“Highly recommended - from first time campers!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Barre
Camp Coldbrook Golf and RV Resort
Erving, Massachusetts
“Highly recommended - from first time campers!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

We are first time campers. We just bought a "new to us" travel trailer, and I was looking on line for a place to go that wasn't to far from home in case we needed to head back for any unforeseen reason. I found Coldbrook on line, and after a quick Google search of the campground I had already learned about the music festival the prior reviewer mentioned. It was on a different weekend than we were planning, so we decided to reserve. Boy am I glad that we did!!

First of all, the place is so big! We pulled in, and not being sure what to do just stopped at the gate and ran in to ask where we should be going. The two girls I spoke with were so sweet, and they called Arthur the manager to come greet us. Again, being our first time, we had a LOT of questions. What we didn't realize is that we were blocking the only driveway in, and a few of the seasonals were waiting to get in. They were SO NICE to us, not grumpy at all about waiting. One of them even invited us to join in a horseshoe tournament the next day that the seasonals hold every Saturday.

Arthur was great. When I called to reserve, you get a main reservation line for Morgan Campgrounds, not someone at Coldbrook. He immediately asked us a few questions (if we have kids, are we looking for a very quiet area or some nightlife, etc.) and moved our site based on what we had told him. He escorted us to our site, and offers to help us set up. We immediately discovered we had the wrong power adapter (you need a 50amp one) and thought we were sunk. Nope! He took off on his golf cart, and came back with a maintenance man and an adapter for us to borrow for the weekend. We also realized we forgot our level. He zips away and comes back with an employee and a level, and instructs the employee to stay with us until we are all set up and level, etc. in case we need anything! That's 5 star concierge level service in a campground if you ask me! He even came by an hour or so later to make sure we had everything we needed.

Everyone was so friendly! We ended up meeting so many people, and everyone welcomed us. We ended up going for a short walk after dinner Friday night and didn't come back for hours! Saturday we played horseshoes, and even got into a game of poker!

The golf course was much more than I expected. It's a par 3, and the longest hole was about 170yards. It was a challenging course with some narrow fairways and water hazards. You can't bring carts on the course, so plan on carrying your clubs or bringing a pull cart. Although we brought our clubs, when we mentioned golf when we arrived Arthur told us he had clubs we could borrow and even offered to give us some balls.

The pool is enormous! It was clean and the area around it was nice. You can bring a cooler to the pool area (no glass) and they also have a tiki bar. They have a DJ at the pool on Saturdays, and then the DJ moves to the tavern at night for Karaoke.,

There is a playground for kids, and a basketball court. They also have activities like pool games and arts and crafts on weekends. They have an arcade, but the games are outdated. On the plus side, they still take quarters though, not $1 per game like some other arcades!

I know that I can't compare this to other campgrounds, but what I can say is that we booked another weekend before we left. It was everything we expected and more. We enjoyed our weekend so much, it was difficult to leave. I can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Jennifer C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We have been seasonal here for 5 seasons....although there have been some unanticipated turnover in management teams, Atrhur and his crew now are WONDERFUL! We love our spot nestled in the back of the campground. We enjoy the pool area and the peace and quiet of the woods. Yes we have camped at more " luxurious" places, but we also paid much more for those luxuries... The facilities are as clean as one should expect a camp bathhouse to be... It's camping after all! This is our home away from home and the place where my family decompresses and reconnects after busy " life " weeks :)

• Stayed June 2014
5 Thank AimeeSJ
Worcester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

I've been to Coldbrook many times before but my last stay was the best. The improvements that they have done are great. Everyone that works there are just so friendly and helpful. Even though I've been there before and I always stay on the same site, every time I check in they always escort me down to my site and help guide my trailer in. Keep up the good work Coldbrook and I can't wait to come back.

