“Having Great Time.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Barre
Camp Coldbrook Golf and RV Resort
Reviewed 25 May 2014

This is my 8th year as a seasonal camper at Coldbrook and 2014 is turning out to be the best season yet, Their have many improvement's made under the new management.
The staff is helpful and friendly, I enjoy meeting other campers both seasonal and weekenders.
Coldbrook offers the amenities I want ( wi fi, cable, ) Great fishing in the area, and I own a motorcycle and there is some good riding in this part of Mass, Lots of walking trails both in the campground and nearby. I've stayed at other campgrounds in MA. NH and Maine and Coldbrook
is the best.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jim M

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I should have listened to the reviews for this campground. Disappointed and disgusted. I don’t recommend this campground. My husband and I signed up for a trade show special. 7 nights for $159.00 so we decided to split it over the summer. Our first weekend (opening weekend, band playing etc….) was an extreme disappointment. On arrival, we were met by employees actually leaving for the day. This was 5pm…. She did not have us checking at all. We were told that it is the first weekend open and permanent sites were checking in not transients. She finally spoke with the manager Arthur, who was not on site. We were told that the original site 45 Rose was not ready and we will be at another site. We were stuffed between two seasonal sites….. Also, the tavern will not be opening and the band was not playing this weekend because it was not approved by “corporate”. The store was not opened and to make matters worse while we were checking in there was an employee sitting at the counter smoking a cigarette. Yup, this is for real. After settling in, we were visited by the manager, Arthur, who was apologetic for the tavern not being opened or the band playing etc. but wished us a good stay…. Day 2 did not get much better…….
After walking the park and looking at several sites (shaking our heads in disbelief of the deplorable conditions of the hook ups and the permanent trailers) we hoped to be able to reserve a site for the next two weekends that we booked trying to give this place a second chance. We returned to the office where Alexis was trying to assist several people at the same time. Absolute chaos…… Every time we started speaking, we were interrupted by several people trying to check into their permanent sites….Finally we got to explain to her, uninterrupted, that we would like to reserve sites for our next two visits… One site was already reserved and the other site was a permanent so we could not get either. In the same sentence from Alexis, we were told that they could not guarantee the sites just hook ups…. Really????? Then why is one site reserved… After being extremely disappointed, we were walking about the grounds, and decided to check out the Arcade. Nothing special there…… The tavern was closed. Thank god because there were bees building a nest in the rotted wood (enough where if you approached the door you would probably be swarmed to death) next to the entrance but by looking into the windows, we were able to see that there was trash and empty soda bottles on the bar. It looked like they closed in the fall and no one went back in… I would definitely nominate this place for the TV show Bar Rescue….. No way would I have a beer in there. Also the front part of the building, in the past, was a very beautiful restaurant that we visited many years ago. That was all closed up and on one of the window sills was a dead bird…. All done here….. Left by 8:30am on Sunday Morning, never to return….

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank vikki3165
Reviewed 14 April 2014

My wife and I have stayed at this resort many time when we first started camping 7 years ago. We eventually tried some other resorts and found they had more of the amenities we wanted like cable and internet. For 2014 we decided to give seasonal a try. So last fall we just stopped by to take another look at the resort. I was amazed at how much they've done to make it more of a resort than it was. Arthur the manager was excellent. He showed us around and politely listened to my complaints I had from my previous stays. He assured me that nearly all have been rectified. So we took the leap and signed up for a seasonal at a great site and at a great introductory rate. Before we dropped off the 5th wheel he wanted to do some work to clean it up like cutting back the brush and cutting some tree limbs. When we arrived it was completed as promised. Only time will tell if this will meet my "resort" standards. I hope it will. I only gave it an overall rating of average for now.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank chief253
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We really lucked out when we picked Camp Coldbrook for a 3 day weekend stay. The golf course was small, but perfect for a novice golfer like myself. The pool was huge and clean. One of the coolest things was the little tavern with pool tables and a very good draft beer selection with good prices, too. We never had to leave the campground to have a good time! Pretty park with lots of room to walk around, it was very clean too.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank cbandjr
Reviewed 9 January 2014

My husband had an RV and were checking out diffrent camp grounds. I believe we landed at coldbrrok in August for a week end. My husband was so mad with me because I forgot to take silverware, towels exct. lol. The site was big and clean. The people were friendly. The golf course was amazing. the lounge was fun and the people were so friendly, they did not make you feel like an outsider. We met a lot of great people and had a blast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The camp ground manager Arthur and his staff were so great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We loved it so much we became seasonal and traded in the RV for a fifth wheel.
Can not wait to camp this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank lizapizza123
Reviewed 7 October 2013

My wife and I were looking for a new campground to camp nex't year and found Camp Coldbrook on line and decided to go there and check it out.We arrived in the middle of the week so it wasn't too busy.The attendant in the office closed the office to show us around,we found this very helpful and quite unusal,as we have never experienced this at any other campground.The sites were large and well kept up.The 2 pools were clean and there was a large activity room.We decided to book a weekend and we are happy we did.When we arrived the resort manager,Arthur, came out to greet us and led us to our site.Arthur and his staff were all very friendly and helpful.We met a lot of seasonal campers and they were all very friendly.There was a DJ at the lounge that weekend and we enjoyed this very much.We enjoyed the people and the amenities of this campground so much we decided to become seasonal.Arthur showed us several great sites and worked all week to ready the one we chose.We can see how hard they are working to make more improvments and we are looking forward to a nex't year.As far as we're concerned it's the people that make for a nice campground and this campground has an abundance of nice friendly people,it's an added bonus that the campground is clean and the sites are big.We would recommend this campground to everyone.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank Ellen N
Reviewed 17 August 2013

This is our second year at Camp Coldbrook and I would like to say that this is a FINE FAMILY RESORT. My husband and I are full time RV'ers and have been to many campgrounds. When we arrived this year we were escorted by the staff around the campground to see which sites were available. The sites are large with fireplaces, picnic tables and well maintained. The laundry room has five brand new washers and dryers. The staff are all very helpful and friendly. I would like to say KUDOS to Arthur, Jeff, Pete and especially to George for all their hard work. There are two pools which are always immaculate. There is a cabana bar ( with a DJ and daily drink special ) inside the pool area for those adults that would like a beverage while sitting at the pool and a designated smoking area outside the pool fence.There are signs at the entrance of the campground ( for those that can read ) stating that you need to be a registered guest to go beyond that point and guests with pool passes are not granted access to just wander the campground. (some people just can't read). The security at this campground far exceeds the security that we have seen at any other campground. I do strongly recommend that if you come here with children that you, the PARENTS, need to supervise them as this is not the responsibility of the general manager, activity manager or security to babysit your children if you choose to let the go to the pool or the children play areas unattended. The weekends are full of children's planned activities and there is an arcade for the kids. There are family cookouts throughout the summer.

I strongly recommend Camp Coldbrook !!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Lorna S

Been to Camp Coldbrook Golf and RV Resort? Share your experiences!