due to the horrible winter we were having in Plymouth MA., we decided to visit Cape Cod for a weekend. I selected the Lamb and Lion Inn located in Barnstable as it was Mid Cape. They are one of the few hotels and Inns in Massachusetts that still have working fireplaces so I choose the Lion's Den with a working fireplace. Made reservation on line and were constantly updated by the owners Tom and Ali as the check in date approached. Upon arrival we were met by Eileen, one of the staff and escorted to our room. we were shown the spa/yoga room for our massages scheduled for the next day, the breakfast area, hot tub, and library/movie room with a uniques 4 sided fireplace(has to be seen to be believed) Our room was downstairs at the back of the house, and came comlete with a small kitchen, king size bed, sitting area with sofa, and, of course a huge brick fireplace with wood and firestarter all set up. We stayed for two nights and enjoyed the experience from begining to end. Continental breakfast each day included homemade breads and muffins from one of the staff of Jill or Eileen. The Inn also has an outdoor pool and outdoor shower for the summer months. Massages were fantastic as well. The current owners have come from New York City and have spent a lifetime in the hospitality industry owning and running a number of small hotels and inns. It shows in every aspect of the Lamb and Lion. Plenty of excellent restaurants are 10-15 minutes away. The Lamb and Lion is perfectly situated for exploring the Upper and Mid Cape as it is centrally located. We will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 13 fireplaces. Solar-heated, salt water pool with outdoor wood-burning fireplace. Wellness studio with massage rooms, yoga studio, Reiki, readings and transformation coaching. BBQ facilities, complimentary self-guided driving tours, suites with kitchens & wood-burning fireplaces, walk to beach. "A classic Cape Cod inn and spa with the spirit of a small luxury hotel" ~ Road & Travel, 2014 "One of the Top 5 inns on Cape Cod" ~ The Travel Channel, 2015. "Best mid-Cape Inn/B&B" 2008-2016, 9 years! ~ Cape Cod Life. One of the Top 12 pet friendly properties in the World" ~ CNN, 2014. One of New England's best destinations" ~ Yankee Magazine, 2015 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Lamb and Lion Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lamb And Lion Hotel Barnstable
- Lamb And Lion Inn Barnstable, MA - Cape Cod