My daughter and I just made our first trip to the Cape and absolutely loved it! I’m sure we would have enjoyed Cape Cod no matter what, but it would not have been the same if we hadn’t stayed at the Lamb & Lion. The Lamb & Lion and Tom & Alice are what really made our trip SPECIAL! We split our nights between their offsite Yarmouth Port cottage and the Inn and loved them both! It’s tough to say which we liked more – you have “total privacy” at the cozy little cottage – however at the Inn you can get spoiled real quick waking up to Alice’s delicious breakfast assortment. Trust me, if you can’t find something you like from the variety she serves then you must not be hungry – fresh fruits, homemade yogurt, breads, granola and jams just to name a few, plus the special of the day. We highly recommend her gourmet quiche; it is outstanding, as are her Swedish pancakes with loganberries. The pool, hot tub and outdoor shower are other amenities the Inn has to offer, not to mention relaxed atmosphere and casual conversation with other guests and innkeepers if you choose.
The rooms are cozy & comfortable; however what we really enjoyed was the attention to detail given to the furnishings – an eclectic Cape Cod feel with a touch of humor here & there. Read the Lamb & Lion website carefully and you’ll get a taste of their sense of humor. We got a real kick out of their “Go To Your Room” sign and their rather unique Vacancy & No Vacancy signs. Make the trip and you’ll see what I mean. Another plus is the location – Barnstable is centrally located on picturesque route 6A. Around every curve you’ll find another quaint, colorful storybook view – it’s a virtual floral explosion everywhere you look!
The icing on the cake for us was Tom & Alice! If you are lucky enough to stay at the Lamb & Lion and don’t ask them for their complimentary “self-guided driving tours” or for hiking, biking, beach, restaurant, or activity suggestions you don’t know what you’re missing!!! We wouldn’t have had half the FUN we did without their input! We got more bang for our buck and saw more than we ever expected to thanks to Tom & Alice – they are 5 star innkeepers in our book!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 13 fireplaces. Solar-heated, salt water pool with outdoor wood-burning fireplace. Wellness studio with massage rooms, yoga studio, Reiki, readings and transformation coaching. BBQ facilities, complimentary self-guided driving tours, suites with kitchens & wood-burning fireplaces, walk to beach. "A classic Cape Cod inn and spa with the spirit of a small luxury hotel" ~ Road & Travel, 2014 "One of the Top 5 inns on Cape Cod" ~ The Travel Channel, 2015. "Best mid-Cape Inn/B&B" 2008-2016, 9 years! ~ Cape Cod Life. One of the Top 12 pet friendly properties in the World" ~ CNN, 2014. One of New England's best destinations" ~ Yankee Magazine, 2015 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK) and Evoline ltd so you can book your Lamb and Lion Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lamb And Lion Hotel Barnstable
- Lamb And Lion Inn Barnstable, MA - Cape Cod