“Best Coffee On Cape Cod”

Nirvana Coffee Company
Price range: US$1 - US$10
Cuisines: Cafe
Boston, Massachusetts
“Best Coffee On Cape Cod”
Reviewed 19 March 2013

You want real coffee? I'm not talking about the swill they pass off at Dunkin' Donuts or the charred remains of commodity coffee they serve at Starbucks or the passable cup you'll get at the myriad of bakeries and restaurants around the area.

I'm talking about real flavorful espresso and correctly ground and brewed coffee and Nirvana is the ONLY place on Cape Cod I have found after over 20 years of searching. Their pastry is provided by Pain D'Avingnon up the street and they sell locally made Cape Cod snacks from Cape Cod Potato Chips and Late July.

If someone knows of another genuinely GOOD coffee shop on the Cape, I'd love to hear it. Until then, it's 100% Nirvana for me.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Tim M

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Cape Cod, MA
“Local business, warm atmosphere”
Reviewed 9 December 2012

Good coffee and hot beverages--check business hours before visiting--7 to 4 on weekdays and shortened on weekends.

Visited November 2012
“Quaint oasis of great coffee service and atmosphere”
Reviewed 31 October 2012 via mobile

I found this little cafe across from the courthouse on 6A. It's so nice. Nice food and people and atmosphere. It's the atmosphere that s so refreshing. It's calm and relaxing with quick service. Support local businesses. This one is super.

Dennis, Massachusetts
“Nirvana? Not!”
Reviewed 17 October 2012

My husband and I live on the Cape and stopped in today for a coffee to enjoy on our morning ride. We had never been in and anticipated finding a new favorite place. Well, the staff was matter-of-fact and not welcoming at all. I took one sip of the coffee in the car as we drove away, and did not have any more than that. It was terrible! So weak and watered down - I was shocked. My husband and I finished our morning ride but not our coffees; we dumped them out in the yard when we got home. $4 for 2 cups of yuck.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Mary S
CapeCodCoffeeKing, Owner at Nirvana Coffee Company, responded to this review, 10 November 2012
Hi Thank you for writing your review about my company Nirvana Coffee in Barnstable. I appreciate you taking the time to review Nirvana and am greatly troubled your experience at our company was not satisfactory at any level. I have strived for 4.5 years now to create a truly positive experience at all levels. Clearly we did not perform in this regard on your visit. I would like to ask you to give us another chance...On me. Also, if you ever have a less than positive experience at Nirvana, please give me a call at 206-276-4355 which is my personal line and I would be happy to make it right any way that I can!
best regards,
David Lancaster
Omaha, Nebraska
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great coffee stop”
Reviewed 4 October 2012

Coffee was great, wonderful quaint coffee shop, and friendly people. Easy to get to. What a welcomed site as we are big Starbucks fans and couldn't find a coffee shop for miles. Didn't disappoint.

Visited September 2012