“Great Surprise / Huge Menu, Good Food”

No photo provided
Cuisines: American
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Warwick Road
Kettering, Ohio
“Great Surprise / Huge Menu, Good Food”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Stopped in the area for gas and ended up having lunch here. Really decent atmosphere with various seating areas. The food was good and served well. I had the special that day; the cream of crab soup. The taste was really primo but there was very little actual crab - it was only miniscule minced pieces. The Cuban sandwich was good and the homemade chips were tasty. Overall, much better experience than running into a franchise type place for a quick bite. The menu actually had so many choices it was hard to decide. The waitress told us there are something like 40 beers on tap also. There are several areas for groups to dine and a very nice area that was more appropriate for a date night.

• Visited February 2014

Woodstock, Maryland, United States
“LATE LUNCH AT PLAYERS EPP”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Stopped at Players after a meeting for drinks & some light fare. We had great appetizers,drinks were fine except my rum & coke was not Capt. Morgan's as I ordered. All seven of us enjoyed our meals. Great for the price. Service was friendly & efficient. Will be going back soon,great
restuarant right in the neighborhood. EPP Woodstock

• Visited January 2014
“Basic but good value”
Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

Two of us had a very casual meal here last evening - pizza and beer.
The quality of the food was basic but wholesome, the veggie pizza a good choice.
The staff were very attentive and nothing seemed to be a problem to them.
The place lacked atmosphere, with very few clients and, by 10pm it was empty.
If you are looking for cheap and cheerful this could be the place.

Visited December 2013
Potomac, Maryland
“Hadn't been here in awhile...and won't be back for awhile.”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

It's been awhile since we've been to this restaurant and probably will be before we're back. Loved this place years ago when it was Mangia's...in a nutshell; food is average, service is average, place is average...reminds me of a Friendly's restaurant without the ice cream.

Visited March 2013
Woodstock, Maryland
“Horrible Service”
Reviewed 18 June 2013

If I could give this restaurant 0 stars I would. The food is good but I have never received worse service. I live less than a mile from Players, have been going there since it opened as "Mangias Italian Grill", but I refuse to ever go back. I was overcharged on my bill and when I uncovered the mistake I was told by the manager that "The menu can be tricky, next time pay better attention." Not only was she wrong, she disrespected me so much by the way she carried herself. It was unprofessional to say the least. This discrepancy was over two dollars so it had nothing to do with the money. It's not that it wasn't good service, it's that is was really, really bad service.

• Visited May 2013