“The Best EVER”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Barre
Camp Coldbrook Golf and RV Resort
Ashland, Massachusetts
“The Best EVER”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

My husband had an RV and were checking out diffrent camp grounds. I believe we landed at coldbrrok in August for a week end. My husband was so mad with me because I forgot to take silverware, towels exct. lol. The site was big and clean. The people were friendly. The golf course was amazing. the lounge was fun and the people were so friendly, they did not make you feel like an outsider. We met a lot of great people and had a blast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The camp ground manager Arthur and his staff were so great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We loved it so much we became seasonal and traded in the RV for a fifth wheel.
Can not wait to camp this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank lizapizza123

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
South Hadley, Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 October 2013

My wife and I were looking for a new campground to camp nex't year and found Camp Coldbrook on line and decided to go there and check it out.We arrived in the middle of the week so it wasn't too busy.The attendant in the office closed the office to show us around,we found this very helpful and quite unusal,as we have never experienced this at any other campground.The sites were large and well kept up.The 2 pools were clean and there was a large activity room.We decided to book a weekend and we are happy we did.When we arrived the resort manager,Arthur, came out to greet us and led us to our site.Arthur and his staff were all very friendly and helpful.We met a lot of seasonal campers and they were all very friendly.There was a DJ at the lounge that weekend and we enjoyed this very much.We enjoyed the people and the amenities of this campground so much we decided to become seasonal.Arthur showed us several great sites and worked all week to ready the one we chose.We can see how hard they are working to make more improvments and we are looking forward to a nex't year.As far as we're concerned it's the people that make for a nice campground and this campground has an abundance of nice friendly people,it's an added bonus that the campground is clean and the sites are big.We would recommend this campground to everyone.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank Ellen N
Auburn, Massachusetts
Reviewed 17 August 2013

This is our second year at Camp Coldbrook and I would like to say that this is a FINE FAMILY RESORT. My husband and I are full time RV'ers and have been to many campgrounds. When we arrived this year we were escorted by the staff around the campground to see which sites were available. The sites are large with fireplaces, picnic tables and well maintained. The laundry room has five brand new washers and dryers. The staff are all very helpful and friendly. I would like to say KUDOS to Arthur, Jeff, Pete and especially to George for all their hard work. There are two pools which are always immaculate. There is a cabana bar ( with a DJ and daily drink special ) inside the pool area for those adults that would like a beverage while sitting at the pool and a designated smoking area outside the pool fence.There are signs at the entrance of the campground ( for those that can read ) stating that you need to be a registered guest to go beyond that point and guests with pool passes are not granted access to just wander the campground. (some people just can't read). The security at this campground far exceeds the security that we have seen at any other campground. I do strongly recommend that if you come here with children that you, the PARENTS, need to supervise them as this is not the responsibility of the general manager, activity manager or security to babysit your children if you choose to let the go to the pool or the children play areas unattended. The weekends are full of children's planned activities and there is an arcade for the kids. There are family cookouts throughout the summer.

I strongly recommend Camp Coldbrook !!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Lorna S
Newport, Rhode Island
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I brought my family to Coldbrook to spend the day before we decided to bring our RV in and and register for a 3 week stay and possibly become seasonals. Best choice I ever made. We parked outside the gates and payed for a pool pass. The pass allowed us entry to the pools and virtually anywhere else we choose to wander. Which lead to my first question? It appears there is no security if you simply pay access to the pool. That alone made me uneasy as I have 3 children and would not feel comfortable knowing anyone can access the campground. When we had settled at the pool, I was appalled of the fact the clientele at the Cababa Bar were allowed to act as if they were in a two bit honky tonk. The Barkeeper oblivious to the fact of the foul language, and its patrons far more under the influence of Alcohol than acceptable at this family resort? You will notice I keep questioning "Family Resort". To add to this environment, there is a smoking area at the entrance to the pool. Seriously? Bad enough of it's placement but even worse Morgan Staff "break room" also? My opinion is our children should be looking at the Campground Staff as Role Models. They are setting a bad example. I was infuriated seeing some of the Lifeguards and other staff members (wearing the Morgan uniform) including which I'd learned the Campground Manager amongst this cloud of smoke! This Family Resort appears to be on a constant "Spring Break". Especially because they could not stop announcing frozen drink specials. I witnessed the Manager driving a young girl in Morgan Uniform (which I'd learned was the Activities personnel) around the campground in a golf cart announcing drink specials. Yes, again appropriate for this Family Resort? As I'd mentioned earlier, we were granted access to the whole campground by purchasing a pool entry pass. We walked through the campground and questioned why so empty? We did speak to some of the seasonals and heard the same thing over and over, "find another campground". I didn't need to be told this. Just spending the day made it perfectly clear. This is NOT a Family Resort. I would not allow my children to be left alone in this Campground to simply go the it's pools and children play areas. There appears to be no security, management, or agenda. I might also add the Campground is not up to par as far as maintenance and upkeep in general. Spend a day at the pool and you will experience this Family Resort first hand. You'll be glad you did and find yourself at one of the many other fine "Family Resorts" in this beautiful central Massachusetts area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
6 Thank Deak C
Gardner, Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Stayed there recently for a few days with friends and we had a ball!!!!!! All kinds of activities going on including a DJ playing Great songs right by the pool.........People were soooooooo friendly at the tavern,,,had great nite of dancing and laughs........ Felt so comfortable.Can't wait to go back!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Meagin2013
Ashby, Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 July 2013

After we made our reservations I came upon this trip advisor page and was skeptical about staying here. We decided to drive there and check it out before our stay so that it would give us a chance to cancel and rebook elsewhere. We were pleasantly surprised by our visit. Jeff greeted us and personally took us around the camp ground. The pools are huge and clean. The sites are large and spaced out well. We are going to be camping in a motor home so our concern was the low branches and site sizes. We do agree the electrical and water services are a little further away than normal, but if you plan for distance you will be fine. An additional electrical cord and water hose is a must, however, some are closer. It appears a couple sites share the utilities. The golf course looks stunning, very green from our view point. We did move our site out of the wooded area to a more open site only because our motor home is very tall and we were more comfortable with a drive through site. We met the Manager and he took the time to shake our hands and was very friendly. I feel so much better about our up-coming Labor Day weekend stay. The campground is under going major improvements so perhaps these poor reviews are from before they made these changes. I'm glad we didn't judge this campground by it's reviews. I did notice that the girl at the desk was a teenager that took reservations but she was very knowledgeable and knew her job well. I see no problems with staying at Coldbrook. I will let you know after our stay if these review are outdated.

Room Tip: Check out negative reviews before you judge, some times people are just negative with life itself...