This is a long overdue review for a place I still think about with great longing. My husband and I stayed here August of 2012 for 4 nights in Sweet 6. Loved absolutely everything about this wonderful place - and I can be kind of picky now that I'm (slightly) out of my backpacker-circuit years.
Tom and Ali really are the excellent hosts other reviewers rave about. Friendly but not in your face, will give excellent recommendations and advice if you want it but are not pushy... the whole vibe is very relaxed and welcoming. Loved the pool, loved the room, loved the home-made yogurt at breakfast. The location is very convenient - everything you could want to do is just a short drive away, although heed Tom's words of caution about which routes to avoid in summer. We had fun with the driving tour Tom and Ali have written up, and we also had a couple of really good day-long bike rides based on Tom's recommendations. This truly is a lovely place to stay. I highly recommend it, and wish I could live there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pool, spa & yoga studio, BBQ facilities, complimentary self-guided driving tours, suites with kitchens & wood-burning fireplaces, walk to beach. "A classic Cape Cod inn and spa with the spirit of a small luxury hotel" ~ Road & Travel. "One of the Top 5 inns on Cape Cod" ~ The Travel Channel. "Best mid-Cape Inn/B&B" ~ Cape Cod Life Magazine. One of the Top 12 pet friendly properties in the World" ~ CNN. One of New England's best destinations" ~ Yankee Magazine ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotel.de, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Evoline ltd and Agoda so you can book your Lamb and Lion Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lamb And Lion Hotel Barnstable
- Lamb And Lion Inn Barnstable, MA - Cape Cod