“Great place to stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Brooklyn, New York
“Great place to stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2013 via mobile

I would definitely recommend staying here! i found the staff extremely friendly and accommodating! I stayed March 25th and checked in after 9. Because of the construction in the area I expected a less than great reception, however the staff was awesome!! He even took the time to help me out with questions I had with directions in the area!! Had a slight problem with the toiletries in my room, however the problem was handled very quickly!! The room was very clean and comfortable and I would definitely recommend; although not at the rate I booked at. I thought it was a bit pricier than other Double Trees I've been too, I would not stay again at the rate of $170!
**The halls are extremely long, if staying on the 2nd floor (which is the entry level) steer clear of the banquet area!! Very noisy) somewhere around room 2111**

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
lynne_luongo, General Manager at DoubleTree Hotel Boston/Bedford Glen, responded to this review, 5 April 2013
Thanks for your great review and the compliments on my staff. They are wonderful!
Lynne

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2013

We booked through a 3rd party, and arrived after dark. I expected ordinary, but received much more. I self parked and hauled in my own luggage to check it. Lobby was spacious attractive. Front desk staff was pleasant. Two warm cookies - that was nice! The room was an extraordinary long walk. I mean LONG, down winding hallways. When we arrived at room 3096, we were so pleasantly surprised at how well maintained and decorated this property was. Heating and a/c worked well. Bathroom was spacious. Hot shower - just perfect. Mini fridge in the room. Internet worked seamlessly. It was quiet in our end of the hotel - and just perfect for a good night's sleep. Wake up call was timely, too. We had the hot buffet breakfast in the hotel due to a time restriction on our behalf. Pricey ($40 for two with tip), not extraordinary, but very convenient. The restaurant staff was friendly and efficient, I noticed upon arriavl that this property said it was a 'Destinations Hotel and Resort' property. That surprised me. Turns out it is a new designation --- and while this property was really nice, I'm not sure it lives up to the reputation at that calibre, yet. But then again, we arrived at night and stayed only about 12 hours, so my assessment is definitely not thorough. There are tennis courts, work out room, pool, etc. All in all 281 rooms, I believe. There are many, many good restaurants nearby, as well as the huge Burlington Mall with nice stores. Would I go back? Yes, definitely. I enjoyed staying there a lot.

Room Tip: Ask about the distance to the room.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your review! We are indeed managed by Destination Hotels and Resorts. DH&R has a broad portfolio of properties, several of which are suburban such as ours. What you will find consistently in our portfolio is a high level of quality service, even though the physical plant can be varied. Thanks and I hope to see you again.
South Burlington, Vermont
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

The staff in this hotel is very eager to help. I stayed here with family for the weekend, and it was nice and quite, and so close to the Burlington Mall, and a 30 min commute to Downtown Boston. The restaurant Bistro 44 that they have on site has an awesome menu, and the food is worth every penny. I had their BLT on baguette bread and added some pesto to it and it hit the spot. The breakfast eggs benedict was terrific as well. Wifi connection was great, and this is definetly a great family or corporate travel hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
lynne_luongo, General Manager at DoubleTree Hotel Boston/Bedford Glen, responded to this review, 26 March 2013
Thanks for the great review! Please come see us again.
Silver Spring, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2013

My daughter and I, and my daughter's teammate/friend, stayed here for three nights in January 2013 as part of a large group in town for an athletic competition in nearby Lowell. Clearly this hotel is a large property in a wooded area, and it wants to be a convention hotel. However, the place had difficulty with some very basic elements of catering to a large group, all in for the same event.

First problem--virtually our entire group was arriving and checking in at the same time on a Thursday night. Even a novice group planner could have projected that there would be dozens of people arriving just at or after dinnertime, who would be looking for a meal at the hotel. In fact, this is an OPPORTUNITY for the hotel to make some money on food/beverage. Instead, the hotel restaurant was understaffed and unprepared for the numbers of people who descended upon it. People ended up waiting hours to eat. It was a debacle. And mind you, this hotel isn't located in a busy area with lots of other dining options.

