“Lovely hotel in a beautiful area.”

DoubleTree Hotel Boston/Bedford Glen
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Bedford
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 25 March 2013

The staff in this hotel is very eager to help. I stayed here with family for the weekend, and it was nice and quite, and so close to the Burlington Mall, and a 30 min commute to Downtown Boston. The restaurant Bistro 44 that they have on site has an awesome menu, and the food is worth every penny. I had their BLT on baguette bread and added some pesto to it and it hit the spot. The breakfast eggs benedict was terrific as well. Wifi connection was great, and this is definetly a great family or corporate travel hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
lynne_luongo, General Manager at DoubleTree Hotel Boston/Bedford Glen, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2013

Thanks for the great review! Please come see us again.

Reviewed 24 March 2013

My daughter and I, and my daughter's teammate/friend, stayed here for three nights in January 2013 as part of a large group in town for an athletic competition in nearby Lowell. Clearly this hotel is a large property in a wooded area, and it wants to be a convention hotel. However, the place had difficulty with some very basic elements of catering to a large group, all in for the same event.

First problem--virtually our entire group was arriving and checking in at the same time on a Thursday night. Even a novice group planner could have projected that there would be dozens of people arriving just at or after dinnertime, who would be looking for a meal at the hotel. In fact, this is an OPPORTUNITY for the hotel to make some money on food/beverage. Instead, the hotel restaurant was understaffed and unprepared for the numbers of people who descended upon it. People ended up waiting hours to eat. It was a debacle. And mind you, this hotel isn't located in a busy area with lots of other dining options.

Things weren't much better, and in fact were worse, the next morning for breakfast. I anticipated that the place would be busy for breakfast--it was obvious that this large group would all be heading over to Lowell early and would want breakfast at the same time. I tried calling room service in advance, the night before, to get my order in so that they could prepare and be ready the next day. What did the hotel tell me? Um, no one was there to take the order in advance. I was just to call the next morning or hang the tag on my door (the tag didn't offer the options my group wanted). You can imagine what it was like the next morning trying to get even the most basic breakfast delivered while our athletes were preparing. I know that some in our group never received their breakfast at all; even with multiple calls. Our breakfast was very late, and we almost didn't make our call time. I heard the restaurant was overwhelmed as well, just like the night before. We kept being told that they were shortstaffed--well then they need to hire more staff or call folks in, especially if they are trying to serve a large group.

Again, it would not have been difficult for the sales team to have coordinated in advance with our group and have been prepared to meet our needs. And in fact, the hotel could have made money on the food/beverage, and they clearly left that on the table.

Other issues: the rooms are small. Surprisingly small, considering the size of the property. And the walls are thin. We had a room next to the elevator, and I heard that thing revving up and moving up and down all night long. I heard from another parent that she was able to hear everything that was going on the the rooms all along her hall the entire stay as well.

Otherwise, the place was just okay. There was ample parking and the front desk was average. (I had to ask for a cookie; my daughter really wanted one.) Seemed clean enough. All in all, just okay. I wouldn't seek the place out next time.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sarahste

Well, we clearly dropped the ball on this group in January. I will need to address this size of a weekend group and how we can have better communication between our sales and planning teams. We are a business transient hotel, so the vast majority of our business is individual travelers and we were obviously not prepared for dealing with this situation. I greatly appreciate your details as this will help me to address each area in which we failed. I am sorry for your experience, this is not the level of service that we generally deliver.

Reviewed 15 March 2013

This hotel is in a great location --> easy to get to as long as you have a car. The rooms are clean, and have a good, functional layout especially for my business trip. The beds are very comfortable. The gym, pool, and hot tub are one of the better ones that I have used in a hotel. There are even enough sidewalks with trees around the hotel to have a nice walk outside if you prefer. The restaurant and bar in the hotel is decent. Plenty of parking. I would give this hotel 5 circles except last night about 1am, I heard my neighbors through the wall. This newer built hotel should have spent a tad bit more money, and put a little bit of sound proofing in the walls. They cannot change that now, so pick your room location wisely, and I cannot give you much advice on that.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Rachelf277

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate the detail. Our hotel is 30 years old, and you are right, newer properties do have better soundproofing generally speaking. We are working on a mitigation using white noise, which we hope will help in future. Depending on how light a sleeper you are, I believe that this could help.
Thanks again!

Reviewed 14 March 2013

I have stayed in this Doubletree for business many times. I usually pay $99 and for that price it can't be beat! It's convenient for my business needs as well as the mall, a few restaurants, etc. I enjoy their bar/lounge area. I'll be back!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Thanks for being a loyal guest, I appreciate your business!

Reviewed 4 March 2013

Stya here regularly. They have made several upgrades to their amenities and services over the past year. The staff have been consistently friendly and focused on a great customer experience, I recommend them highly.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Kurt C
lynne_luongo, General Manager at DoubleTree Hotel Boston/Bedford Glen, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2013

Thank you! I am so glad that you have noticed our renovations! Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 26 February 2013

Great hotel recently remodeled and clean - nice fitness center and pool, good dining option on property but also close the the Burlington Mall (5 minutes) for shopping and other dining options.

Property is clean and well run - pool is great for family time and main lobby provides free Wii connections to play games.....great value for the money

Room Tip: if using the pool ask to be placed in a room close by as the halls are long
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank chris b
lynne_luongo, General Manager at DoubleTree Hotel Boston/Bedford Glen, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2013

Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 25 February 2013

This Doubletree Hotel located in the Bedford area is a decent hotel. The best part of this hotel is the friendly service of the staff and the warm signature chocolate chip cookies that greet you when you check in. The rooms are nice, but the air conditioner/heater are wall units that can be a bit noisy. The price is rather good for this hotel but be prepared for a bit of a hike to your room if you don't call ahead and ask for one that isn't too far from the elevators. This hotel is low rise due to the nearby air force base (no noise from that though). This is a pretty hotel in Spring with lots of lovely pink flowing trees. This is a fine hotel, but is not fancy. It was a shame to see that the Starbucks is no longer there - they replaced it with a pizza place. The main focus of this hotel is the business traveller. For returning guests do note that they have changed the road that you take to get to this hotel. The change is so new, your GPS may not be able to get you there.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not too far a walk but not right beside the elevators.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank OntarioSoftwareMgr

Thank you for the review and noting the road difference. This may affect you if you are coming from the direction of Burlington Mall. The main key is to stay straight on Middlesex Turnpike and not take the extension as you would have in the past. Thank you for mentioning my staff and service. They are exemplary! We hope to see you again.
Lynne

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
Hampton Inn Boston Bedford Burlington
Boston Marriott Burlington
Boston Marriott Burlington
#4 of 8 in Burlington
Courtyard Boston Billerica/Bedford

Been to DoubleTree Hotel Boston/Bedford Glen? Share your experiences!