Stayed June 2014
6 Thank Crackerjack21
Worcester, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

I had previously written a positive review, we have been at Coldbrook for years. The crew on site at the time we started was so helpful. But now something has happened.. Any question or need is struck down and eyes roll for the smallest request. The employees drive by and do not even wave,the whole feel of the place is just negative and surly. I purchase firewood, and eyes roll. I am paying for firewood and ice!! The sites are in horrible shape, leaves everywhere. Grass growing 12"+ high in open sites. Mosquitoes are unbearable because there is still standing water everywhere - in areas that could be immediately tied to streams and channels that move it away.
The only time we see the staff working is when they are helping out their buddies move into the vacant trailers.
it too bad, a couple of us are looking a couple miles away at a different place. This is sad, we've been here for years. the attitude is just declining and no one is happy anymore.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank donwon1
Templeton, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I have never felt the need to write a review of a campground, but that was before I went to Camp Coldbrook. I have visited many good and bad campgrounds over the years but this place was by far the worst campground we have ever visited! We found out about Camp Coldbrook at one of the RV shows and signed up for a 7 night promotion. On arrival we were met by a group of stoners at the end of the driveway. Lo and behold and to our surprise the camp was hosting Disc Jam Festival (http://www.discjammusicfestival.com/). In other words, picture about 1500 pot smoking hippies dancing and doing other non" family campground" like activities. The campground called us the day before to verify our reservation and never mentioned this festival was going on. We also again stated that we had two small children with us. While checking in we were told that we would be in the quite part of the campground. So after about a 15 minute check in due to all the festival goers cutting in, we are taken to our site. While driving through the campground it was clear that this place was right out of 1970. It just looked so run down and dirty. The site was not clean and the hook ups was approximately 30 feet away. Our sewer hookup wasn’t even on our site and was completely blocked up. It ran into the next site which was our friend’s site that camped with us. I had to borrow a 30 amp extension cord because of how far away the hookup was. The music was so loud we could barely hear our radio in our camper. The music ran from about 8am to about 3am. Yeah, all night long!! We decided that the next day we would try and make the best of a bad situation and went for the day to the pool. We entered the pool area and find out that it’s the VIP area for all the bands and event people. There is a DJ playing rave/techno music so loud I can still hear it. So here I am with two small children in the wading pool and here comes about 5 hippies in their underwear and smoking pot in the general vicinity of my kids. Let’s say I wasn’t very happy!! After that, I was all done with this place. The staff just couldn’t comprehend why we were so upset and kept telling us they would comp us another weekend if we wanted and it really was a “Family Campground”. As they are telling us this three ambulances are pulling out with overdoses hippies in them. It began to become evident that they were making more money with the festival and the paying campers were an acceptable loss. Even if this festival wasn’t going on the campground is dirty, outdated, and absolutely NOT a family camping resort. I beg you not to give this campground your time or money no matter what kind of deal they try and give you. This place is the biggest dump and a waste of time!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
16 Thank Chris M
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

This is my third year as a seasonal camper here at Coldbrook. The last two years have been amazing, so much work has been done to make this campground better than it used to be. Now that the season is in full swing, the pools have been painted and are open, the tavern is open with entertainment, golf course looks great and I am going to try and learn to play this year. Arthur and his team did a fantastic job this past winter, they cut down over 100 trees to make the sites wider, allow sun without sacrificing shade, and make the campground look nicer. One of the bathhouses had a major overhaul and looks great. there is a new jukebox at the tavern with a great speaker system for the tavern and the outside deck. This new jukebox is connected to the internet and allows you to search any song you can think of and play it with a great BOSE sound system. One thing that cannot be denied is the hard work that Arthur, George O, George T, Chris, Pete, Alexis, Becky and the rest of the team are doing. Each member of the team is always willing to make the camping experience better for the campers.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank FirsttimeVegas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

This was my families first time checking out ColdBrook, we went in not knowing what to expect. The campground is classic old school camping with beautiful large wooden sites and lots of nature for the children to explore in. The weekend activities were enjoyable by children and parents. My only two "complaints" would be we needed a lot of extra hose and electrical cords to reach our camper but the staff had no problem loaning us those items for the weekend and my other complaint would be the playground needs to be upgraded. Overall this is a great little place close to home that we would definitely come back to for a weekend getaway!

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank CCcmk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barre
Colonial Hotel
Colonial Hotel
#1 of 2 in Gardner
The Jenkins Inn & Restaurant
Great Wolf Lodge New England
Rodeway Inn Westminster
Rodeway Inn Westminster
#1 of 1 in Westminster

Been to Camp Coldbrook Golf and RV Resort? Share your experiences!