“Great Weekend Getaway”

Ranked #1 of 6 Barnstable B&B and Inns
South Yarmouth, Massachusetts
“Great Weekend Getaway”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

My wife and I spent the first weekend of the new year at the Ashley Manor. We are actually locals who live on Cape Cod and picked Ahsley Manor based on its reputation and after seeing it on a drive down Route 6A. I just want to say that the weekend getaway was everything we could have hoped for. The Inn was perfect and our room (the Queen Charlotte Suite) was fabulous. Vince and Pat were perfect hosts who gave us just the right amount of attention while allowing us to treat the Inn as our home away from home. We are both vegetarians, and Vince created some wonderful three-course breakfasts that catered to our dietary preference. We will definitely recommend the Ashley Manor to our friends and family when they visit us on Cape Cod.

Room Tip: The Queen Charolotte room is on the first floor located right off the living room and is the only ro...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 13 January 2014

My husband and I have stayed here a number of times over the last 28 years. This was our first visit in over 20 years and I wish we hadn't waited so long! Vince and Patricia are the epitome of the perfect innkeepers. We were the only guests there for the weekend (they could have rescheduled us and taken a weekend off) and we were completely pampered! They made great suggestions for dinner, even turned down the bed while we were out. The breakfast was just lovely served in the inn's formal dining room. When we discovered our car battery had died, Vince promptly jumped it and made certain that there wasn't a more involved problem. They felt like old friends by the end of the weekend. Every little detail was thought of...china cups for tea/coffee in your room, spa robes and slippers, a bottle of port and REAL glasses! The décor was so appealing and done in perfect keeping with the inn's history and age. I

Room Tip: Each room is individually decorated. All are lovely and has it's own charm.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 4 January 2014

My husband and I stayed at Ashley Manor to celebrate the New Year and we loved it! Vince and Pat (the owners of the inn) go the extra mile to make their guests feel welcome and at home. The inn is immaculate and has a historical charm to it - it's truly a Cape Cod gem! From the delicious breakfasts to the personal attention and the beautiful and comfortable rooms, Ashley Manor is a place we can't wait to go back to. We hope to spend many more mini-vacations here. Thank you Vince and Pat for a wonderful stay!

Boston
Reviewed 15 December 2013

We had a fabulous time at Ashley Manor. We stayed for two days to celebrate our anniversary. The hosts Vince and Pat gave us a short historical tour of the house which is beautifully decorated. Breakfast was top notch and we met really nice people. The room was fantastic with fireplace and jacuzi, we couldn't have dreamed a better place for our special weekend. We had fun exploring route 6a as there is plenty to see. Love going to the cape off season and having the whole beach to ourselves.

Room Tip: We stayed in the King room which was absolutely great. I would pick that room again, even though I h...
Needham, Massachusetts
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I was fortunate to stay at Ashley Manor while on business for a few days last week. Pat and Vince are such gracious and knowledgeable hosts, and the property is such a delight all-around, that it made my work week seem like I was on vacation! Pat and Vince made fabulous breakfasts, and equally wonderful recommendations for dinner dining in the area. They are also truly dedicated professional innkeepers, and they work tirelessly to ensure a comfortable, first-class experience. The property is very well situated on the Cape, and it's easy to get anywhere on the Cape from there. In fact, now I have to return to that area for work again, and -- you guessed -- I will be staying there once again this coming week. When I texted my wife some pictures of Ashley Manor, she insisted that I take her there... and I will! I highly recommend this property. My wife and I have stayed all over the world on business and pleasure, and this is right up there with the very best of them.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
ashleymanor, Owner at Ashley Manor, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Maury, thank you for this wonderful review. Being so close to all the Barnstable courthouses, we have many businessmen such as you stay at Ashley Manor. Having traveled extensively in the past, I know what I liked when I traveled, a comfortable room, work space, reliable, FREE WiFi and a coffee maker in the room, so thats what we provide. We look forward to your next stay and to meeting your lovely wife. I also enjoyed our conversation around food, its nice to meet another "Foodie"
canada
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I Just recently returned from my first trip to Cape Cod. We stayed in a lovely B and B, the Ashley Manor, with an original portion of the house constructed in 1699, and with upgrades in the mid 1700's. It was so comfortable, warm and relaxing. The Inn keepers, Pat and Vince, couldn't have been more professional and hospitable and they included a wonderful 3 course breakfast every morning.

Our room, had a jacuzzi tub for two, large shower, tv, small refrigerator, bath robes, coffee maker, private bathroom, a fireplace and an amazingly comfortable queen size bed.

Everything was top notch, very clean, and very organized, right down to the smallest detail.

Maps of the local villages and attractions were all available at the Inn as were menus of the many great restaurants nearby. Everything we asked for was at our fingertips, all we had to do was ask. Even complimentary port, brandy and sherry in the cozy library.

If you are looking for a relaxing and welcoming B and B in Cape Cod, be sure to stay at Ashley Manor.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great!
1 Thank furback
ashleymanor, Owner at Ashley Manor, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
It was fun having you both stay with us. As this was your first time at a B&B, we are pleased you had such a good time. Glad you enjoyed the fireplace and jacuzzi tub. We hope you'll continue to make B&B's your first choice when you travel. Pat and I hope to see you again on Cape Cod
Swansea, Massachusetts
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Second stay for us and we were completely satisfied in all aspects. From the comfortable room, working fireplace, and phenomenal breakfasts the inn couldn't have been better. Vince and Pat are exceptional hosts and go out of their way to ensure that everything is first class. We would highly recommend this B&B for anyone traveling to Cape Cod. We are already looking forward to a return visit.

Room Tip: Ashley Suite has a private entrance from the main house. Any room is well appointed.
ashleymanor, Owner at Ashley Manor, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
It was great to see both of you. We are always happy when guest return, it feels like old friends coming back. And to spend this SPECIAL birthday wity us was special for us too. We can't wait to see you again in 2014 Have a Merry Christmas.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barnstable
Anchor In Hotel
#1 of 8 in Yarmouth Port
Lamb and Lion Inn
Lamb and Lion Inn
#2 of 6 in Barnstable

Been to Ashley Manor? Share your experiences!