“Excellent Hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Bedford, United States
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Had a great stay at the Bedford Glen location. The meeting rooms were well cleaned and ready and the services provided for meetings (snacks, food) were excellent. The guest rooms were very comfortable and clean.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

lynne_luongo, General Manager at DoubleTree Hotel Boston/Bedford Glen, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Thank you very much! I hope you can come back sometime when you don't have to be in meetings all day, there is a lot to do in the area and we have great weekend rates!
Lynne

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Portland, United States
Reviewed 24 October 2013

This is my first choice place to stay when doing contract work in the area. I can't always get in -- it books up if I don't know my travel plans several weeks in advance. Every one of the hotel staff are wonderful, welcoming, helpful. The facilities and grounds are very well kept. It's the best hotel gym i've ever found. The rooms and beds are very comfortable. I appreciate having coffee as well as 2 bottles of water available in my room. The food in the restaurant and bar is very good -- i especially love their salads (grilled salmon, grilled chicken) -- and there is a pizza kitchen on site as another option. I've had nothing but great experiences here.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

lynne_luongo, General Manager at DoubleTree Hotel Boston/Bedford Glen, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Thank you!
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Overall the hotel was very nice from the appearance of the lobby when entering to the room itself. It's a little out of the way but at least you don't hear any city noises from outside. The bed was comfortable, the room was clean and in good condition. My only complaint was that there was some noise from the hallway after we arrived at night and then again the next morning. Too bad hotel doors to rooms can't be better soundproofed! The warm cookies upon arrival were very good!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for the review, I wish there were a way to better soundproof the rooms too. We replace the door gaskets and door sweeps bi-annually, but noise does seem to find it's way. I am in the process of purchasing earplugs for the rooms. I saw this in a downtown hotel and thought it was a great idea. Even when the hotel is quiet, it does have generic noise and I think that hotels in general are always more noisy than your bedroom at home. Hopefully this will help.
cape coral, United States
Reviewed 19 October 2013

The hotel in general is quite nice and I would probably stay there again, but not getting your room cleaned and then having the check out clerk trying to place the blame on me was totally unacceptable. This is not to mention all the other amenities that were not provided to a Hilton Honors member. This is more of an employee problem then a hotel problem and hopefully management will straighten it out.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

lynne_luongo, General Manager at DoubleTree Hotel Boston/Bedford Glen, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
This is not at all acceptable to me. Thanks for letting me know.
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Very good hotel. Respectful and great customer service, making you feel right at home for a good price. Comfortable and spacious rooms for a couple, with a very relaxing bed, good for a person with a bad back. The pizza place in the hotel makes really good pizza (didn't try SORA). I would recommend this place as well as signing up for Hilton honors.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
lynne_luongo, General Manager at DoubleTree Hotel Boston/Bedford Glen, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Thank you!
Reviewed 13 October 2013

The DoubleTree Boston/Bedford was the location for a three day training program I had to attend. Unfortunately I made my travel and hotel arrangements (from DC to Boston) last minute and the DoubleTree was sold out so I ended up staying at the Marriott Boston/Burlington, less than 5 miles away. After my first day of training I appproached the front desk at the DoubleTree to ask for assistance to set up a taxi to return to the Marriott and I was greeted and helped with a smile and superb customer service from Bernie. He not only made arrangements for me to return to the Marriott every day after my training and to the airport on the last day, his service to a "non-true guest" made me feel like an appreciated guest. Today, Bernie stands out in my mind as the friendliest and best hotel agent I have encountered in my business travels. This was my first encounter with DoubleTree service and the superb customer service experience Bernie provided has made me add the DoubleTree to my preferred list of hotels for business travel. Thank you Bernie for the great service! All hotel agents should have your caring customer service skills, as this is key to turn guests into loyal customers.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you so much! Bernie truly is a Rock Star in my book.
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We always stay at this hotel when visiting family in Mass. The bed and linens are more than comfortable. I love the small strip of fabric at the base of the bed instead of a quilt. The pool is well maintained. However, during our latest stay, pool towels were unavailable, and I had to ask for towels, which were promptly provided. The restaurant's food is very good. Hotel service exceeds my expectations every time we stay here.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thanks very much, I appreciate your repeat business! I will certainly mention the towel situation to our Fitness Center team.
Lynne
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
Hampton Inn Boston Bedford Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston - Billerica
Hilton Garden Inn Burlington
Crowne Plaza Boston Woburn
HYATT house Boston/Burlington
Sonesta ES Suites Burlington

Been to DoubleTree Hotel Boston/Bedford Glen? Share your experiences!