Things weren't much better, and in fact were worse, the next morning for breakfast. I anticipated that the place would be busy for breakfast--it was obvious that this large group would all be heading over to Lowell early and would want breakfast at the same time. I tried calling room service in advance, the night before, to get my order in so that they could prepare and be ready the next day. What did the hotel tell me? Um, no one was there to take the order in advance. I was just to call the next morning or hang the tag on my door (the tag didn't offer the options my group wanted). You can imagine what it was like the next morning trying to get even the most basic breakfast delivered while our athletes were preparing. I know that some in our group never received their breakfast at all; even with multiple calls. Our breakfast was very late, and we almost didn't make our call time. I heard the restaurant was overwhelmed as well, just like the night before. We kept being told that they were shortstaffed--well then they need to hire more staff or call folks in, especially if they are trying to serve a large group.

Again, it would not have been difficult for the sales team to have coordinated in advance with our group and have been prepared to meet our needs. And in fact, the hotel could have made money on the food/beverage, and they clearly left that on the table.

Other issues: the rooms are small. Surprisingly small, considering the size of the property. And the walls are thin. We had a room next to the elevator, and I heard that thing revving up and moving up and down all night long. I heard from another parent that she was able to hear everything that was going on the the rooms all along her hall the entire stay as well.

Otherwise, the place was just okay. There was ample parking and the front desk was average. (I had to ask for a cookie; my daughter really wanted one.) Seemed clean enough. All in all, just okay. I wouldn't seek the place out next time.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sarahste
Well, we clearly dropped the ball on this group in January. I will need to address this size of a weekend group and how we can have better communication between our sales and planning teams. We are a business transient hotel, so the vast majority of our business is individual travelers and we were obviously not prepared for dealing with this situation. I greatly appreciate your details as this will help me to address each area in which we failed. I am sorry for your experience, this is not the level of service that we generally deliver.
Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013

This hotel is in a great location --> easy to get to as long as you have a car. The rooms are clean, and have a good, functional layout especially for my business trip. The beds are very comfortable. The gym, pool, and hot tub are one of the better ones that I have used in a hotel. There are even enough sidewalks with trees around the hotel to have a nice walk outside if you prefer. The restaurant and bar in the hotel is decent. Plenty of parking. I would give this hotel 5 circles except last night about 1am, I heard my neighbors through the wall. This newer built hotel should have spent a tad bit more money, and put a little bit of sound proofing in the walls. They cannot change that now, so pick your room location wisely, and I cannot give you much advice on that.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Rachelf277
Thank you for your comments, I appreciate the detail. Our hotel is 30 years old, and you are right, newer properties do have better soundproofing generally speaking. We are working on a mitigation using white noise, which we hope will help in future. Depending on how light a sleeper you are, I believe that this could help.
Thanks again!
Bethel, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

I have stayed in this Doubletree for business many times. I usually pay $99 and for that price it can't be beat! It's convenient for my business needs as well as the mall, a few restaurants, etc. I enjoy their bar/lounge area. I'll be back!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for being a loyal guest, I appreciate your business!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2013

Stya here regularly. They have made several upgrades to their amenities and services over the past year. The staff have been consistently friendly and focused on a great customer experience, I recommend them highly.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Kurt C
lynne_luongo, General Manager at DoubleTree Hotel Boston/Bedford Glen, responded to this review, 6 March 2013
Thank you! I am so glad that you have noticed our renovations! Hope to see you again.
Lynne
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston - Billerica
HYATT house Boston/Burlington
Hampton Inn Boston Bedford Burlington
Boston Marriott Burlington
Boston Marriott Burlington
#4 of 6 in Burlington
Sonesta ES Suites Burlington
Hilton Garden Inn Burlington

Been to DoubleTree Hotel Boston/Bedford Glen? Share your experiences!