Lamb and Lion Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Rodeway Inn(Hyannis)
View Hotel
All reviewslambhot tubhomemade yogurtthe barncape codb bhappy placesalt water pooloutdoor fireplacedirect access to the poolevery morningother gueststhe hospitality businessbarnstable villagebed and breakfastperfect place to relaxhot breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Last week I was in Barnstable for business and stayed at this outstanding inn tucked away on Route 6A. The courthouse is less than a mile and a half down the road, but once I got to the Lamb and Lion it felt like it was worlds away! The grounds are beautiful with a very cool courtyard pool, hot tub and comfortable poolside furniture. I stayed in Sweet 9 which was amazing and much more than I needed for my short stay. The room was huge, clean and nicely decorated, with a spa-like shower, full fridge, stove, plates, utensils, plates, glassware, etc, with a fan and air-conditioning also. Tom and Ali who run this establishment were very friendly, interesting and extremely helpful in recommending places to eat, things to do etc. You can buy discounted whale watch tickets from the inn office, which was very convenient, and the whale watching is less than a 5 minute drive down the road. Tom even lent me binoculars for the trip which was a nice touch! You are also able to borrow beach chairs, coolers etc. from the inn to bring to any of the nearby beaches. Breakfast was included and was also fantastic, including banana bread, homemade breads, bagels, yogurt with berries, choice of cereals, tea, coffee and orange juice.

Even though I was here on business this trip, I definitely plan on coming back with my wife so she can enjoy this place. I have been coming to the Cape for years, and Tom and Ali recommended terrific places to eat, explore, etc. that I had never heard of. They also include a free typed-up car tour of different parts of the Cape which was a nice touch also. You can even book various message therapies at the inn including swedish, hot stone, etc. I didn't get a chance to try this on this trip but plan on it next time. I would highly recommend this place and you won't be disappointed if you stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 July 2012

Felt compelled to post this from the cottage (hello Wi-Fi)... Just have to say that is is clean, cozy, well-stocked, beautifully decorated, extremely comfortable with plenty of privacy in a great location and is owned by two fabulous and very accommodating humans! I've been in many Cape cottages. Yikes! This one in my favorite by far. I suggest you rent in when we leave. If we do... :)

Room Tip: Cottage is perfect for two!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2012

We returned home yesterday from our first visit to the Cape.I cannot say enough about the very lovely Lamb & Lion Lodging, where we spent 4 wonderful nights with our little dog, Zoey.
from the moment I stepped out of our vehicle,I had the distinct feeling that I was "home".Our host and hostess,Tom and Ali greeted us as if we were old friends.It means a lot to be greeted by your first name.Tom was always right there when we had questions or needed directions. His driving tour sheets took us to places we might never have found on our own.We loved the beach where our Zoey could play in the water.
Ali's special breakfasts were out of this world.Everything was healthy and delicious.I am going to try to make yogurt.Every morning there was a different delight from Ali's oven.I already miss those breakfasts.
There were so many extra touches that made our stay enjoyable that I don't know where to begin. It was great to have use of the community kitchen and to be able to prepare Zoey's home-cooked meals. It was nice that Tom provided a doggie sheet to help protect the fine bedding.Zoey starts her night in her own bed but somehow always ends up curled up next to "Mom". I hope that we didn't leave too many hairs.I brought along my "as seen on tv" schtickys" and tried to clean up after her.
Lair 4 seemed to suit us very well. The bed was so soft and comfortable. We both felt very rested in the morning.Of course the pool and hot tub were very enjoyable.I am not usually a water person but I found myself drawn to the beautiful court yard in the evening and did enjoy both the pool and hot tub.
The Lamb & Lion is in the perfect central location. We were able to take day trips and visit all areas of the Cape. We enjoyed a nice long walk down to Scudders Beach. We did not hike the conservation trails because ticks seem to be attracted to Jim and we didn't want to invite trouble.
I could go on forever about our stay.I hope that we will be able to return again soon.

Room Tip: I can't imagine that any room would not be a good room.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2012

Just a few minutes away from the roar of the Hyannis strip is a relaxing retreat called "The Lamb & Lion Inn". The inn offers solitude or friendly conversation in a warm and inviting environment. Being a pet-friendly establishment is another plus! Our two small dogs were welcomed with open arms and they felt at home as much as we did. We all nestled like little lambs in our spacious and amenity filled room, "The Innkeeper's Pride", before we ventured out to explore the nearby area which is rich with varied activities for all types of couples/families. We will certainly be back again for our yearly pilgrimage! Thank you for your warm hospitality, Tom & Ali!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I was looking for a gay friendly B&B on the Cape...Yours was the 1st one to pop up in my Google search! And we are SO happy it did!! What a beautiful place! The room was perfect! Breakfast delicious! The pool and the hot tub were awesome! Tom and Ali are wonderful hosts! We took Tom's self guided driving tour of the Mid-Cape...we had a blast and saw some things we might have missed otherwise. One of the nicest places we have ever stayed! We will definately stay there again!

Room Tip: Suite 6 opened onto the pool deck....awesome!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple