The Becket Motel
US$353
US$81
US$79
Priceline
Cranwell Spa & Golf Resort(Lenox)(Great Value!)
US$264
US$200
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 October 2012

Hotel is unclean, buggy and out of the way. There was virtually no sound insulation between rooms, and we had drunks on both side of us. In fact this motel seemed to be a favorite stop for the substance-impaired . The bed cover had obviously not been washed in recent memory, and we itched for a couple of days after leaving. Marginal is probably too weak a word - just don't risk this place.

Room Tip: In a different motel.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 August 2011

I stayed 2 nights at the Becket Motel while attending a wedding in the Berkshires. I selected this motel because of its proximity to the wedding venue and because they advertise that they are pet friendly. I have never stayed at a motel before and expected simple accommodations. The Becket Motel provided exactly that: Simple accommodations. The room was a reasonable size and the décor and amenities were Spartan. The motel neither exceeded nor fell below our expectations. It was quiet, clean, and convenient.

There were a couple procedural things that were slightly confusing. When you make a reservation you are given a room number that you should be sure to note at the time of booking. There are no reservation emails generated, no receipts for your payment, etc. When you arrive you simply walk into your assigned room and grab your key. There is no check-in or reception desk at a main office.

The motel brochure states that they are pet friendly. This is actually not the case. I learned this the week before our arrival when I called to confirm our reservation. A staff person explained that they haven’t been pet friendly for a few years and that their website was out of date. This caused some stress and inconvenience. I was unable to find alternative accommodations and after explaining this to the motel they agreed to honor their marketing materials, although this still required some strong encouragement on my part.

All in all it was a rather unremarkable stay. Given the pet policy headache, that it’s not an extraordinary value, and our preference for more communication (like a reservation confirmation) it’s not likely we’d stay again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Anne C
Reviewed 5 August 2011

Basic, inexpensive motel. Clean, friendly. Good bed, air conditioning works well, working 1/2 height refrigerator, new microwave oven. New carpeting, basic furniture. Free working Wi-fi. Plentiful hot water on demand, so that it may take a minute or two for hot water. Nice but small pool, which we didn't us.

We wanted a motel near our grandsons' summer camp and this served us fine. Notice that I emphasized that everything worked. Many places claim to have many amenities, which upon check in do not work

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank nbsnyc
Reviewed 21 May 2011

loved the rooms and the motel setting. I was travelling alone and I felt very safe and comfortable. New management was helpful in guiding me to local restaurants and area attractions
highly recommend the motel

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank pioneer723
Reviewed 14 January 2011

I saw the somewhat odd owner going into people's rooms as soon as they drove out for dinner or to go to an event. The atmosphere at the place was strange and a little scary. I would really warn people to keep going to Lee or Lenox for a far safer, more pleasant experience.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business