with the room. Staff is very accommodating to hiker-bikers on the canal towpath. Have laundry service on site, will lock up your machine and will let you use the hose to wash it off. Very close to several restaurants, a liquor store and convenience stores. There is taxi and municipal shuttle bus service if you want to go into Hagerstown proper. Several malls with Wal-Mart, Target, and sporting goods stores in the vicinity. There are no grocery stores in Williamsport. If you are active duty military or Veteran, show your ID card and get a great rate.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

Its a fine basic hotel where my dog is welcome. Free coffee, no breakfast but plenty of spots nearby. There are nicer red roofs but there was nothing to complain about. I recommend the business king rooms - for a few $$ more you get a desk, fridge & microwave. Free wifi! Good staff. Easy access to I-70

Room Tip: Business king
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Culpeper
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

The beds were quite small! The staff was nice. The bathroom seemed clean but one shelf in the tub still had leftover soap scum like a lot. The vending machine only had a few selections in it and not very good ones. The price was good for what it was.

Stayed October 2013
Fleetwood, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

I have stayed at this location several times and I have never been disappointed. I make use of the work desk and the wireless internet. The location is convenient right off Rt81. The staff was very friendly and responsive to my questions and needs (Holly was especially helpful). The shower was great. My rooms have always had a microwave and refrigerator. The rooms are clean and comfortable, no frills and have no scent at all (amazing for a hotel). And the price is awesome. I will be back.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Panama City, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

I stayed here previously and gave it an ok rating. Stayed here again because it was halfway between where my friend and I both needed to be. Came in exhausted and went to bed. We were to stay Friday thru Wednesday. Our room was presumably cleaned everyday but Monday. They woke us at 8:30 am everyday, even with the do not disturb sign on the door. I noticed no vacuuming had been done but that was ok. The beds had been made. I always sleep nearest to the door and on the left side of the bed, near the nightstand. My great nephew came back to the hotel with me to pick something up on Tuesday and the bed was unmade. He asked if he could make it for me. I said yes. Then he asked if I had a baby...what? He had found a baby's sock on the right side of the bed and what looked like feces smeared near it! I told him to back away. We contacted management and a man who said he was head manager came and took a picture of it. He asked me why I hadn't noticed and I explained that I only slept on one side of the bed and each day before now, the bed had been made.
He apologized and said he would take something off the bill. I asked that housekeeping come remedy this while we were gone. Explained we would be back that evening. He said he would talk with them right away. We came back at 10:30pm to find NOTHING had been touched in the room. Upon calling the front desk, the best they could do was to offer 15% off our bill for the night and give us a top sheet. We finally just repacked the car and left. We left a message for the head manager who returned my call the next day but apparently just as he was leaving the building. I was driving and returned his call a half hour later and was told he would be in the next day. My friend has contacted the main office and we will see what happens from there.
Considering that they were charging nearly $70 each night, you would think that they could clean the rooms better. Also, not everyone gets up early, so they need to check on the rooms after 10am!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Shelly W
Santa Rosa, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

I had read older unfavorable reviews and almost didn't come... but I found the Red Roof to fit my needs. Clean unscented room, shower/tub, laundry and ice machine .. quiet and great staff...what more? Oh yeah great price for a double...
And we were given rags to wipe down our bikes and after we cleaned them up we stored them inside our room.

Room Tip: Get smoke free, animal free room. Lower floor if you are cyclist...that's what we have... No has...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamsport
Hampton Inn Hagerstown
Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81
SpringHill Suites Hagerstown
SpringHill Suites Hagerstown
#4 of 21 in Hagerstown

Been to Red Roof Inn Hagerstown - Williamsport, MD? Share your experiences!