“Great experience all around.”
Review of Ashley Manor

Ashley Manor
Ranked #1 of 6 Barnstable B&B and Inns
Kingston, Massachusetts
“Great experience all around.”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

My wife and I needed a break from the kids, and some time alone to re-charge our batteries. She booked two nights at Ashley Manor in Barnstable, not too far from home, and thank God she did. We arrived a little late, around 6, and Pat was there to greet us and take us to our room - the Queen Charlotte Suite. Huge room, beautiful bed, fireplace, two person Jacuzzi, stand-up glass shower, flat screen, two recliners, and a chilled bottle of champagne waiting for us. The room, and the whole Inn, were meticulously maintained. Pat and Vince recommended the Dolphin restaurant down the street, which was excellent. Vince cooked up breakfast both mornings and it was nothing short of amazing. We chatted with Pat and Vince and they are wonderful people. They arranged massages for the two of us which were fantastic. We could go on and on about what a great experience Pat and Vince provided, but suffice it to say we highly recommend Ashley Manor.

Room Tip: No pool. Mistakenly hit that button.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Fireplace in the room? Check. Fig scones? Check. Friendly, fastidious, first-rate? Check, check, check.

We couldn't have been more delighted with our stay at Ashley Manor. Pat and Vince are charming hosts and committed innkeepers. The rooms are beautifully appointed and impeccably maintained. Guests can relax in style, browse the library, borrow a book, share a cordial. My colleague and enjoyed our stay so much we rearranged our travel plans to enjoy another night on the way back home. And this was in January. Balmy weather would have been the icing on the cake!

Room Tip: The Canterbury suite is a perfect alternative for those travelling together who need the privacy of...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
South Yarmouth, Massachusetts
Reviewed 14 January 2014

My wife and I spent the first weekend of the new year at the Ashley Manor. We are actually locals who live on Cape Cod and picked Ahsley Manor based on its reputation and after seeing it on a drive down Route 6A. I just want to say that the weekend getaway was everything we could have hoped for. The Inn was perfect and our room (the Queen Charlotte Suite) was fabulous. Vince and Pat were perfect hosts who gave us just the right amount of attention while allowing us to treat the Inn as our home away from home. We are both vegetarians, and Vince created some wonderful three-course breakfasts that catered to our dietary preference. We will definitely recommend the Ashley Manor to our friends and family when they visit us on Cape Cod.

Room Tip: The Queen Charolotte room is on the first floor located right off the living room and is the only ro...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 13 January 2014

My husband and I have stayed here a number of times over the last 28 years. This was our first visit in over 20 years and I wish we hadn't waited so long! Vince and Patricia are the epitome of the perfect innkeepers. We were the only guests there for the weekend (they could have rescheduled us and taken a weekend off) and we were completely pampered! They made great suggestions for dinner, even turned down the bed while we were out. The breakfast was just lovely served in the inn's formal dining room. When we discovered our car battery had died, Vince promptly jumped it and made certain that there wasn't a more involved problem. They felt like old friends by the end of the weekend. Every little detail was thought of...china cups for tea/coffee in your room, spa robes and slippers, a bottle of port and REAL glasses! The décor was so appealing and done in perfect keeping with the inn's history and age. I

Room Tip: Each room is individually decorated. All are lovely and has it's own charm.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 4 January 2014

My husband and I stayed at Ashley Manor to celebrate the New Year and we loved it! Vince and Pat (the owners of the inn) go the extra mile to make their guests feel welcome and at home. The inn is immaculate and has a historical charm to it - it's truly a Cape Cod gem! From the delicious breakfasts to the personal attention and the beautiful and comfortable rooms, Ashley Manor is a place we can't wait to go back to. We hope to spend many more mini-vacations here. Thank you Vince and Pat for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Boston
Reviewed 15 December 2013

We had a fabulous time at Ashley Manor. We stayed for two days to celebrate our anniversary. The hosts Vince and Pat gave us a short historical tour of the house which is beautifully decorated. Breakfast was top notch and we met really nice people. The room was fantastic with fireplace and jacuzi, we couldn't have dreamed a better place for our special weekend. We had fun exploring route 6a as there is plenty to see. Love going to the cape off season and having the whole beach to ourselves.

Room Tip: We stayed in the King room which was absolutely great. I would pick that room again, even though I h...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Needham, Massachusetts
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I was fortunate to stay at Ashley Manor while on business for a few days last week. Pat and Vince are such gracious and knowledgeable hosts, and the property is such a delight all-around, that it made my work week seem like I was on vacation! Pat and Vince made fabulous breakfasts, and equally wonderful recommendations for dinner dining in the area. They are also truly dedicated professional innkeepers, and they work tirelessly to ensure a comfortable, first-class experience. The property is very well situated on the Cape, and it's easy to get anywhere on the Cape from there. In fact, now I have to return to that area for work again, and -- you guessed -- I will be staying there once again this coming week. When I texted my wife some pictures of Ashley Manor, she insisted that I take her there... and I will! I highly recommend this property. My wife and I have stayed all over the world on business and pleasure, and this is right up there with the very best of them.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
ashleymanor, Owner at Ashley Manor, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Maury, thank you for this wonderful review. Being so close to all the Barnstable courthouses, we have many businessmen such as you stay at Ashley Manor. Having traveled extensively in the past, I know what I liked when I traveled, a comfortable room, work space, reliable, FREE WiFi and a coffee maker in the room, so thats what we provide. We look forward to your next stay and to meeting your lovely wife. I also enjoyed our conversation around food, its nice to meet another "Foodie"
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barnstable
Bayside Resort Hotel
#2 of 6 in Barnstable
Liberty Hill Inn
Liberty Hill Inn
#1 of 8 in Yarmouth Port

Been to Ashley Manor? Share your experiences!